Ousmane Dembélé

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
remember when people were actually arguing the team is better without him and he should leave without a better replacement? yeah good times.

JohnN

remember when people were actually arguing the team is better without him and he should leave without a better replacement? yeah good times.

I am sure the team would find a way to lose even if he played. Or he would find a way to miss empty net goals.
Still, all this is speculation, we will never know because he is always injured.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I am sure the team would find a way to lose even if he played. Or he would find a way to miss empty net goals.
Still, all this is speculation, we will never know because he is always injured.

if you don't see what he offers and what he does to teams (especially teams like united who leave a lot of space) then i cant help you. Him being on the pitch and doing nothing at all shifts the entire dynamic of the game.

JohnN

if you don't see what he offers and what he does to teams (especially teams like united who leave a lot of space) then i cant help you. Him being on the pitch and doing nothing at all shifts the entire dynamic of the game.

I do see it clearly. He is the most menacing player. Not so much end product, but he terrorizes defenders. But has never been available when needed.

I still prefer him out. What he offers is crazy amount of injuries and a tiny bit of performance on the pitch. Shines in 2 or 3 games, fucks up in 3-4 but badly with his nonsense "just hit the ball with power" shoots and than we have him again injured. Fuck him, he's ALLREADY 25 and til now he had more days on the stands than on the pitch and I can't, I really and ABSOLUTELY CAN'T believe that he can stay fit longer than 2-3 months or so without some big, long injury. He is not a player you can rely on!

serghei

Even if we might disagree whether he is world class or not (imo, still no), Dembele is clearly our best forward. That much is clear imo.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
No excuses but we would have been through if he didnt get injured. Completely lacking with real danger without him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Out of our four wingers he's the only one who we can actually count on dribbling past a player that's mid-level or above.

Ferran, Raphinha and Ansu if you want to count him cannot dribble past anyone unless that player is Segunda level. It's wild in 2023.

Even if we might disagree whether he is world class or not (imo, still no), Dembele is clearly our best forward. That much is clear imo.

That maybe, but also his injuries where the team stays without him for a long period of time. So you can't realy rely on him.

No excuses but we would have been through if he didnt get injured. Completely lacking with real danger without him.

Fun fact, he gets injured, and it happens very much often and often for a long period of time and because of that you can't say "...if he didnt get injured. Completely lacking with real danger without him."
The team just can't rely on him, just as we can't rely on Torres.
Even if he gets well fast now, the magic question is, when will we hold our heads next time and wait to see how long he is out and how many games he will miss?

DonAK

I would renew Dembele unless he demands something wild like 30m per year.

But they have to sign a couple of quick wingers who can actually beat their man 1v1.

Richard.H

I would renew Dembele unless he demands something wild like 30m per year.

But they have to sign a couple of quick wingers who can actually beat their man 1v1.

1. Wingers that are fast and can beat their man
2. Wingers that can keep the ball
3. Wingers that are under 50 mio that can provide maybe 1 of the 2 above

Pick one

DonAK

1. Wingers that are fast and can beat their man
2. Wingers that can keep the ball
3. Wingers that are under 50 mio that can provide maybe 1 of the 2 above

Pick one

Other teams seemingly have no problem finding them for 50m and under.

I have no problem with a winger losing the ball if he's actually dangerous and constantly doing something.

Home of Barca Fans