Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Porque

Sell Auba because of his 2nd year wage increase.

Spend all the levers on three players we are now trying to sell.

Extend Joao Felix inspite his 2nd year salary cap increase

The life and death of Barcelona in three sentences.

khaled_a_d

Sell Auba because of his 2nd year wage increase.

Spend all the levers on three players we are now trying to sell.

Extend Joao Felix inspite his 2nd year salary cap increase

The life and death of Barcelona in three sentences.

What is that?

Porque

What is that?

We want to extend Felix second year loan. Remember on the books we are paying hardly any of his wage.

While LaLiga have calculated 6m or so as salary cap application.

If we loan next season no doubt we will incurr the majority of his wage.

Which given his performances is not a good move.

Messi983

Aren't we only paying him like 400k while La Liga is calculating 4m or something?

Anyway, should stay away from renewing Felix's loan.

Cancelo I could live with another loan (if no obligatory buy option) but City will prefer to sell this summer and we shouldn't pay 40-50m they'll demand.

khaled_a_d

We want to extend Felix second year loan. Remember on the books we are paying hardly any of his wage.

While LaLiga have calculated 6m or so as salary cap application.

If we loan next season no doubt we will incurr the majority of his wage.

Which given his performances is not a good move.

I don't know how much he is paid (and I seriously hope no one will quote capology whom themselves admit that huge chunk of their reported salary is based on random algorithmic calculations) but I don't think it is bad idea tbh.
I don't like Felix, but I also think Barca are worse team without him than with him, and it will cost a lot of money to buy a replacement too.
Depends on terms of the deal I guess.

Porque

Aren't we only paying him like 400k while La Liga is calculating 4m or something?

Cancelo I could live with another loan (if no obligatory buy option) but City will prefer to sell this summer and we shouldn't pay 40-50m they'll demand.

These are the reports. While I'm sure extending his loan would be conditional on paying the majority of his wage.

I don't know if he has done enough for us to do that.

But as Khaled said, we may not be able to afford anything else.

feggydinho

They'll get that 40-50m elsewhere, especially in the EPL if Barca is not willing to pay. Now who do we get for that amount if we're to bid for another wing back

Messi983

They'll get that 40-50m elsewhere, especially in the EPL if Barca is not willing to pay. Now who do we get for that amount if we're to bid for another wing back

Yes, PL or Saudi clubs (if he's willing to go there) will definitely pay for him. Cancelo is a good player worth that money in normal circumstances. But we don't live in those right now.

As said in another thread just go with Kounde and Julian Araujo at RB next season. Not great but not bad either. Save the money (if we'll be able to spend anything at all) for a DM and maybe LW.

Messi983

These are the reports. While I'm sure extending his loan would be conditional on paying the majority of his wage.

I don't know if he has done enough for us to do that.

But as Khaled said, we may not be able to afford anything else.

I'm sure Atleti will also insist on including an obligatory buy which is not something we should accept from what he has shown so far. That's why I'm pretty "calm" about Felix not being here next season. But then again Mendes and Laporta are amigos so everything is possible.

Maybe next coach can "unlock" him and he'll score 20-30 goals but I wouldn't bet on that. There is just something missing with him and it's not lack of talent. Maybe should take a step back in his career and go play for a second tier clubs like Sevilla or Brighton for a season or two to see if he can finally put it together and then try his luck at a bigger club again.

Home of Barca Fans