Phil Jones

Djab

true, considering that moyes had fellaini at everton for 5 years and already knew everything there was to know about him as a player it makes the signing even more baffling...
Well, Moyes was really desperate to sign someone, and so many players were determined to become that player MU will sign.
And because he couldn't manage to sign a player and wanted to come out of that giant pressure, he made this transfer happen.
And lets not forget shall we Fellaini wasn't the first choice. It's a bad transfer but not the worst _ I think.

S7_MUFC

Well, Moyes was really desperate to sign someone, and so many players were determined to become that player MU will sign.
And because he couldn't manage to sign a player and wanted to come out of that giant pressure, he made this transfer happen.
And lets not forget shall we Fellaini wasn't the first choice. It's a bad transfer but not the worst _ I think.
He's not even as good as Anderson in my opinion so that makes him our worst signing ever because paying 27m for player who isn't even as good as player we've been desperate to offload makes no sense........

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
He's not even as good as Anderson in my opinion so that makes him our worst signing ever because paying 27m for player who isn't even as good as player we've been desperate to offload makes no sense........

As I said dozens of times. Fellaini is much more effective just behind the front man. It was where he was most prolific for Everton.

As a central midfielder he is next to usesless.

Martindn

Fellaini could of been had for 4/5ths of the price too earlier, its quite clear he was bought on a whim we had to bring someone in after the summer of promises. The player everton replaced him with for half the price will be a better player in the future and could possibly be even now.

Though i am going to give him a chance to prove himself, its not fair to pre judge on wages fees and past performances.

DannyG

A Tottenham supporter here but I'm going to say although Fellaini isn't worth £27m he will improve. He's a good player. He plays well CM for Belgium but I don't think he's good enough to be a regular at United. He will improve I'm sure but right now he plays like he's very nervous and he's trying to hard. I think the pressure of being at United is getting to him.
I remember when he first went to United he was talking about the difficulties he's faced with the intensity in training. Maybe he won't ever be a quality CM for United but I definitely think he'll improve. But it'll probably be next season when you see his best when he's had a proper pre-season. If he doesn't improve and folds under pressure I can see United trying to sell him summer 2015.

And he isn't your worst signing. Bebe the worst, easily. What was it £7.5m? FFS.

But I think you lot will need two new CM signings. Carrick is getting older, Cleverley is average, Anderson needs to leave, Fellaini needs to improve, Giggs will retire at the end of the season and I think Jones will be a Cb long term. I think United should go for Cabaye or Rakitic in the January window then a top quality CM in the summer.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Fellaini could of been had for 4/5ths of the price too earlier, its quite clear he was bought on a whim we had to bring someone in after the summer of promises. The player everton replaced him with for half the price will be a better player in the future and could possibly be even now.

Though i am going to give him a chance to prove himself, its not fair to pre judge on wages fees and past performances.
who is the one they replaced fellaini with?

Banana-Rama

There was no one to be replaced....Our last Central Midfield signing was Hargreaves..........

i think he is talking about who everton replaced fellaini with, that would be james mccarthy, i actually said during the summer when we were going after fellaini and everton were linked with mccarthy that i would rather have the midfielder from wigan, for me he is a better player then fellaini and was less then half the price too. i think fellaini will turn out to be our version of the andy carroll signing...

S7_MUFC

i think he is talking about who everton replaced fellaini with, that would be james mccarthy, i actually said during the summer when we were going after fellaini and everton were linked with mccarthy that i would rather have the midfielder from wigan, for me he is a better player then fellaini and was less then half the price too. i think fellaini will turn out to be our version of the andy carroll signing...
what are the odds of his next club being west ham? Fellaini is still better than carrol and can do a decent job as no 10 for mid table clubs...His hold up play was effective against Arsenal towards the end...

Dinho

Jones has improved his positional sense and reading of the game significantly in the past year. He actually keeps the ball surprisingly well, his passing stats prove that. But he can be prone to the occasional bad first touch or sloppy pass forward. But the defensive qualities he brings to our midfield has given us a nice balance in the games that he's featured in as a central midfielder. He gives our attacking players more license to interchange and counter attack. As long as he has a creative player beside him (Giggs the other night), then he's a viable option to start regularly for us in the heart of the midfield. I would worry if he was partnered with Fellaini or an out of form Cleverley.

I still see Jones as developing into a dominant centre back in time. He has all the physical capabilities and enough technical ability to become an all round defender. He's still only 21. He could be a monster in two years time.

Last edited:

DannyG

what are the odds of his next club being west ham? Fellaini is still better than carrol and can do a decent job as no 10 for mid table clubs...His hold up play was effective against Arsenal towards the end...

He was Everton's best player in the last two seasons and a regular for a good Beligum side and you think he's only good enough for a mid-table club? OK.

pEllee

Jones has improved his positional sense and reading of the game significantly in the past year. He actually keeps the ball surprisingly well, his passing stats prove that. But he can be prone to the occasional bad first touch or sloppy pass forward. But the defensive qualities he brings to our midfield has given us a nice balance in the games that he's featured in as a central midfielder. He gives our attacking players more license to interchange and counter attack. As long as he has a creative player beside him (Giggs the other night), then he's a viable option to start regularly for us in the heart of the midfield. I would worry if he was partnered with Fellaini or an out of form Cleverley.

I still see Jones as developing into a dominant centre back in time. He has all the physical capabilities and enough technical ability to become an all round defender. He's still only 21. He could be a monster in two years time.

It seems like a waste of talent to be honest. His qualities are his energy, his athleticism, his reading of the game and his tenacity. He's an aggressive player that always wants to attack the opponents. He'd probably get dragged out of position too often in a centre back role.

I think he's better in central midfield. As he's shown already... with great performances against top sides.

Last edited:

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
This is pretty creepy how similar my style of play and his are; I am a RB, have lately played mostly CB and have also played DM every now and then... I am also aggressive and more athletic than most of the others in my league, and I'm also prone to random bad touches or sloppy passes... :tata1:

What I don't do is make scary faces.
article-2306398-19332643000005DC-743_306x423.jpg

Home of Barca Fans