Pep Guardiola

AvocadoCake

I don't understand how he gets the blame over Tito/Rosell or even Thiago himself. Pep is the last one who caused this to happen, yet everyone seems to forget why Thiago was unhappy in the first place.

But why is he coming out saying this publicly, maybe if he explained how the club was damaging him I'd understand, but right now all we know is that he's not happy about something to do with Tito and Rosell.. I'm not hating him because we had 4 years under him that were just something else, but I'm certainly not loving the Pep we've seen over the last day or two.

edit:

Some people said he doesn't want to see Tito while both stood in NY.

So he didn't want to see his friend (who was sick with cancer) while they were both in the same city, so he goes crying out to the media about it and blames Rosell? Brilliant logic.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Hope both Pep and Thiago fail miserably at Bayern.
Those who pick Pep over FC Barcelona and invent excuses should take a long hard look at themselves.

It's not that simple. That entire idea is based off of the notion that Pep is the antagonist and Barca the innocent victim when there were many more factors to take into account.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
But why is he coming out saying this publicly, maybe if he explained how the club was damaging him I'd understand, but right now all we know is that he's not happy about something to do with Tito and Rosell.. I'm not hating him because we had 4 years under him that were just something else, but I'm certainly not loving the Pep we've seen over the last day or two.

Well I doubt Pep would go at length revealing details about his feud with Rosell and the board. The last day or two has opened the eyes to some Barca fans who still deep down thought he was 100% loyal to Barcelona when in reality he is with Bayern now and they are his priority. He took his favored staff members with him there to ease the transition into a new club/country, he took Thiago to have a familiar player with him in his new project. He did it all out of professionalism, not pitying Barcelona or graciously caring about the club with every decision he makes like some cules would want.

Birdy

Hope both Pep and Thiago fail miserably at Bayern.
Those who pick Pep over FC Barcelona and invent excuses should take a long hard look at themselves.

Failing to see the red line is pathetic. Its not Barcelona Vs Pep, its 1)Pep Vs Rossel and 2)Thiago Vs Barcelona

And whoever questions Pep's ethics after the 4 years he spend as a first team coach after all we saw from him, should really take a hard look at themselves..

jamrock

who is choosing pep over barca, pep is in German barca in.Spain they can both be very successful without impacting on the other outside of the cl, but why should we want him to fail after all his as done for the club as player and coach, he left because he thought his cycle was over and he no longer liked the working environment

JamDav1982

Well I doubt Pep would go at length revealing details about his feud with Rosell and the board. The last day or two has opened the eyes to some Barca fans who still deep down thought he was 100% loyal to Barcelona when in reality he is with Bayern now and they are his priority. He took his favored staff members with him there to ease the transition into a new club/country, he took Thiago to have a familiar player with him in his new project. He did it all out of professionalism, not pitying Barcelona or graciously caring about the club with every decision he makes like some cules would want.

So you agree that Pep does not care at all if his decisions weaken Barcelona?

In fact Barcelona are the club he has taken staff, player and tried to break transfer deals in place since he was there.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So you agree that Pep does not care at all if his decisions weaken Barcelona?

In fact Barcelona are the club he has taken staff, player and tried to break transfer deals in place since he was there.

He probably doesn't care much of collateral damage to the club, but he's not specifically trying to weaken Barca. The staff were at the end of their contract, decided to accept Pep's offer to join him at his new club. He didn't unsettle Thiago but after seeing how unhappy he was at the club, Pep decided he was a player that he wanted. As for breaking the Neymar deal, he's even said publicly he didn't say that Tito wouldn't be able to make them work. His decisions don't have to show loyalty to Barcelona, it's just fantasizing to believe that they should.

AvocadoCake

True, but it doesn't reflect well on him. Burning this bridge reminds me a lot of (and I cringe while typing this) Mourinho.

He probably doesn't care much of collateral damage to the club, but he's not specifically trying to weaken Barca. The staff were at the end of their contract, decided to accept Pep's offer to join him at his new club. He didn't unsettle Thiago but after seeing how unhappy he was at the club, Pep decided he was a player that he wanted. As for breaking the Neymar deal, he's even said publicly he didn't say that Tito wouldn't be able to make them work. His decisions don't have to show loyalty to Barcelona, it's just fantasizing to believe that they should.

True, but again the comments about Rosell in New York don't do anything but lower Barcelona's (and inadvertently Pep's) reputations.

Last edited:

Mr Hulot

How can you justify the fact that Pep asked for Neymar and Thiago to be bought? One of them was Barca's main transfer target and the other our most promising player. I really like Pep, but I was never expecting him to try and buy Thiago. I am truly disappointed in him...

JamDav1982

I totally agree that he doesnt care if his decisions cause damage to the club.

Personally I thought he might have had a bit more respect.

Of course he has no obligation to.

He has unsettled Thiago there cant be any denying that. Was he the first to? Who knows maybe but the first twist of chance he has leapt on it to try and take him from Barca.

AvocadoCake

Bayern go out of their way to hinder Dortmund because they see them as a threat, wouldn't shock me if Pep sees Barca as a threat and does the same.

Home of Barca Fans