Paulinho

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
There's no need to over complicate things with elaborate theories of Neymar requesting his buddies, or Bartomeu doing shady deals to advance the cause of his companies in Asia, which may or may not be true.

The simple and readily available explanation is they are utterly incompetent and are poor at player evaluation/team planning.

Iarwain

I actually do think he can bring much needed physicality and muscle in midfield (unlike Gomes and Turan), he might end up being Barca's Casemiro yet.

Still it all depends what is done with the rest of the money this transfer window and how LW is handled.

JamDav1982

what do you mean any amount could be under the table? Few millions won't get them a contract worth few billions. Not sure what's your background, but this is how it works in the far east and many other parts of the world.

They could pocket the full 40m or 5m or 10m. If their intention is to take make money from that deal in relation to outside interests.

When they have almost unlimited funds to pump into their football teams does it make sense for them to take 20/25m to lose their best players who could win a WC next year?

Especially when rules have changed to make it more difficult and expensive to buy in foreign players than in the past.

The benefit on the Chinese side doesnt make much sense to me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
DHDUQ3xXcAA_kMB.jpg:large

DonAK

Neymar can get his loyalty bonus if he's loyal enough to take him from us next year for 40-60m.

Devils

Is there any chance at this point that this wont happen? I tried checking that @godlike97 instagram but it was private. Can anyone confirm that it is real?

I really want to believe it wont happen.

:angry:

DonAK

Is there any chance at this point that this wont happen? I tried checking that @godlike97 instagram but it was private. Can anyone confirm that it is real?

I really want to believe it wont happen.

:angry:

He's released from his team's squad for their game tomorrow.

Raketa10

There's no need to over complicate things with elaborate theories of Neymar requesting his buddies, or Bartomeu doing shady deals to advance the cause of his companies in Asia, which may or may not be true.

The simple and readily available explanation is they are utterly incompetent and are poor at player evaluation/team planning.

I honestly don't believe anyone from world of football is stupid enought to believe Paulinho is player for Barca worth 40 mil. I am 100% sure some people are benefiting from this transfer and this is the main reason. :(

JamDav1982

I honestly don't believe anyone from world of football is stupid enought to believe Paulinho is player for Barca worth 40 mil. I am 100% sure some people are benefiting from this transfer and this is the main reason. :(

Think we get you think that by now.

Repeating the same thing every ten mins pushes the point home.

George_Costanza

They could pocket the full 40m or 5m or 10m. If their intention is to take make money from that deal in relation to outside interests.

When they have almost unlimited funds to pump into their football teams does it make sense for them to take 20/25m to lose their best players who could win a WC next year?

Especially when rules have changed to make it more difficult and expensive to buy in foreign players than in the past.

The benefit on the Chinese side doesnt make much sense to me.

How will the Chinses club benefit if Brazil wins the next WC? This doesn't make sense at all! Also, The owners of the Chinese club are Evergrande Group and Alibaba Group. Like I said, they make smart investments, they don't just throw money without any purpose. Most of those investors don't care about football but they heavily invested in football clubs to get some favorable governmental contract from the government. The Chinses government is encouraging the private sector to invest in sport and football to bid for the WC.

Arkk

yup its just like the Douglas transfer. i bet even Paulinho wondered wtf was going on when he saw we paid his release clause :lol:

5ergio_Busquets

tbh one of Coutinho or Dembele won't be enough, we need them both and with this ridiculous transfer eating 40m into the Neymar money we'll either be lacking a midfielder or a Neymar replacement.

please don't tell me Iniesta will be a starter

I think they have the money to bring both.
Before the Moneymar saga started they wanted to sign Verrati AND Paulinho they offered 100m for Verrati and 20-25m for Paulinho.
Add 222 to that and maybe some money from sold player and thats a lot of money there.
Both Dembele and Coutinho reached the point of no return with their clubs and they did this for Barca, so Barca can't tell them now "sorry you did all this for nothing we now have Paulinho".
The decision to sign Paulinho has been made a long time ago so it's not a sudden movement or a reaction to something, the Paulinho rumors have been there for months so it probably wouldn't have any big effect on other signings.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans