Ousmane Dembélé

malvolio

Barca know that the winger wants to continue, but that his agent is brainwashing him, assuring him that leaving Barca would be the best because elsewhere he would earn more money. [md]

How can you brainwash someone who has no brain? :thinking: Joking aside this can't be true, when Demebele wants something he will get it regardless of the consequences. He already showed that when he was leaving Borussia and Rennes. If he wants to stay he will stay. This claim about his agent is a pure bullshit.

Rennes->Dortmund and Dortmund->Barca are not good examples. Because in both cases the agent and Dembele profited from the move.

But I don't think it's the agent holding up talks with Barca. It is the logical thing for him IMO - leaving the club on a free that is. He'll get more money elsewhere and that is a fact.

Kul_z

Warmonger has arrived. Our anger could move mountains. Contract renewal is on hold because fc barcelona doesnt agree with declaring war on all fronts, club thinks that mes que un club stands for fairplay, respect and mercy. Dembouz is only out for blood, annihilation and destruction. Let god have mercy on their souls, because dembouz wont.

Birdy

Well dribbling is a fairly broad term, I think his dribbling is incredibly inconsistent and only effective in particular situations compared to lets say someone with better ball control eg Messi

Secondly natural talent alone isn't enough to be a successful a football player and that's kind of his issue, him not being professional enough, mid-low tier coaches during his development and several long term injuries has really set him back. We just need to look at someone like hatem ben arfa who was amazingly talented but wasted it.

For me his biggest issue is the reading of the game, he just doesnt know what to do and when to do it and a big part of the lack of development in that area is due to factors mentioned above. I've already said for the money we will not be able to replace him, but like you id rather him leave if we're going to be appointing more mediocre mangers instead of lets say a Ten Hag

About the 1st, I don't agree.
When he is in the 99th percentile of successful dribbles in the league in 20/21, you can't argue that he is inconsistent.
Maybe you don't like his style of dribbling, maybe you prefer MEssi-esque type, that's fine, but that's a rather subjective standard, and IMO it hinges more on aesthetics than something that can be quantified and measured.

About the 2nd, I agree of course.
and I don't think the few ones of us who defended him implied that his talent is enough, w/o work to improve on every aspect of the game.

But, on the other hand, I don't think that he deserves all the piss and vinegar coming from many (and most here).
He didn't have the right guidance from the club on different levels, most notably the physical and medical preparation which resulted in his constant injuries, but many others as well,
for instance tactical awareness that you mention at the end, the blame is mostly on the managers that coached him

Mateka

Barcelona have told French winger Ousmane Dembele, 24, he has one month to accept their latest offer to extend his contract, which expires next summer. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

vegitot

About the 1st, I don't agree.
When he is in the 99th percentile of successful dribbles in the league in 20/21, you can't argue that he is inconsistent.
Maybe you don't like his style of dribbling, maybe you prefer MEssi-esque type, that's fine, but that's a rather subjective standard, and IMO it hinges more on aesthetics than something that can be quantified and measured.

About the 2nd, I agree of course.
and I don't think the few ones of us who defended him implied that his talent is enough, w/o work to improve on every aspect of the game.

But, on the other hand, I don't think that he deserves all the piss and vinegar coming from many (and most here).
He didn't have the right guidance from the club on different levels, most notably the physical and medical preparation which resulted in his constant injuries, but many others as well,
for instance tactical awareness that you mention at the end, the blame is mostly on the managers that coached him

Dembele is not even close to Javi Galan :lol:

Dribble in Liga 2020/21: Dembele 2,1 per game. Galan Javi 3,3 per game.

Messi983

Javi Galan is really underrated and he was available for just 4m last summer. Should've signed him to compete with Alba and send Balde on loan.

Home of Barca Fans