Pep Guardiola

Ursegor

World Champion
Tito knew, I've said this before. Don't you remember when a journalist asked him about Thiago he said: "I don't look at the contracts I pick the players who deserve to play"

How is this evidence that Tito knew about the clause? That interview happened after it got leaked to the whole world that there was a clause. That's why the journalist asked such a question to begin with.

AvocadoCake

Tito just said "of course" Pep met him in NY and that they are friends and Pep was there for him when he needed him, but also said he never felt the club used the illness against Guardiola.

Galning

How is this evidence that Tito knew about the clause? That interview happened after it got leaked to the whole world that there was a clause. That's why the journalist asked such a question to begin with.

Euhm because they asked this 2 months before the end of the season when he still had plenty of time to play him if he didn't knew.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He obviously didn't play him for a reason. Maybe not trying hard in training or not convincing when he was given minutes, he's great for under 21 national team, but in barca he is a bit sloppy. He already wanted to leave and playing him in a few meaningless games towards the end wouldn't have changed much.

If his clause had been raised he would have left anyway as bayern would have paid the same 25 million and we'd accept because thiago only wants o develop under pep who he trusts.

Yaya

When Thiago and hopefully Pep get back one day everyone will know how idiotic was to let both guys leave in the first place and who was at fault for that.

Ursegor

World Champion
Euhm because they asked this 2 months before the end of the season when he still had plenty of time to play him if he didn't knew.

2 months before the end of the season:

06.04. Mallorca
14.04. Zaragoza
20.04. Levante
27.04. Athletic Club
05.05. Real Betis
12.05. Atletico Madrid
19.05. Real Valladolid
26.05. Espanyol
01.06. Malaga

A total of 810 minutes to be played.

Thiago played 500 minutes.
Iniesta played 514 minutes.
Xavi played 446 minutes.

F

Flavia

If I'm not mistaken the clause was brought up when there were only 2 games left, not enough to reach the 60%.

jamrock

its not about minutes played you can play a bunch of garbage minutes and it has up, on 15 times did he play more than 30 minutes last season according to espn the other 21 was less and that's the point that's why the clause was activated, even when games were over by the 40th minutes, tito didn't put him on until it was garbage minutes time.

jamrock

so lets say for those 21 games he played the full 30 minutes that would mean 630 of the minutes he played last season was nothing minutes and keep in mind that he didn't play the full 90 in the other 15, which is why i ignore minutes played stats, you throw on a guy enough time when the game is none and dusted and it will add up.

Ursegor

World Champion
its not about minutes played you can play a bunch of garbage minutes and it has up, on 15 times did he play more than 30 minutes last season according to espn the other 21 was less and that's the point that's why the clause was activated, even when games were over by the 40th minutes, tito didn't put him on until it was garbage minutes time.

Your argument would be valid if I had argued with the amount of caps. But I didn't argue with the amount of caps. I argued with the minutes he played. It doesn't get any more specific than "minutes played".

He missed over 10 games due to injury.
He missed pre-season.
He needed probably another 3 or 4 games after his injury to get into any sort of match fitness.
Meanwhile the team without him was on a roll, accummulating 55 out of 57 points in La Liga.

You guys are trippin' if you still believe Thiago didn't get the minutes he deserved. He played as much as Iniesta in the second half of the season once he was injury-free. How did he even deserve to play as much as Iniesta - by far the best Barca player last season bar Messi and the top assister in Europe?

His departure will benefit Barca. Too many cooks etc. etc. Now we don't have to move people around like Iniesta on the wing or Fabregas as a false 9 to satisfy everyone. Fabregas and Iniesta with the movement of Neymar-Messi-Alexis upfront will be glorious.

JamDav1982

so lets say for those 21 games he played the full 30 minutes that would mean 630 of the minutes he played last season was nothing minutes and keep in mind that he didn't play the full 90 in the other 15, which is why i ignore minutes played stats, you throw on a guy enough time when the game is none and dusted and it will add up.

Do you think playing him in some more meaningless games he would have made him want to stay?

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Clearly, Tito values Cesc more than Thiago. Only Valdes started more games for Barcelona in La Liga than Cesc did.

I'm fine with that. There was certain games during the first half of the season where it looked like Cesc was the best midfielder in the world.

Home of Barca Fans