Out of these under 21 players which one is most likely to win the ballon d'or?

Which one?

• Thiago

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Isco

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • El-Shaarawy

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Veratti

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Gotze

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Neymar

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

Theconomist

These past 2 seasons we've seen an incredible number of players burst in the football scene.
Messi if he continues the way he is going will keep winning the ballon d'or until ''they'' are bored of giving it to him.
Which one of these young players is most likely to win it in the future?

1- Thiago , our beloved, since his injury he hasn't been as dominating but the talent is there, with a decent run of games I'm sure he will get back to his very best (remember that just last year Man United were going to bid 20 million for him: he was 20.)

2-Isco, burst out on the scene this past year and as usual the ones following him said he's always been a amazing.

3- El Shaarawy, what else is there to say? 20 year old, serie A top scorer, the finishing of RvP , the vision of Falcao and the skills of Ibrahimovich (I'm overpraising him a bit but he is very very good).

4-Marco Veratti, Better than Pirlo at his age, if there is one player that could replace Xavi then it's him. He has been used too much by Ancelotti and is suffering from fatigue but after the break expect him to come back with a bang.

5-Gotze, the german wunderkid, no need to praise him, everyone knows what he is capable of.

6-Neymar - nothing needs to be said

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I have to say Neymar. The most talented of any of these players in my eyes, with the largest potential.

However, if we were to pick these six for Ballon D'Or right now, my list would go like this.
1. Gotze
2. Isco
3. Neymar
4. El Shaarawy (would be higher if he didn't start playing like this only since August)
5. Thiago
6. Veratti

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If you were to take into account that the ballon d'or often goes to the more attack minded players i would say the list goes like

1. El Sharaawy- that kid is an amazing goalscorer AND he plays in europe. He's never going to be Messi-prolific but is likely to win the ballon d'or
2. Gotze- Amazing player who is a future dortmund and germany legend. (he would be higher but once again, attackers are favored in the ballon d'or race)
3. Isco- Just won the golden boy award and is doing amazing with malaga. Amazing at dribbling, passing, and has bucketloads of creativity. As he matures and improves his finishing ability with decision making he could be the next great false 9 in the world. Looks set to lead La Roja to another golden generation.
4. Neymar- Possibility of being a great player but still overhyped and unlikely candidate for ballon d'or unless he performs miraculously
5. Thiago- I would put Thiago higher but center mids are frequently overlooked for the ballon d'or and its not going to stop now. He's basically a Xavidinho
6. Veratti- seems to be the kind of player who will be underrated for his entire career and overlooked a lot but he still is a great prospect and will do great things for both club and country. He's like a mix of Alonso and Pirlo in my opinion.

Although if Deulofeu plays to his potential he will surpass almost every single one of these players. He really is a talent that comes along once in a generation.

Theconomist

If you were to take into account that the ballon d'or often goes to the more attack minded players i would say the list goes like

1. El Sharaawy- that kid is an amazing goalscorer AND he plays in europe. He's never going to be Messi-prolific but is likely to win the ballon d'or
2. Gotze- Amazing player who is a future dortmund and germany legend. (he would be higher but once again, attackers are favored in the ballon d'or race)
3. Isco- Just won the golden boy award and is doing amazing with malaga. Amazing at dribbling, passing, and has bucketloads of creativity. As he matures and improves his finishing ability with decision making he could be the next great false 9 in the world. Looks set to lead La Roja to another golden generation.
4. Neymar- Possibility of being a great player but still overhyped and unlikely candidate for ballon d'or unless he performs miraculously
5. Thiago- I would put Thiago higher but center mids are frequently overlooked for the ballon d'or and its not going to stop now. He's basically a Xavidinho
6. Veratti- seems to be the kind of player who will be underrated for his entire career and overlooked a lot but he still is a great prospect and will do great things for both club and country. He's like a mix of Alonso and Pirlo in my opinion.

Although if Deulofeu plays to his potential he will surpass almost every single one of these players. He really is a talent that comes along once in a generation.

I rate Deulofeu very highly but right now a lot of players that are in the same age bracket and even younger are better than him.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I rate Deulofeu very highly but right now a lot of players that are in the same age bracket and even younger are better than him.

Most of the players who have ever been rated as highly as him have all dropped at one time or another. Very few have been consistantly phenomenal for this long. Plus he has the physicality and the confidence to succeed even on the highest stage. All the "wonderkids" out there drop because they don't really play for great youth teams or in strong leagues so they lose the ability they were shown to have. Even at barcelona there are many players who were predicted to be amazing before they reached the b team and started to get worse when they did reach it. The difference between them and Deulo is that he's gotten BETTER at every level he's been tested at. He's still very raw so expect huge improvements from him. He's lucky enough to have his amazing talent nurtured by the best youth system in the world to make sure that he does succeed.

Theconomist

Most of the players who have ever been rated as highly as him have all dropped at one time or another. Very few have been consistantly phenomenal for this long. Plus he has the physicality and the confidence to succeed even on the highest stage. All the "wonderkids" out there drop because they don't really play for great youth teams or in strong leagues so they lose the ability they were shown to have. Even at barcelona there are many players who were predicted to be amazing before they reached the b team and started to get worse when they did reach it. The difference between them and Deulo is that he's gotten BETTER at every level he's been tested at. He's still very raw so expect huge improvements from him. He's lucky enough to have his amazing talent nurtured by the best youth system in the world to make sure that he does succeed.

Hachim Mastour.

Deulofeu is great don't get me wrong, like you said let's just wait and see if he makes it.

After Bojan I don't like talking about la masia kids.

Trickykid

Hachim Mastour.

Deulofeu is great don't get me wrong, like you said let's just wait and see if he makes it.

After Bojan I don't like talking about la masia kids.

What's the difference between the two? Just like this Mastour kid, Bojan was also setting the world alight in the youth divisions. He got promoted too early and his development was stunted. What makes you think Mastour will make it? He's 15 bloody years old for crying out loud. Way, way, WAY too early to start predicting at that stage.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What's the difference between the two? Just like this Mastour kid, Bojan was also setting the world alight in the youth divisions. He got promoted too early and his development was stunted. What makes you think Mastour will make it? He's 15 bloody years old for crying out loud. Way, way, WAY too early to start predicting at that stage.

I agree. When the player is younger than 18 you can only predict whether or not they have the capability to be special. When they reach 18-19, thats when you can really predict if they will be great or not.

The difference between Deulofeu and players like that is that he's tearing it up in the Liga Adelante which is one step less than the top division. Most other players are just doing it in youth divisions or extremely weak leagues

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Neymar has the potential to win the most I guess. If he fulfills his potential to the fullest. But right now I voted Gotze. Best atm in my opinion.

Home of Barca Fans