Patson Daka

Porque

It's Yusuf Demir... Of Rapid Vienna.

I went to Vienna once, it felt kind of German. Turns out I ended up being in Munich. It is what it is.

Messi983

It's Yusuf Demir... Of Rapid Vienna.

I went to Vienna once, it felt kind of German. Turns out I ended up being in Munich. It is what it is.

:lol:

BTW, Demir came on with 15 minutes left and scored a goal in a 8-1 win against Wolfsberger. Also had an "assist" for own goal. Overall 4 goals and 3 assists in less than 600 total minutes, mostly of cameo appearances. A top 15 minute midfielder in the world.

Also, nice backheel goal by Taxi driver.

Laplacian

Please get him, please get him, and please get him. Please let this guy be on your radar Barcelona, Mbappe+Patson Daka 2021/2022.

mc_lovin

Not sure if he has the penalty box presence or holdup play of a decent CF (from watching videos), but I am sure he could be a serviceable inverted forward (ala Mane). Thankfully we need both (CF and right footed forward/winger). Would be more than happy with just Garcia and him this window.

Messi983

I mean, coming from the most dominant team in Austrian league (with all respect to them) to a club like Barca is a pretty big jump. He could turn out great but in opposite to Haaland who was also banging goals for Salzburg in the CL he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in European competitions so far. This season 0 goals in 4 CL games and 0 goals in 2 EL games. And last season 1 goal in 6 CL games.

Sure, he could still be worth a risk for 20-30m but from his perspective I think using Leipzig as a stepping stone on his way to a bigger club is a smart decision.

mc_lovin

Hes on the verge of 23 and physically developed.

The jump from small to medium to big leagues is overrated. If hes good enough hes good enough.

BBZ8800

I mean, coming from the most dominant team in Austrian league (with all respect to them) to a club like Barca is a pretty big jump. He could turn out great but in opposite to Haaland who was also banging goals for Salzburg in the CL he hasn't exactly set the world on fire in European competitions so far. This season 0 goals in 4 CL games and 0 goals in 2 EL games. And last season 1 goal in 6 CL games.

Sure, he could still be worth a risk for 20-30m but from his perspective I think using Leipzig as a stepping stone on his way to a bigger club is a smart decision.

Yes.
Croatian league is historically stronger than Austrian and has produced more big names recently like Modric, Kovacic, Mandzukic, Brozovic, Vrsaljko etc.
All of them jumped from Dinamo to Uefa cup teams like Modric-Tottenham, Kovacic-Inter, Mandzukic-Wolfsburg, Brozovic-Inter before moving to Real and Bayern.

On the other hand, some talents who jumped straight into big teams lately were:
Halilovic from Dinamo to Barca
Pjaca from Dinamo to Juventus for more than 20M Euros.
Olmo from Dinamo to Leipzig.
While Olmo is good, he is probably not yet Barca level of good.

Also, we bought a few similar talents like Dembele and Malcom, who were awesome in smaller leagues.
Malcom found his level in Russia, Dembele is struggling to run with the ball without slipping.

The only player who jumped straight from a smaller league is Frenkie, but then, Dutch league is probably 6th or 7th strongest league in Europe, paired with Portuguese league.

I personally had some faith in Marko Pjaca, he looked good in a domestic league and in European games/NT team.
But he still failed when he came to Juve and barely played.

Not a bad player on videos, isn't it?

I am not saying that Patson won't make it, but in this moment he is just a risky talent of Malcom's level for now.

For a reminder, this how Malcom looked like before Barca in a way stronger league than Austria.
Yet, today, he plays in Russia and this season he had 52 shots and scored only 1 goal (even without EV's influence).
Yet, he looked like a bomber 2-3 years ago in a small club where he was the main star:

Andresito

Staff member
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

You don't count Olmo in the same bracket as Modric and the guys?

Leipzig is a great team to move to before switching up. I don't think his transfer should be considered the same as for example Pjaca to Juventus.

And Dembele was pretty good for Dortmund. Played well in their game against Madrid as well. If Barca hadn't picked him up, some other club for sure would have.

Porque

Leipzig confirmed? Liverpool said to be interested at around 35m.

It's risky because there's a fine line between scoring loads because of low quality competition or because you have the talent and mental wise for the elite clubs. But that's for the sporting departments to decipher.

Jovic, Jackson Martinez, Jardel (avoid J basically). J'Afonso Gomez, Juntelaar, Jezman too.

Even Mane went to Southampton prior to Liverpool.

Daka seems has alot more to his game than the above though.

Home of Barca Fans