Ousmane Dembélé

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My issue with Dembele is:

- Cannot trust him to stay healthy as he's been injury prone for most of his Barca career, even lately he's been having discomfort which is why he's been used sparingly

- Cannot trust him to finish clear chances, he always mess it up

- He's not creative enough or a good enough dribbler in close spaces to counter/offset point #2, if he was that then his poor goalscoring form would be somewhat fine

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Typical of people to find someone to blame (how many clear chances did we create before he came in, he shouldve even come in earlier for Pedri) , I really hope he leaves so we see who to blame next.

I pray to God that day comes soon enough and this average football player doesn't step a foot on the field as a Barca player

Tackle

Hope he rejects us and Ousmane the "project builder" Dembele chooses Arsenal.

Laporta won't let him go on his own volition.

Windhook

In his defense I say before he got involved in the game we were playing zero. Atletico were comfortable holding the ball for a long period of time.

Anyway Dembele is creative player, but his finishing is beyond tragic.

Laplacian

My issue with Dembele is:

- Cannot trust him to stay healthy as he's been injury prone for most of his Barca career, even lately he's been having discomfort which is why he's been used sparingly

- Cannot trust him to finish clear chances, he always mess it up

- He's not creative enough or a good enough dribbler in close spaces to counter/offset point #2, if he was that then his poor goalscoring form would be somewhat fine

God, cannot agree with you enough on point number 3. People are acting as if he's prime Di Maria back in Real Madrid, or Mata at Chelsea. Dude is absolutely horrible with his passing, playmaking, and 1 on 1 dribbling most of the time. Occasionally he'll do something remarkable, but that's not nearly enough to offset his lack of ability on the ball. It's like watching him cross aimlessly for almost a year isn't enough for some users, he always transforms into some irreplaceable player in the minds of some users whenever he doesn't play for significant stretches.

It is absolutely bizarre what I'm seeing with Dembele. We have shit on much better players for far less, we still do (aka speed merchant Mbappe comments in his thread). We have a player who is visibly incapable of handling the ball consistently, can't shoot, and can't pass properly and yet he's still seen as important for some. What is it about this guy? Is it because he's the only actual quick winger on the club so others are willing to tolerate his lack of footballing ability?

jamrock

I can't kill him for missing that header, it wasn't a easy one Ronaldo would have buried that, but he isn't Ronaldo

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
God, cannot agree with you enough on point number 3. People are acting as if he's prime Di Maria back in Real Madrid, or Mata at Chelsea. Dude is absolutely horrible with his passing, playmaking, and 1 on 1 dribbling most of the time. Occasionally he'll do something remarkable, but that's not nearly enough to offset his lack of ability on the ball. It's like watching him cross aimlessly for almost a year isn't enough for some users, he always transforms into some irreplaceable player in the minds of some users whenever he doesn't play for significant stretches.

It is absolutely bizarre what I'm seeing with Dembele. We have shit on much better players for far less, we still do (aka speed merchant Mbappe comments in his thread). We have a player who is visibly incapable of handling the ball consistently, can't shoot, and can't pass properly and yet he's still seen as important for some. What is it about this guy? Is it because he's the only actual quick winger on the club so others are willing to tolerate his lack of footballing ability?

He unbalances opposition defences on occasion and prevents them from compressing the midfield or playing a high enough line due to his pace.
Literally nothing happened when he wasnt on the field outside of messi. As inconsistent as he is hes the only one with those attributes, if you cant see that i cant help you.

Yes I also think mbappe is a pace merchant with better decision making who isnt worth 150m. I dont think demeble is worth much at all but hes all we got.

Home of Barca Fans