Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Birdy

Seriously selling him for 25-30mil would be great business. Keep Depay as a backup.

But I don't mind keeping Auba either and sell Depay for 20mil. Either way, Barca wins..

Don't agree.
Business-wise it's a good move, but not sporting-wise

Auba is a focal point striker, and we need a serious sub for Lewa both for rotational and injury purposes
Depay ain't that, he has proven it tons of times where he played as striker.
He is a good sub for the LW spot, but not for the CF spot.

Auba should stay put here.
Hope Xavi blocks the move

fergus90

Seems premature to lose Auba, going on his scoring rate from Feb onwards he would have comfortably been top scorer.

Ansu has it in his locker no doubt to pick up the slack but question marks remain on his fitness. Ferran is an awful finisher so no chance of him getting close to Auba’s output unless he somehow drastically improves.

iniestaGOAT

Seems premature to lose Auba, going on his scoring rate from Feb onwards he would have comfortably been top scorer.

Ansu has it in his locker no doubt to pick up the slack but question marks remain on his fitness. Ferran is an awful finisher so no chance of him getting close to Auba?s output unless he somehow drastically improves.

Nah we don't need him it's not premature it's precaution

He gets paid 18m next year

Ship his ass out asap

serghei

Ansu has it in his locker no doubt to pick up the slack but question marks remain on his fitness. Ferran is an awful finisher so no chance of him getting close to Auba’s output unless he somehow drastically improves.
True, but some offers are too good to pass on. 30m for Auba would be hard to decline.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He won't leave as I doubt Chelsea will offer more than 5/10m for him. He also wanted to play in Spain for years and won't move after half a year.

Straight swap for Azpilicueta would be nice

I'm getting the impression that Chelsea simply don't want to sell Azpi due to his experience and leadership. Basically the same reasons we want him.

Especially with this being Boehly's first year in charge.

Last edited:

fergus90

It's definitely short-sighted to lose him after 6 months especially as he will go for peanuts and his goals in his locker.

If Barca wants to go deep in every competition there needs to be quality squad depth both for injuries and keeping players on their toes.

Lewa has just arrived and may take time to settle, Raphinha same and his main job isn't goals, likewise Dembele. Ansu definitely capable but he's had two years of very little football and will need managing accordingly to risk another relapse, Ferran big transfer fee - useless finisher but a useful player.

So pretty much leaves Depay even though he's done very well in patches who is the most dispensable given his strongest position and contract situation.

Birdy

@Youngcules
?
37m
Miguel Sanz reporting that Xavi has declared Aubameyang non-transferable and wants him the team as he has been very impressed by the players performance since joining the club and believes he guarantees goals.

Nucky

I hope Aubameyang stays.. Lewa will need back up, Depay can't be his back up.. I rather see we sell Memphis and keep Auba..

xXKonan

Chelsea will sit down with Barcelona to hold talks over Aubameyang — as well as, separately, and more immediately, try to hijack United’s attempts to sign Frenkie De Jong.
@JBurtTelegraph

Messi983

I hope Aubameyang stays.. Lewa will need back up, Depay can't be his back up.. I rather see we sell Memphis and keep Auba..

It's the opposite to me. Memphis is more versatile and can be used on the wings as well. Lewa will probably play most of the games anyway and Ansu/Ferran can play upfront when he won't be available. I'm also kind of against having two 33 years old strikers.

And from a financial standpoint selling Auba for 5-10m now, renew Memphis for 2-3 years and then possibly sell him next year also makes more sense than sell Memphis now and most likely let Auba go for free in a year or two.

But in the end I like both Auba and Memphis and think whichever of them stays will be a good squad player so will be fine with whatever we'll do as long as we won't just let Memphis go for free.

Looks like Xavi prefers Auba anyway so I think he'll be the one staying unless Chelsea really wants him and are willing to overpay.

malvolio

Just scroll 10 pages back on this thread and see the same people rightfully trash "Auba" for his performance at the end of last season.

Club would do well to get rid of both him and Depay. Ideally we would have a young hungry striker on the bench, who would learn from Lewa.

Home of Barca Fans