Ousmane Dembélé

Laplacian

It is not 100% correlation of course but your statement is obviously false, there is a connection.
Being a smart player on the pitch means having a good pattern recognition ability, which is the same thing an IQ test measures.

IQ tests measure more than just pattern recognition lol. Playing musical instruments involves pattern recognition, and mentally challenged savants with an IQ of <75 can be musical prodigies.

Birdy

Are you actually being serious right now?

You can even find highlight reels for Eden Hazard during his time at RM, so i guess he's been fantastic for us then.

Of course highlights do not prove anything.
I posted it as an answer to the highlights of his misses.

Nope. It is your stats that are shit.

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Matches/1492155/Show/Spain-LaLiga-2020-2021-Barcelona-Atletico-Madrid

Check it by yourself. 0 dribble from your almighty dribbler lol.
His dribbles are shit vs big teams or in important game. That is what matters.

Now you talk about eyes test lol. Dembele's football is ugly. That is something almost people can agree except you aka an ugly game lover.

It's statsbomb you clever..
Maybe best analytics company out there...

Other than that, you mentioned the away game against AM where Dembele had 4/6 dribbles, not the home game.

Finally, 96th percentile means his dribbling is exceptional whether you like or not.
Take the L and walk quietly

vegitot

Of course highlights do not prove anything.
I posted it as an answer to the highlights of his misses.

It's statsbomb you clever..
Maybe best analytics company out there...

Other than that, you mentioned the away game against AM where Dembele had 4/6 dribbles, not the home game.

Finally, 96th percentile means his dribbling is exceptional whether you like or not.

Oh yeah it is home game. And he has 0 dribble from Opta data. He has 2 dribbles away match. Which one is more reliable??? I will leave it to you.

And his dribbling is never exceptional. It is above average. He can have some good dribble stats due to his pace. He has no ball control. And if you look at kick and run style, he is shit compared to Traore.

Take the L and walk quitely.

mc_lovin

How many players are included? Only first division? All positions? If there are 100 wingers for example and Dembele is 4th best he can still be shit :p At least on a worldclass level, where maybe only the first 3 are actually good.

Birdy

This is what I said in my first post to you, this was what I was specifically analyzing about Dembele. In case you need help, how a player influence's their teams overall play offensively can judged by things like touches, pass accuracy, successful crosses, big chances created and the other stats that I listed. That is why I used those stats because that was the claim that I was attacking, that he was our best player against a low-block. These stats are used by many to get a snapshot at players influence on the run of play, take a casual glance at Football Twitter, not that that is anything to hang your hat on, but it demonstrates the commonality of its usage.

But instead of considering any of that, you just bullishly and arrogantly proclaimed these stats to be "cherrypicked", twice, instead of just reading.

Leaving aside all the non-football issues you bring up for the moment,

Again you are not showing anything. There is nothing arrogant mate in what I say.

You have to make your point clearly and in articulate way, and till now you haven't
You say "how a player influence's their teams overall play offensively can judged by things like touches, pass accuracy, successful crosses, big chances created "
Why?
How?
explain
touches for example can mean all and can mean nothing. It depends what you want to say about touches.
You have to make a relevant point in regards to them. For example "X player touches the ball N times inside the box, which means that ... "
If the second part is missing, you have no point. You are throwing numbers that are supposed to tell something, which you haven't yet decided what this is.

SAying that "these stats are used by many to get a snapshot at players influence on the run of play, take a casual glance at Football Twitter" proves again that you haven't decided what the stats are supposed to show, and in what way.
I don't care if these 4 stats in particular are the most commonly posted on twitter.
Evaluation of the stat and attaching it to a clear point is what matters.

Try again if you want.
So far, no argument in regards to Dembele's ability against low blocks

Birdy

Oh yeah it is home game. And he has 0 dribble from Opta data. He has 2 dribbles away match. Which one is more reliable??? I will leave it to you.

And his dribbling is never exceptional. It is above average. He can have some good dribble stats due to his pace. He has no ball control. And if you look at kick and run style, he is shit compared to Traore.

Take the L and walk quitely.

All his games this season (statsbomb based site). 4/6 dribbles against Atletico away.

As for the rest, no comment.
No matter how many derogatory comments you write about him, the L is on you.
And it will keep being there until you prove that 96th percentile is not enough, which you simply can't

vegitot

Almighty Dembele vs PSG, RM, AM this season:
- 0 goal
- 0 assist
- 5 dribbles in 6 games
- Some chances missed.

World class lol.

vegitot

All his games this season (statsbomb based site). 4/6 dribbles against Atletico away.

As for the rest, no comment.
No matter how many derogatory comments you write about him, the L is on you.
And it will keep being there until you prove that 96th percentile is not enough, which you simply can't

Opta say no. He only has 2 dribbles. Check whoscored, sofascored... And it seems Opta is way bigger (they have collected stats since 1996) than Statsbomb. Not mean Statsbomb is bad or something. But you only trust your stats.
And according to Opta, he only has 2.1 dribbles per game btw. If you only use stats then 2.1 dribbles are not close to world class. Far from it.
The L is on an ugly football lover, aka Dembele only fan.

Birdy

Almighty Dembele vs PSG, RM, AM this season:
- 0 goal
- 0 assist
- 5 dribbles in 6 games
- Some chances missed.

World class lol.

The correct stats, and not the fake ones you post, regarding all the difficult games this season, read:

Real Madrid (H) in 9 min: 1/1 dribbles
Juve (A) in 65 min: 10/15 dribbles
Atleti (A) in 90 min: 4/6 dribbles
PSG (H) in 90 min: 0/2 dribbles
Sevilla (A) in 82 min: 3/3 dribbles
PSG (A) in 78 min: 1/2 dribbles
Sociedad (A) in 72 min: 2/2 dribbles
Real Madrid (A)in 90 min: 3/6 dribbles
Villareal (A) in 11 min: 1/2 dribbles
Atleti (H) in 16 min: 0/3 dribbles

Unfortunately it does not cover the copa and supercopa games, so I can't also include copa semis vs Sevilla, and supercopa final
He didn't play against Juve at H

So, in all the derbys plus the difficult away games against teams 4-6 position (Sevilla, Sociedad, Villareal) Dembele had in total
25/42 dribbles in 603 minutes of game-time (roughly equals to 6.7 90min games) against the most difficult defenders.

Find someone other than Messi with better dribbling stats in important games, and then we talk
All the rest is just angry garbage from you, because you can't digest he is in the 96th percentile in successful dribbles

vegitot

This is bit unfair because the whole Barca team was garbage. What are Messis stats versus those teams for example?

Messi vs AM at home for example:
- 5 dribbles (including that great dribble from half way line), 3 key passes, 9 time fouled (the most by any Barca player in Liga ever), rated 8.23 by whoscored, 8.1 by sofascored. Well their rating are not really 100% accurate and Stats just love Messi so much but at least it is dozen times better than Dembele.

vegitot

The correct stats, and not the fake ones you post, regarding all the difficult games this season, read:

Real Madrid (H) in 9 min: 1/1 dribbles
Juve (A) in 65 min: 10/15 dribbles
Atleti (A) in 90 min: 4/6 dribbles
PSG (H) in 90 min: 0/2 dribbles
Sevilla (A) in 82 min: 3/3 dribbles
PSG (A) in 78 min: 1/2 dribbles
Sociedad (A) in 72 min: 2/2 dribbles
Real Madrid (A)in 90 min: 3/6 dribbles
Villareal (A) in 11 min: 1/2 dribbles
Atleti (H) in 16 min: 0/3 dribbles

Unfortunately it does not cover the copa and supercopa games, so I can't also include copa semis vs Sevilla, and supercopa final
He didn't play against Juve at H

So, in all the derbys plus the difficult away games against teams 4-6 position (Sevilla, Sociedad, Villareal) Dembele had in total
25/42 dribbles in 603 minutes of game-time (roughly equals to 6.7 90min games) against the most difficult defenders.

Find someone other than Messi with better dribbling stats in important games, and then we talk

So Opta data are lie but Fbref is the truth??? Strange because i believe Laliga, Premier League..all work with Opta. It alone show which one is better.
According to Opta, Dembele has 6 dribbles vs Juventus, not 10. 0 vs PSG both legs...

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/299513/MatchStatistics/Ousmane-Demb%C3%A9l%C3%A9

First xG now this. You need to learn how to use stats properly first before trying to post here.

Birdy

I know stats million times better than you.
So cut the BS

Either prove that this dribbling success rate is not good somehow, or please STFU
Thanks

vegitot

I know stats million times better than you.
So cut the BS

Either prove that this dribbling success rate is not good somehow, or please STFU
Thanks

Once you call Opta are fake but fbref is the absolute truth then you are just stupid. It is time to learn more about stats before protecting Dembele. It might worth your time more.
Thanks.

Home of Barca Fans