Ousmane Dembélé

JohnN

Maybe his full potential is this:
Play for a month
Make a good run past a couple of players for 1 game.
Make a good through ball in another game.
Score a goal at some point.
Misplace 50% of passes
Miscontroll 50% of easy balls
Get injured for 2 months.
Repeat.

FinBarcelonafan

Play for a month
Misplace 50% of passes
Repeat.

Yes. This is probably the end of him. Hard to expect him to come back. He doesn't have the same mindset as Rafinha for example.

JohnN

Yes. This is probably the end of him. Hard to expect him to come back. He doesn't have the same mindset as Rafinha for example.

On top of that apart from his amazing pace, he doesn't seem to have the talent too. Only if Rafinha had his pace and wasn't made of glass...

MagIX

Play for a month
Misplace 50% of passes
Repeat.

You know, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
But many perceive these 2 moments as an indication of the potential of a new Pelé.

Last edited:

clemente

Barto offered him 11m/year, can't even finish 1v1 vs Liverpool and is injured 70% of the season.
Barto is paying 27m/year to Valverde.
But the reitrement home cunts socis didn't want to vote him out.

Neyback19

Banned
We spent 140 fucking million on an overhyped Yannick Bolasie who's more injury prone than Vermaelen. Swap for Neymar asap. He'll be at a lower level English team in a few years

wisconsincule

I can’t defend him anymore. I had such high hopes for this season too.

Utterly gutted right now.

And now we have zero pace on our wings. This season is going to be such a drag. Something it shouldn’t be when we have the best player to ever play the game. FUCK

Devils

Is Gundogan better than at Dortmund?
Is Aguero better than before?
Scored 32 and 30 goals under Pep per season.
Scored 33, 32 and 29 in 3 seasons before Pep.
Mahrez, won a title with a crappy Leicester, scoring 17 goals.
How on Earth has he improved under Pep?

Btw, one more interesting thing: Pep is buying majority of his players.
So, he is usually buying YOUNG players and who fit a needed profile.

Yet, at Barca, a board and a sporting director is picking Dembeles, Malcoms and similar.
If a manager is picking players for transfers, it is less likely that they will flop.

Imagine if Pep came here and Barca randomly sign Neymar, Dembele and Malcom while he asked for let's say Rodri.

Again, EV sucks.
But you guys are mulitplying it for 10 times.

Interesting that both 2 best coaches in the world: Pep and Klopp are in EPL.
And they are both allowed to BUY players whom they want.
Also, majority of their core players are YOUNG players whom THEY picked.
So, players are:
1. young
2. have potential
3. have a perfect profile

Klopp bought:
2015:
24 years old Firmino
2016:
24 years old Mane
26 years old Wijnaldum
2017:
25 years old Salah
23 years old Robertson
27 years old Van Dijk

So:
1. he is picking players for his system
2. he is buying young players, but not too young, like Barca: Dembele 20, Malcom 21 etc.
He is buying more in a range of 23-26 years.

At Barca, EV doesn't know whether we will lose Dembele, Coutinho, Raki, Vidal or Semedo in order to get Neymar, whom nobody wants except Barto.
Again, EV sucks.
But don't you think that it is the same to work and build a team at Barca where Barto is buying random Galactico signings (and Robert is buying crappy 22 year olds from Valencia), or at City and Liverpool where you can buy whom you want and you get a 3-4-5 years long contract?

-Those players have all improved under Pep - They won the titles back to back and completed a domestic treble. The best in their history and Aguero's goals were key for that. Also his scoring against big teams improved under Pep as well.
-Gundogan was considered finished after his back injury at Dortmund but Pep made him a key player at City.
-Mahrez was good last season, but it's still a bit early to judge on him. But you know what, if I were a betting man I would bet that he would continue to improve this season as well.

How about you PROVE IT that Valverde has no say in those transfer and he is just being dealt players.
-PROVE IT that Valverde doesn't know which players are coming and going.
-PROVE IT that Pep and Klopp are allowed to buy who they please.

All you do is victimize your darling Valverde every chance you get but that's not to be unexpected seeing as you said he would go down as one of the greatest Barca coaches of all time just prior to Ainfield.

Klopp didn't buy Firmino btw. Rodgers did and played him as a winger/wingback. Klopp turned him into one of the best CFs in the world.

BTW you know Pep was a manager at Barca right and he got every player he ASKED for. Lucho also got all the signings that he ASKED for.

Kind of funny that all of sudden this changed for Valverde who apparently has no say in who to buy and is stuck being dealt horrible players by the horrible sporting directors.

Keep victimizing him though.

Last edited:
Play for a month
Misplace 50% of passes
Repeat.
Are you stupid or what, it's his fault if he's hurt?

Lol

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The smart to do would have been to offer OD + cash for Neymar and use some of the money saved on a backup winger that's talented like Steve Bergwijn.

Sad to say, but I had a feeling something like this would happen.

I loved seeing him develop at Rennes and Borussia Dortmund and was a big fan of him as you can see from my first posts in this thread, but I gave up on him months ago.

I just don't think he's serious enough about his football career. A poor diet and lifestyle probably caused some of these issues. Maybe a few years forward he'll realize what he need to do to play to his potential, but when or if that happens, it will be at a different club.

El Gato

Villarato!
I can’t defend him anymore. I had such high hopes for this season too.

Utterly gutted right now.

And now we have zero pace on our wings. This season is going to be such a drag. Something it shouldn’t be when we have the best player to ever play the game. FUCK

He's out for under 2 months. Chill.

That being said, it would have been useful to have a Malcom right now.

JohnN

Are you stupid or what, it's his fault if he's hurt?

Lol

Can you highlight the part of my post that says it is his fault that he gets injured all the time?
Have you seen anything other than what I described the last 2 years? Please elaborate some more though, not just an insulting one liner.

soul24rage

He's out for under 2 months. Chill.

That being said, it would have been useful to have a Malcom right now.

The first time he was out, we were disappointed but chill.

We would have assumed that he would take care of his body better.

However, when the same thing keeps happening over and over again, enough is enough.

And you're right, Malcom would have been useful to us now.

Devils

Prediction:

-Valverde will play 4-4-2
-We'll win a few games using that formation for a few weeks
-That will change once Suarez/Dembele gets back
-We'll eventually lose the La Liga and get humiliated in the CL
-EV stands on this place willl say "b-b-b-but EV was forced to change the 4-4-2 formation that was working so well earlier on in this season and we would have won the league and CL if Dembele just stayed injured"

Quote me.

Home of Barca Fans