Pierre-Emile Kordt Hojbjerg

El Flaco

Off to Southampton for around 15m. Hopefully he can cement his place in the team and finally develop some consistency to his game.

Any of you Brits in here, with a bit of knowledge on the midfield situation in Southampton?

[tw]752563105402683392[/tw]

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Seems a sharp kid, can see why Pep like him so much - at the start anyway. Anyone with any credible info on what ultimately happened to him under Guardiola?

Trickykid

Seems a sharp kid, can see why Pep like him so much - at the start anyway. Anyone with any credible info on what ultimately happened to him under Guardiola?

Back when Højbjerg moved to Augsburg on loan, he was interviewed by Danish media. He basically told that he had - perhaps too early on his career - big ambitions (most likely about playing more), and that Pep wanted to take it slow with him. He also confirmed that regrettable things were said between the two because of this, and that it caused a rift between them. He stressed that he has all the respect in the world for Pep, and that he's a fantastic coach... on the field. Basically he's mirroring what Zlatan stated back then but in less controversial terms.

Lastly her stressed that it isn't his job to be best of friends with his coach, but to do what he's told.

So yeah, all in all it was most likely a clash of personalities, but never a matter of professionalism.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Cheers for that, like I said sharp kid - shame about him losing his father so young, that changes things as well

He had a time - after he gave a fantastic debut for the danish national team in a match against Sweden - and his showing in the Cup final 2014 - when he started to fly to high and maybe got too much sugar from all sides. You heard that in the interviews back then, too. Before I have heard a lot interviews from him in which he was very humble - but not in the first months following that time.

Seems he got back on track.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He had a time - after he gave a fantastic debut for the danish national team in a match against Sweden - and his showing in the Cup final 2014 - when he started to fly to high and maybe got too much sugar from all sides. You heard that in the interviews back then, too. Before I have heard a lot interviews from him in which he was very humble - but not in the first months following that time.

Seems he got back on track.

And to be fair, I think it'd be tough to handle all the hype these young kids get along with money, attention etc. Throw in losing your father at a young age and he's ripe to go off the proverbial reservation. Just surprised Pep couldn't keep him on the path because it did seem they connected, just not enough at the time I guess - or succumbed to the pressures & sugar as you say

I like him, I look forward to seeing more of him

Home of Barca Fans