Ousmane Dembélé

Bobo32

You are counting Fati and Braithwaite who have played like 400 minutes each. Ever heard of sample size?

The only attacker who has a large enough sample size to qualify for any comparison would be Auba. So in my view he's 2nd.

You don't ever see any chart or data collection where players with 2 starts are in the player pool, for obvious reasons.

No Braithwaite has only played 251 minutes (unfortunately) and could be disqualified in a comparison for these reasons.
Fati has played for 516 minutes, but is on the same G+A as last year when he played as many minutes.

If you want a larger sample size for Dembele than this season, then all his numbers will decrease. A portion of the 13 assists this season could be explained away with variance, you have to go back 3 years and over 5500 minutes for him to have made another 13 assists.

El Gato

Villarato!
Helena Condis saying he's willing to negotiate and take less in wages now

Looks like he overplayed his card and found himself in Ramos situation

feggydinho

In G+A/minute he is fourth in the team, below Braithwaite, Fati and Aubameyang who are all at around 1 goal or assist per 90 minutes. Dembele is at 0,71 slightly higher than Luuk at 0,68 and Ferran at 0,64.

None of Braithwaite, Fati, Aubameyang, Luuk or Ferran have been close to miss more passes than they succeeded with in one game. Dembele actually did just the other game. He is lower in passing percentage than all of the players mentioned over the season.
Dembele shoots 19% of his shots on target. Luuk and Fati are the two players who actually shoots more often than him, but their shots are on target double the time (and they score seven or ten times as much)

If the other attackers allowed themselves to fail as often as Dembele does, they would create more chances than they do too, but the team would be worse for it.

I don't still see them creating as much as Dembele does even if they allowed themselves to fail often, I mean look at this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up1KYM3rRiw
You can't teach those skills or pace to create space and chances, and 8 minute of that clip is all this season so it's safe to say he creates better chances than Auba, Luuk, Ferran and most of our other forwards. He still has his obvious vices though (finishing and all) but we can agree on him being good at creating chances.

Last edited:

Bobo32

I don't still see them creating as much as Dembele does even if they allowed themselves to fail often, I mean look at this clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up1KYM3rRiw
You can't teach those skills or pace to create space and chances, and 8 minute of that clip is all this season so it's safe to say he creates better chances than Auba, Luuk, Ferran and most of our other forwards. He still has his obvious vices though (finishing and all) but we can agree on him being good at creating chances.

You know I watched all the games this season, I have a pretty good idea of how he has played.
The clip was a bit shit, it included too many dribbles and passes cut early (because he probably lost the ball), and other times it was really just him moving backwards, defenders getting him where they wanted him.

It is true that you can't teach his sort of pace, and he is a decent dribbler in isolation. I say he has played like shit this season though, despite making three times as many assists as he is used to do, and despite the 8 minute clip of the times he didn't fail this season (although there was some failing in the clip too).

Porque

There was an article in MD yesterday about Aubameyang, saying he is 1 goal away from equalling Zigic record (13) which is the most goals for a winter market signing.

I think it emphasises a key point in making successful winter signings. Reunite a previously successful partnership (Munitis-Zigic, Auba-Dembele) and let them exploit that connection.

So for that I commend Dembele and Alemanys judgement. They served their purpose and we have seemingly convincingly reached our goals.

But for the next step we need to look and aim here then both. If Dembele fires Moussa ScissorCo and re-signs for a lower wage though, then let's go.

vuji_31

He have 14 assists it could be easily 25+ if he was not injured.

You can't deny it.

Even if it is assist like Busqets did to Messi against RM in CL, it still counts.

I like crossing in this Barca team, RM won 5 cl titles just because of this superioroty.

Horatio

You're welcome

You can't deny it.

Even if it is assist like Busqets did to Messi against RM in CL, it still counts.

I like crossing in this Barca team, RM won 5 cl titles just because of this superioroty.

Also add some assists if Ferran had better finishing.

Bobo32

You can't deny it.

Busquets to Messi was brilliant, an assist that Dembele would never do.

Dembele is on 13 assists according to fbref. Jordi Alba is on 12, but scored once more than Dembele.

It is true that Dembele only played around half the minutes this season, but it would make sense that he'd regress to his mean when playing more minutes, last season he registered 5 assists playing 2700 minutes, the season before that 0 assists, and then 7 and 8 respectively the seasons before that.

He is on 0,34 assists per game over his Barcelona career, which is a very decent number in isolation. He is on 0,61 this season which is an outlier compared to previous seasons.
He is on 73,0% pass completion this season. Depay numbers. 77,4% over his Barcelona career.
Compare to the champions Real Madrid and no player who played more than four games are under 81% pass completion over this season. Benzema has a better assist per game this season compared to Dembeles overall number, Marcelo too, Vinicius Junior is on 0,32 so similar.

Also add some assists if Ferran had better finishing.
Ferrans finishing is much superior to Dembeles at least. Maybe if Dembele was able to finish as well as make good runs, Ferran Torres would be on 13 assists.

Home of Barca Fans