Ousmane Dembélé

kattanib

To this day i still can't believe we have the BEST talent in the world dawg.

Can't wait for him to have a proper season dawg , teams will forfeit before playing us.

Good times ahead of us dawg if PRINCE DEMBELE has a full uninjured season.

HOPE

You say this based on what? Fiction?!

Laplacian

Once again?!

Dembele's reputation is just weird. Somehow people just collectively fall apart when it comes to this player. Just listen to one of the replies to one of my posts, he was "great for 3 months." lol Out of 60 or so performances, no one here would be able to name at least 10 great overall performances by him. I can think of 5: Villarreal x2, Leganes, Levante, and Espanyol. This forum has trash talked better players for MUCH less.

Some users here even blame his inability to control 5 yard passes on Valverde. Seriously, the benefit of doubt for this guy is astounding.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Dembele's reputation is just weird. Somehow people just collectively fall apart when it comes to this player. Just listen to one of the replies to one of my posts, he was "great for 3 months." lol Out of 60 or so performances, no one here would be able to name at least 10 great overall performances by him. I can think of 5: Villarreal x2, Leganes, Levante, and Espanyol. This forum has trash talked better players for MUCH less.

Some users here even blame his inability to control 5 yard passes on Valverde. Seriously, the benefit of doubt for this guy is astounding.

You're trying so hard pushing your false narrative. Good work.

Kul_z

Just admit, you dont like him.

Laplacian

You're trying so hard pushing your false narrative. Good work.

"False narrative", what's false about it? His good overall performances? You're welcome to try and list all the great overall performances he had so far. In my opinion, it doesn't reach more than 10. If you think differently, go ahead and discuss.

Is it people blaming Valverde for Dembele's individual technical deficiencies?

Check out the reactions to the 4-2 Sevilla game:

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/13639-11-Ousmane-Dembélé-old-thread/page847

There are people literally blaming Valverde for his atrocious second half performance. (Talking about the fanboys, thankfully the majority blamed his ineptitude.)

I don't see how my narrative is false.

If that second half performance was played by any other player, say Gomes, you all would have hounded him with insults, not deflecting blame towards a manager for things he has little control over (a player's mentality and technical ability).

Dembele needs this, Dembele needs that, Dembele needs these kind of players, Dembele needs that kind of football, and this, and that, and this and that. No other player is babied to such an extent, and it's not because he's young either, because you guys have been ruthless to young players as well.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
"False narrative", what's false about it? His good overall performances? You're welcome to try and list all the great overall performances he had so far. In my opinion, it doesn't reach more than 10. If you think differently, go ahead and discuss.

Is it people blaming Valverde for Dembele's individual technical deficiencies?

Check out the reactions to the 4-2 Sevilla game:

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/13639-11-Ousmane-Dembélé-old-thread/page847

There are people literally blaming Valverde for his atrocious second half performance.

I don't see how my narrative is false.

If that second half performance was played by any other player, say Gomes, you all would have hounded him with insults, not deflecting blame towards a manager for things he has little control over (a player's mentality and technical ability).

He was abysmal in that Sevilla game and rightfully trashed by many. He was benched after that terrible performance, appearing in the next three games - Madrid, Vallecano, Atletico - as a substitute only (in which he managed to score or assist in every single one, lol, the latter two of which won us 4 valuable points), and then had a sensational run of form until February. After February he kept getting injured. I did not even mention his great start to the season with some other game deciding goals. But yeah, keep saying he was horrible.

Laplacian

He was abysmal in that Sevilla game and rightfully trashed by many. He was benched after that terrible performance, appearing in the next three games - Madrid, Vallecano, Atletico - as a substitute only (in which he managed to score or assist in every single one, lol, the latter two of which won us 4 valuable points), and then had a sensational run of form until February. After February he kept getting injured. I did not even mention his great start to the season with some other game deciding goals. But yeah, keep saying he was horrible.

By "great OVERALL performances" I mean performances where he was great throughout the entire match. Not being sub-par and popping up with a goal near in the end, a great overall performance. If you think he had a sensational start to the season then you're doing exactly what I described: overrating general ability based on streaks of goals.

Do you think he was sensational against PSV? Real Sociedade? Okay then, carry on.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
By "great OVERALL performances" I mean performances where he was great throughout the entire match. Not being sub-par and popping up with a goal near in the end, a great overall performance. If you think he had a sensational start to the season then you're doing exactly what I described: overrating general ability based on streaks of goals.

Do you think he was sensational against PSV? Real Sociedade? Okay then, carry on.

You will denounce every decision that Dembele makes, what is there to argue about with you? Your position is maximally clear.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Answer the question, did you think he was great against PSV? Just curious, I'm not even arguing anymore.
Okay, his stats from the game: 2 dribbles, 2 key passes, 75% passing accuracy, 4 losses of the ball, 1 goal. It was a decent game, but he had better.
He was the second/third best on the pitch after Messi and arguably Suarez. His goal was extremely important because it killed PSV's chances to return in the game by equalizing the score. The goal itself was a pure moment of brilliance, he created the chance himself with nice footwork. I don't think it is right to neglect his goals when assessing his level, his quality to decide games is one of his biggest strenghts.

Home of Barca Fans