Positive Thinking Cules

Kul_z

Looking at the squad I hope the likes of Lenglet, Mingueza, Umtiti, Roberto, Riqui, Braithwaite are sold/told to leave.

If Xavi want someone to take up Roberto's role I'd rather sign Alves to a one year extension till 2023 to do that job.

Haaland, Mazraoui, Kessie, World Class CB(Koulibaly, MDL and Kounde the ones we're linked with), Dembele replacement if he leaves and a GK should be the signings we make. Not sure we'll be able to make it all though, but those are the type of signings that would add some quality to this squad and make us serious contenders for most trophies.

Agreed, but unless we offload all of those mentioned plus depay at least we would struggle to sign haaland + cb, mdl especially. Its either one if any of them

Messi983

MATS, Dimitrievski/Pena
Mazraoui, Azpi, Araujo, Christensen, Garcia, Pique, Alba, Dest
Busi, Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico, Kessie
Ansu, Memphis, Haaland, Auba, Ferran, Dembouz/Adama

22 players who can all start and are versatile to play multiple positions to also give Xavi an option to play 3-4-3.

Obviously only big investment in Haaland while other new signings are for cheap/free but should still be more than enough to challenge for and win La Liga. Then invest big in a CB, LB and GK in 2023.

gregorrin10

MATS, Dimitrievski/Pena
Mazraoui, Azpi, Araujo, Christensen, Garcia, Pique, Alba, Dest
Busi, Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico, Kessie
Ansu, Memphis, Haaland, Auba, Ferran, Dembouz/Adama

22 players who can all start and are versatile to play multiple positions to also give Xavi an option to play 3-4-3.

Obviously only big investment in Haaland while other new signings are for cheap/free but should still be more than enough to challenge for and win La Liga. Then invest big in a CB, LB and GK in 2023.

We need to sell Depay this summer and make a profit on him while we still can, since he's only got a contract until 2023. I'd actually prefer even exercising the buy option on Adama AND giving a short 2 or 2+1 year extension to Dembele (even though I think we'll still do only one of those things even if we also sell Memphis) over keeping Depay, since they simply have the better profile and are actual typical wingers, who Xavi can always make use of. If we really need to, we can always get a new free agent in 2023 on a short contract, when there will be even more quality attackers on the market. Even with the current attacking lineup it's questionable whether we still need Depay, but if we actually also manage to get Haaland, it's a no brainer to get rid of Depay. I imagine we'll try to do the same with Kessie and Christensen in 2024 or 2025 (probably giving them both a 4-year deal this summer) if they don't work out.

Even though it was considered almost shameful in the past, I imagine there will be more and more for clubs to gain from looking at the free agents pool in the future, as more and more real quality players will follow Mbappe's suit and simply opt to run down their contracts and be able to freely choose their next club. Not to mention also be eligible or at least be in a position where they can demand a big signing on bonus, so they are the ones to get that money instead of their previous clubs, since the new clubs won't have to pay any transfer fee to get them. Football will inevitably (and unfortunately) change more and more to the NBA model, where there's gonna be more and more big market opportunities every summer. While loyal players will (again, unfortunately) become a rarity rather than the norm.

Devils

Christensen and KESSIE will be stunning signings.

Add in Haaland and we are competing for the CL next season.

Kul_z

Christensen and KESSIE will be stunning signings.

Add in Haaland and we are competing for the CL next season.

After watching this madrid qsg tie, cant help to think that even now if we somehow scrapped the win against benfica we would be at quarter finals at least

Messi983

After watching this madrid qsg tie, cant help to think that even now if we somehow scrapped the win against benfica we would be at quarter finals at least

Yeah, I think this current team could surprise some teams that are supposed to be better on paper. And I'm sure we would also be competitive against Liverpool or City even if we'd probably still lost. Would probably come down to if we could finish off chances we would create or not.

serghei

Yeah, I think this current team could surprise some teams that are supposed to be better on paper. And I'm sure we would also be competitive against Liverpool or City even if we'd probably still lost. Would probably come down to if we could finish off chances we would create or not.

I think we're still 2 top players short. Against PSG it would depend if Araujo would do well vs Mbappe. Also, Pedri needs to be more consistent, atm only Frenkie is playing at a world class level.

Joan

We have gone from doom and gloom to surprising teams in the Cl in a matter of weeks. Our revival still lacks substance and quality but we should be there with a few noteworthy additions.

gregorrin10

Everybody could see it happening, piece by piece, but nobody fully believed it, until now.

Xavi Hernandez has resurrected Barcelona; Barca are back.

Their 4-0 destruction of Real Madrid at a broken Santiago Bernabeu will go down with other historic results, like the 6-2 in 2009 or the 5-0 in 2010, but perhaps it will prove most similar to the Blaugrana's 2-1 win in the Spanish capital in 2004.

Xavi scored that night for Barcelona, who did not win the league, but did help Valencia overtake Real Madrid to claim La Lig. More importantly for the Catalans, it kick-started a new era.

After years of suffering at the hands of their eternal rivals, Barca made that night a turning point. Great success followed, but even before the trophies began flooding in, supporters understood how big it was.

Around four thousands fans headed to the airport to greet the team on their return from Madrid, sensing a profound change was coming.

This victory, humiliating for the league leaders but not likely to be damaging to their title hopes given their nine-point advantage on second-place Sevilla, feels similar.

Barcelona had lost their last five Clasicos, four in La Liga and the Spanish Super Cup clash in January, their worst run in the fixture since the 1960s.

That defeat in Saudi Arabia felt significant, a turning point, one which was greeted as such by president Joan Laporta, who praised the team effusively, despite losing.

It was understandable, given the improvement was obvious, albeit still frustrating to lose to your most bitter rivals. Frenkie de Jong, who was stellar at the Bernabeu on Sunday, noted that Barcelona should never be content to lose a Clasico.

It spoke not only to his high standards, but those of Xavi and his team, constantly seeking to improve performances and correct mistakes.

The remarkable thing is how quickly Xavi has breathed life into a Barcelona that managed just two goals in their six Champions League group-stage games and were relegated to the Europa League, while also languishing ninth in the table.

There have been numerous steps forward since Xavi returned ?home?, with big wins over Atletico Madrid, Napoli and Valencia particular highlights, as well as a general acknowledgement that the team are improving with every game.

The players are increasingly capable of following the system Xavi has set up and the automated moves he wants them to be able to pull off in their sleep.

No longer do Barcelona look blocked and incapable of mentally taking on a game of this size.

Barca are BACK! ����

Trust the process, bros! :barcascarf:

Home of Barca Fans