Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Messi983

Nah you never know, a cheap striker who says yes to the bench could be useful

Cavani? Although he's apparently close to sign with Villarreal. Don't really think he'd come here to get limited minutes and he also can't play on the wings.

I think we could use a signing like Jutgla last season who would primarily play for Barca B but would at the same time be good enough to be 6th forward for the first team if needed. Maybe Ilias could fit that role although I don't really rate him much. They're starting to use him as a false 9 in Barca B.

Would really like us to invest around 10m in a 17-18 yo Brazilian/Uruguayan wonderkid striker to play in Barca B and be called up for the first team if needed. Always wanted us to do this but never really happened while at the same time we've bought players at other positions, especially CB (Araujo ofc the one who paid off but also likes of Marlon, Cuenca,...) and CMs in last few seasons (first Pedri, now Pablo Torre). It's risky but if you strike gold also very rewarding as can get a talented kid for cheap. And with Lewa here we can also afford to sign a few of these punts as there would be no pressure on them to perform immediately for the first team. IF one of them will turn out good enough great if not we can always go after big fishes like Haaland or Mbappe in 2025 or maybe Endrick/Vitor Roque a year before that.

Loki

Nah you never know, a cheap striker who says yes to the bench could be useful

Yes, but he isn't cheap. He was only during his first year, because barca needed him to be able to register him last winter. Now, he earns something between 11-16m gross, depends who you believe. But even with 11m, he ain't cheap.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Cavani? Although he's apparently close to sign with Villarreal. Don't really think he'd come here to get limited minutes and he also can't play on the wings.

I think we could use a signing like Jutgla last season who would primarily play for Barca B but would at the same time be good enough to be 6th forward for the first team if needed. Maybe Ilias could fit that role although I don't really rate him much. They're starting to use him as a false 9 in Barca B.

Would really like us to invest around 10m in a 17-18 yo Brazilian/Uruguayan wonderkid striker to play in Barca B and be called up for the first team if needed. Always wanted us to do this but never really happened while at the same time we've bought players at other positions, especially CB (Araujo ofc the one who paid off but also likes of Marlon, Cuenca,...) and CMs in last few seasons (first Pedri, now Pablo Torre). It's risky but if you strike gold also very rewarding as can get a talented kid for cheap. And with Lewa here we can also afford to sign a few of these punts as there would be no pressure on them to perform immediately for the first team. IF one of them will turn out good enough great if not we can always go after big fishes like Haaland or Mbappe in 2025 or maybe Endrick/Vitor Roque a year before that.

Cavani would be a good sub player but he is too injury prone these days. I like the idea of a wonderkid from south america :D As you said with Lewa they can develop without pressure and at the same time they can learn from one of the best strikers in this generation. Would be really nice, lets see.

Yes, but he isn't cheap. He was only during his first year, because barca needed him to be in order to register him last winter. Now, he earns something between 11-16m gross, depends who you believe. But even with 11m, he ain't cheap.

I didnt speak from Auba, i doubt this dude would accept the bench role and he is too expensive. I mean something like Messi983 has written, a very young player with potential or a old striker with experience

pers

IMO Barcelona needs at least one quality striker to avoid Bayern mistake. They lost against PSG in 20/21 quarterfinal just because Lewy couldn't play. Auba or Depay needs to stay. Wonderkid may be enough for LaLiga but not in CL where experience matters a lot.

Messi983

IMO Barcelona needs at least one quality striker to avoid Bayern mistake. They lost against PSG in 20/21 quarterfinal just because Lewy couldn't play. Auba or Depay needs to stay. Wonderkid may be enough for LaLiga but not in CL where experience matters a lot.

Fair point but most of us don't expect to do much in CL anyway as long as we still have Busi and Alba as starters.

And well, we've had experienced teams in the past few seasons and the only thing we got with them were regular European humiliations.

FinBarcelonafan

Yes, but he isn't cheap. He was only during his first year, because barca needed him to be able to register him last winter. Now, he earns something between 11-16m gross, depends who you believe. But even with 11m, he ain't cheap.

Exactly. Even more reason to sell him.

FinBarcelonafan

This team ain't winning CL without Lewa.

Frankly, it's like losing Messi. Barca ain't same without Messi or Lewa.

So in a way it doesnt matter who the sub is.

Fati/Torres can take care of it for few games.. better than most average strikers probably

Birdy

Even if it's a good business decision,

it's a terrible sporting decision to have no pure striker as Lewa's sub.

Why did we let Luuk go then???

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What’s Aubas wages these days? If we ditch him can we register Kounde and keep De Jong?

We can keep Frenkie either way, but they want to sell him to sign Bernardo Silva.

An Auba sale would allow them to register Kounde and Alonso.

Home of Barca Fans