Ousmane Dembélé

vegitot

Deschamps neutered Dembele. He looked like a scared player. It's just not how Dembele should play. Doesn't fit him. He is not a strong defensive player, so he shouldn't play role like that.

Mistake from Deschamps. Imo.

Dembele must hate playing for France. Barca he plays with confidence and he has freedom to do things which make him good. This was waste of him.

Basically he was just used as a scare of his speed in counter.

Leave Dembele vs DiMaria like that.. big mistake too.

Not sure cross and pray are the way to go when you have someone like Mbappe.

Windhook

Dembouz is not cut out for the big games. I wonder if he realized yesterday the importance of the match or thought this is another friendly World Cup match with Australia.

slicknick

better talent than mbappe...

And what?s the point if he cannot use it? He has been showing only flashes of brilliance once every blue moon, only to completely disappear into oblivion in the rest of the season.
Alvaro Recoba has better talent than Shevchenko or Henry. Did that take him far?
Shame that Barto&co paid him so much that we cannot even release him (and not even sure anyone want to buy him from us)

Last edited:

slicknick

Deschamps neutered Dembele. He looked like a scared player. It's just not how Dembele should play. Doesn't fit him. He is not a strong defensive player, so he shouldn't play role like that. too.
Perhaps partially, though I fear Dembouz?s problems may be running deeper than Deschamps

FinBarcelonafan

Perhaps partially, though I fear Dembouz?s problems may be running deeper than Deschamps

Sure but Dembele looks better for Barcelona, because he has license to do things.

But he ain't truly elite player, on scale of Mbappe, Benzema, Lewy, Vini etc etc. He lacks killer attitude and is too soft.

JohnN

Do we keep Dembele? We know he is one of our best and dangerous players this season, but always underperforms (delivers disasterclasses) in important games. We also have Raphinha for the same position, even though he hasn't been as good.
On the other hand, it's not like we are currently challengers for a CL or anything like that so Dembele might just be enough. But at what cost?

Rory

Losing Dembele will hurt short-term, but we aren't going anywhere with him anyway.

I also trust Raphina a lot more.

What have you seen from Raphinha to make you trust him more? Genuinely interested. I've found him to be far too predictable, a bit slow moving for a winger and seems low on confidence. Dembele on the other hand is still the same Dembele, hot and cold, moments of genius and pure stupidity. I'm not too bothered with Dembele leaving but from what I've seen from Raphinha I don't think he's enough to cement that RW spot.

Porque

We keep Dembele if his wage fits in the cap.

But our left side is unbalanced. What if we lost Dembele to have Marcus Thuram on the left wing?

Same can be said for Raphinha really. That left side is an absolute enigma right now.

Home of Barca Fans