Positive Thinking Cules

FC433

I hope and sort of expect:

- FDJ and Pedri keep developing this season
- Fati returns and stays fit
- Emerson and Araujo become reliable as first-team players
- Supporters need to be vocal and expressive, we refuse to slowly and gradually slip away from becoming a competitive team. Need to always remember what happened to ACM and we could just end up the same.

Kul_z

Positive thing is we would finally approach almost all games against big clubs as underdogs. 10 players that would attack and defend.

Raketa10

The pessimism in this forum is unbelievable. Our squad (if everyone fit and registered) is OK. It's not perfect and of course we can't fight for the CL but it's not a disaster either. If we could sign one more physical midfielder we could challenge La Liga for sure. Real and ATM are also nothing special at the moment.

We have a very good GK.

Our defense is young and has a lot of potential. On the left side Alba is still decent and on the right side we now have Dest and Emerson. Our attack with Fati (if he returns to his previous level), Griezmann, Depay, Dembele and Aguero is still quite good.

The biggest problem IMHO is midfield. With Messi gone we'll need to play faster and I am 100% sure Busi at this age can't do that. Too bad we can't sign one strong box to box midfielder. That type of a player would do miracles for the balance of this team. As things stand right now we only have Pedri and De Jong. All other midfielders are way bellow required level. Busi is old, Roberto is crap and so is Puig. Gavi is still too young and I honestly don't know where should we play Coutinho. This guy is not a winger and not a midfielder. Maybe we should try to talk with Moriba once again as he is probably our last chance to strengthen the midfield.

The way I see things we need to survive first few games and than things could start to improve. I am sure we'll be OK in the long run.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

The pessimism in this forum is unbelievable. Our squad (if everyone fit and registered) is OK. It's not perfect and of course we can't fight for the CL but it's not a disaster either. If we could sign one more physical midfielder we could challenge La Liga for sure. Real and ATM are also nothing special at the moment.

If Fati returns healthy and he manages to regain his form I am sure well be fun to watch. The biggest problem IMHO is midfield. With Messi gone we'll need to play faster and I am 100% sure Busi at this age can't do that. Too bad we can't sign one strong box to box midfielder. That type of a player would do miracles for the balance of this team.

I totally agree about the physical midfielder. It brings balance and intensity. Having too many smaller midfielders just doesn't cut it in today's game especially cl.

FinBarcelonafan

If Fati returns healthy and he manages to regain his form I am sure well be fun to watch. The biggest problem IMHO is midfield. With Messi gone we'll need to play faster and I am 100% sure Busi at this age can't do that. Too bad we can't sign one strong box to box midfielder. That type of a player would do miracles for the balance of this team.

IF things work out we are fine, yes, but as you see with Aguero's injury, things usually don't turn round perfectly.

We need luck for sure.

Raketa10

IF things work out we are fine, yes, but as you see with Aguero's injury, things usually don't turn round perfectly.

We need luck for sure.

With Depay, Demebele (if he renews) and Fati (if he gets back on his level before injury) we will have a fast and unpredictable attack. IMHO we should aim for a much faster transition this season. This is the reason I see Busi as the main problem in our squad. This guy is slow as it gets and playing fast doesn't suit him at all.

Rory

Positive news for barca is that la liga is not all that. We still comfortably have the 3rd best squad in the league and should have the firepower, midfield stability and ... to finish 4th/3rd and who knows push on further? In the current circumstances that's a win in my eyes.

Home of Barca Fans