Ousmane Dembélé

Birdy

Pep played Silva as right forward recently. Someone with his skill can play multiple positions although I think he's still best as AM. But I do know a front three of Fati, Auba, Silva would create some real magic.

Didn't say he isn't skillful, I said he is not a winger.

Pep played Bernando as RW, which is more like RM in his system, in the past,
this year he has featured 90% of the time next to Rodri as CDM.
But even if was playing Bernando RW, it wouldn't prove anything: the way Pep plays the last 2 years -> he plays with no wingers nor forwards (unless Jesus plays)-> his best XI features only AMs in attack, and in the wide positions he plays Foden and Mahrez.

We are not City, Xavi doesn't set up us like City (thank God), we don't even have the quality in md to play like City with only CMs and AMs, even if we wanted to...

Look at Portugal NT, where Santos tries using Bernardo as RW, how narrow they are, how predictable he is starting from there and pretending to be a winger.
Day and night compared to City

When Barcelona were at its best they had "wingers" like Pedro, Villa and Sanchez, and then a couple of fast youngsters who could play now and then. These wingers might be decently fast, and Sanchez could dribble, but they aimed for a success rate of at least 80% in anything they did. They were patient and good.

All of Pedro, Villa, Sanchez were ten times faster than Bernando, much more aggressive and intense in pressing,
and would always maintain their position as wide as possible on the pitch.

Hence, no comparison really between this group (despite not having Dembele's dribbling ability) and Bernando
Bernando is a WC AM or CM at best. Any other position for him kills his team and his abilities

You want Barca to play exactly in the failed way we played under Ernie, Setien, and Koeman,
with Messi Griezzy and Cou as 'wingers' who were never wingers, never threaten (apart from MEssi),
would drift centrally overcrowd the middle of the pitch, and made us so predictable and benign in attack.
But yeah... They had over 80% passing rate :lol:

Thank God Xavi sees football completely different and wants actual wingers who can threaten and not safe-pass merchants

Last edited:

krakdol

On whoscored Vinicius is 7.58, Dembele is 7.52, so pretty close.

Dembele has 13 assists in 15 starts though while missing 16 games, so a lot better than Vinicius (10 in 29 starts, so not even half Dembele's assist rate). He scores a lot more though, obviously. But he benefits immensely of playing in a much better team in Madrid.

Like I said, pretty close. All things equal, Dembele is probably the better player, but he'll need to play in a better team.

Laplacian

Dembele has 13 assists in 15 starts though while missing 16 games, so a lot better than Vinicius (10 in 29 starts, so not even half Dembele's assist rate). He scores a lot more though, obviously. But he benefits immensely of playing in a much better team in Madrid.

Like I said, pretty close. All things equal, Dembele is probably the better player, but he'll need to play in a better team.

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Their whoscored ratings are close, so they're close in talent."

Holy fuck spreadsheet enthusiasts are insane :lol:

Bernardo Silva's average whoscored ratings are lower than Dembele's, so I'm assuming you think Dembele's a better player.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Fucking hell your post made my night

CatalinR10

shameless post.

Temptation

On WhoScored Messi is the 3rd best player itw this season only behind Lewandowski and Mbappe, ahead of Benzema and Salah. You figure it out. :lol:

Birdy

Bernardo Silva's average whoscored ratings are lower than Dembele's, so I'm assuming you think Dembele's a better player.

Oh yeah?
Let's see some real stats then, which are indisputable

Assists/90 min
Dembele: 0.82
Mbape: 0.47
Vinicius: 0.32
Bernardo: 0.12

xA/90 min
Dembele: 0.52
Mbape: 0.33
Vinicius: 0.27
Bernardo: 0.17

non-penGoals +Assists /90 min
Mbape: 1.2
Dembele: 0.95
Vinicius: 0.88
Bernardo: 0.44

Goal-Creating Actions/90 min
Dembele: 1.05
Mbape: 1.04
Vinicius: 0.87
Bernardo: 0.43

LMAOOOOOOOOL:lol:
You are such a sore loser when it comes to Dembele

Catta

On WhoScored Messi is the 3rd best player itw this season only behind Lewandowski and Mbappe, ahead of Benzema and Salah. You figure it out. :lol:

You must have had a hard time from 2009 till 2019, when Messi was a couple of levels above any other player. After more than 10 years of watching him dominate, you finally got a chance to shit on him.

I'm glad he declined, if he stayed on his level longer, who knows what would have been with you. Mental asylum most likely.

CatalinR10

stop shitting on Barcelona team / players / ex players / ex legends / ex coaches / etc , hourly.

why are you even here on a Barcelona forum 24/7 if you don't even like anything related to Barcelona ?

you already have a banned account so you made another one and have towards 2000 posts in less than 2 months ?

do you have a life / job / hobbies ?

Last edited:

krakdol

Don't panic like that because someone disagrees with you, it's bad for your health. :lol:

Advanced stats also favor Dembele, like it was just said.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Vinicius makes more assists this season than Dembele over his Barcelona career, without crossing or losing the ball as much.

This is false, and you know it. Surprisingly Dembele has a better dribbling success ratio than Vini (63.3% to 44.9%), and also receives the ball better (85.3% to 82.6%) though I don't really get this stat.

He is on 73,0% pass completion this season. Depay numbers. 77,4% over his Barcelona career.
Compare to the champions Real Madrid and no player who played more than four games are under 81% pass completion over this season.

This also doesn't paint the full story as the main reason for his 73% is long passes, for example, Kevin De Bryne has a pass completion rate of 75.6% so does that make KdB a bad player (we all know the answer to that). So Vini makes around 2 long passes per 90 minutes with 70% accuracy, Dembele makes 8 with 47% accuracy and KdB makes 11 with 57% accuracy so you get a clearer picture, notwithstanding, Dembele still makes some funny blunders though.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans