Ousmane Dembélé

Potroh

We don't need Griezmann if he is going to play on wings, what we need is a no. 9.

If Barca wants Griezmann to play as a winger, then the team is doomed.
He will be even worse than Coutinho. He is anything but a winger...

If Suarez remains the no.9 a true winger is needed.

Edit: Otherwise BBZ is mistaken about the role of No.9 as a winning factor, the contemporary tendencies are going to the opposite direction.
Liverpool plays without a true no.9 and they could be quite successful.

Last edited:

Donatello

An interesting question:

People here are saying that EV is an idiot for playing:
Griezmann-Suarez-Messi, and that a WAAAAAY BETTER (and the most logical) option would be:
Dembele-Griezmann as a Cf-Messi

Then, WHY is Deschamps doing the same:
He could have played:
Dembele-Griezmann as a Cf-Mbappe, which is more or less the same as Dembele-Griezmann-Messi at Barca.
Yet, a stupid Deschamps picked exactly the same attacking combination with:
Griezmann-Giroud (similar to Suarez) as a Cf-Mbappe

My point:
When a season will start and when EV will play Griezmann-Suarez-Messi, people will say that EV is an idiot for not playing "an obvious" combination: Dembele-Griezmann-Messi.
And yet, Deschamps is doing the same with rather benching Dembele than losing a No9 who can't do too much (Giroud).

So, a question is:
1. 2 Dembele's coaches are benching him for a true No9 in attack
2. Barcaforum's experts have a different "obvious pick"

Which one is more likely:
1. EV and Deschamps are both idiots
2. Barcaforum is biased and would just try to squeeze Dembele into any lineup
:sherlock:

We don't need Griezmann if he is going to play on wings, what we need is a no. 9. Even if Griezmann plays on expense of Dembele, we would still be short of a reliable no. 9.

They shouldn't have signed Griezmann in the first place, if he can't play as a no. 9, we need someone to replace Suarez, left and right flank should be left alone for Messi, Dembele, Coutinho, Malcom.

You're creating an even bigger mess, if you replace Dembele with Griezmann and have an aging Suárez upfront. First, Suárez is no longer able to keep up for whole season, second, you're unsettling Dembele (& possibly Coutinho as well) in the process. Third, you have a very slow front 3.

It only makes sense if Griezmann plays as a no. 9, but as you said, he needs a striker upfront. That's why I don't fancy him here.

feggydinho

I started rewatching Dembele at dortmund again, and I wish he went to another club, he was on another level at Dortmund(magical and all that). If he needs to leave to rediscover that form, then I hope he does, so interesting to watch when performing at full force.

wisconsincule

I started rewatching Dembele at dortmund again, and I wish he went to another club, he was on another level at Dortmund(magical and all that). If he needs to leave to rediscover that form, then I hope he does, so interesting to watch when performing at full force.

????? Why can’t he do that here? What the fuck??

Acnologia

Yes I’m dumb for having faith in one of our most promising players. Go support another club.

WTF is wrong with you? I literally just said that he wont play as good as he did at Dortmund under Valverde. Valverde is the reason why he is not developing. At Dortmund he was better than Sane and was on the same levele as Mbappe but now he is not even better than Sancho. I apologize if you felt disrespected

Last edited:

wisconsincule

WTF is wrong with you? I literally just said that he wont play as good as he did at Dortmund under Valverde. Valverde is the reason why he is not developing. At Dortmund he was better than Sane and was on the same levele as Mbappe but now he is not even better than Sancho. I apologize if you felt disrespected

Dembele is the one who is constantly disrespected around here and it’s pathetic. The dude when fit is one of our best players after Messi. I agree that Valverde doesn’t help his cause but anytime he started to gain steam he got injured. Messi and Suarez will be gone sooner than we all want and we need young promising players to take their spot. We sell Dembele and then have to spend 100+ million on the next Dembele.

Acnologia

Dembele is the one who is constantly disrespected around here and it’s pathetic. The dude when fit is one of our best players after Messi. I agree that Valverde doesn’t help his cause but anytime he started to gain steam he got injured. Messi and Suarez will be gone sooner than we all want and we need young promising players to take their spot. We sell Dembele and then have to spend 100+ million on the next Dembele.

Dembele is being constantly disrespected because he has been a flop since he arrived here. We paid over 90 million plus 45 million in addons, can you really say he has justified his price tag? I am sorry for you dembele fans because the only way he can revived his career is if he leaves Barca this summer.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Dembele is being constantly disrespected because he has been a flop since he arrived here. We paid over 90 million plus 45 million in addons, can you really say he has justified his price tag? I am sorry for you dembele fans because the only way he can revived his career is if he leaves Barca this summer.

or you know... we get a competent manager that plays decent football (and has balls), but that's asking too much from a winnow like Barca.

wisconsincule

Once again. Who do you replace him with? No one can give me a name besides Neymar or Everton.

I defend Dembele because he isn’t going anywhere and there are no realistic talents that are 22 who can replace him.

EdmondDantes

????? Why can’t he do that here? What the fuck??

Bundesliga is nowhere near as strong as it was, say, 5 years ago. Hence we're seeing young players doing so well there.

Look at Lookman, he was like 17, on loan from Everton an absolutely tore it up for Leipzig. He then went back to the Premier League and couldn't get a game, and when he did, he looked poor.

Sancho, couldn't get a game at City, went to Germany, bossed it from day one.

Whilst Bundesliga can't compete with the Premier League, La Liga and even Serie A any more, it's now the perfect league for young, talented players to develop. Dembele was very much part of that, and if anything, he would have been better off staying another season. Especially since having Valverde as a coach doesn't do him any favours.

feggydinho

Bundesliga is nowhere near as strong as it was, say, 5 years ago. Hence we're seeing young players doing so well there.

Look at Lookman, he was like 17, on loan from Everton an absolutely tore it up for Leipzig. He then went back to the Premier League and couldn't get a game, and when he did, he looked poor.

Sancho, couldn't get a game at City, went to Germany, bossed it from day one.

Whilst Bundesliga can't compete with the Premier League, La Liga and even Serie A any more, it's now the perfect league for young, talented players to develop. Dembele was very much part of that, and if anything, he would have been better off staying another season. Especially since having Valverde as a coach doesn't do him any favours.
I don't think it's really about the league, because Coutinho was really impressive in premier league before performing poorly under Valverde. Meanwhile Guardiola tried all he could to make Sancho stay (by making him the highest paid amongst reserves) but he declined, so the Sancho's potential was always there.

Dembele is better at rw,but is mostly played at lw here, though I know he has his shortcomings but this is playing to his weakness.

Home of Barca Fans