Premier League 2018/19

Who will win the league?

• Total voters

Xaviniesta

Liverpool create many chances per game but the likes of salah and mane are just shit finishers and firmino isn't even a striker. this cost them against Atletico, who they should've comfortably beat.

their weakness is that they don't have a real striker. they need a no.9 who can regularly finish chances and win at least some headers from the crosses spammed by trent and robertson. i guess that is why klopp was after werner.

if they don't sign a forward better than origi they will struggle next season

FinBarcelonafan

Liverpool create many chances per game but the likes of salah and mane are just shit finishers and firmino isn't even a striker. this cost them against Atletico, who they should've comfortably beat.

their weakness is that they don't have a real striker. they need a no.9 who can regularly finish chances and win at least some headers from the crosses spammed by trent and robertson. i guess that is why klopp was after werner.

It's good they missed on Werner

Morten

Someone on redcafe i think, mentioned that Firmino is one of those that take most shots this season.

If true, his conversion rate is awful.

Could someone dig up shooting stats from PL this season?

Catta

Someone on redcafe i think, mentioned that Firmino is one of those that take most shots this season.

If true, his conversion rate is awful.

Could someone dig up shooting stats from PL this season?

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_scoring_att

He is third in total shots, only behind Salah and Jimenez.

Firmino has become so overrated because of his defensive work rate, and people talking him up as Liverpools most important player, but the reality is he is an average striker, and the team would be much better with a striker who can score.

Morten

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_scoring_att

He is third in total shots, only behind Salah and Jimenez.

Firmino has become so overrated because of his defensive work rate, and people talking him up as Liverpools most important player, but the reality is he is an average striker, and the team would be much better with a striker who can score.

Jeez, thats a truly awful conversion rate.

On the other hand, really impressive by Vardy to be leading the top scorer charts, efficient lad.

Having said that, shooting stats doesnt tell everything.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Firmino is the type of striker who will make wings score more by his movement and passing. Sort like Benzema/Suarez/Lewandowski.
Suarez & Lewa are the only 2 of this generation that are clinical strikers while being ale to make wingers increase their scoring ability, and this is why they are arguable the best no 9 of their generation.

Home of Barca Fans