Ousmane Dembélé

Btw, Haaland's and Mbappe's first choice is to play for R.Madrid. They prefer it, BUT they would also be happy to play for Barca! (if there is a good financial offer).
Don't forget that Mbappe was too close to join Barca in 2017 but our board made the choice to sign Dembele over him.

As for PSG, reports say that they are interested in two players from Barca: Dembele (to replace Mbappe as a winger) and Emerson also (as they don't have a good fullback).
So i can imagine PSG suggesting this deal : Mbappe to Barcelona, in exchange of Dembele + Emerson + 30 MD.
Of course if Mbappe agrees, it's not impossible to happen. But I still see him in Madrid.

Birdy

Btw, Haaland's and Mbappe's first choice is to play for R.Madrid. They prefer it, BUT they would also be happy to play for Barca! (if there is a good financial offer).
Don't forget that Mbappe was too close to join Barca in 2017 but our board made the choice to sign Dembele over him.

I question the truthfulness of all your statements above,
apart from 'Mbape wants RM'

Jadentheman

I think Mbappe's agent said it. Mbappe was offered to Barca, but Barca said no. I guess they were more focused on YouTube wonderkid of the week like Dembele and thought of Mbappe having a one off at Monaco. It was the World Cup when Mbappe properly introduced himself to the world.

EDIT: You also gotta keep in mind that they were looking for a Neymar replacement and Mbappe was more of a striker back then? Maybe someone following Mbappe back in his Monaco days can offer more on that.

Arnaez

We didn't even need a like-for-like Neymar replacement, but rather someone on the left who would make runs and score goals. Neymar was doing much less of that toward the end and it hurt the team.

Laplacian

Neymar was bombing and slicing team defenses from the halfway line every other game, though. His creativity was insane, and necessary because by he end our midfield lost a lot of spunk.

He didn't hurt our team. Often in big matches, he was the only one performing.

vegitot

Neymar was bombing and slicing team defenses from the halfway line every other game, though. His creativity was insane, and necessary because by he end our midfield lost a lot of spunk.

He didn't hurt our team. Often in big matches, he was the only one performing.

Not the case for his last season at Barca. Bad finishing let him down. Remember his goalless streak during that season.

Laplacian

Not the case for his last season at Barca. Bad finishing let him down. Remember his goalless streak during that season.

"Bad finishing" isnt a playstyle.

Argument was that his playstyle was harmful towards our team play, I'm saying it wasn't. He created tons of chances and was often at the end of them too, his finishing just wasn't on par.

vegitot

"Bad finishing" isnt a playstyle.

Argument was that his playstyle was harmful towards our team play, I'm saying it wasn't. He created tons of chances and was often at the end of them too, his finishing just wasn't on par.

Exactly what happened in 16/17. That made the team unbalance. He is a playmaker with free role now. Not a direct winger who scored and dribble like 2014- half of 2016.

If he comes back next season, good. Messi + Neymar is really entertaining but the team needs to balance.

Laplacian

Exactly what happened in 16/17. That made the team unbalance. He is a playmaker with free role now. Not a direct winger who scored and dribble like 2014- half of 2016.

If he comes back next season, good. Messi + Neymar is really entertaining but the team needs to balance.

I'm not sure what you were watching, but in 16/17 he was pretty much functioning as a complete winger.

vegitot

I'm not sure what you were watching, but in 16/17 he was pretty much functioning as a complete winger.

A winger with playmaker style. Pretty much like Messi. Even low workrate as well.
Not sure if you remember but Juventus and PSG both hammered Barca that season with younger version of both Messi and Neymar and RM won the double.

Laplacian

A winger with playmaker style. Pretty much like Messi. Even low workrate as well.
Not sure if you remember but Juventus and PSG both hammered Barca that season with younger version of both Messi and Neymar and RM won the double.

Nothing at all like Messi. Much of our width came from Neymar lol

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Neymar wasnt as good as in 15/16 as he had often seperate from the ball too late but duuude he was still unbelievable, his creativity was insane. He was the only one who had performed well against PSG and Juventus at home. Juve had the best defence in the world in 2017 and this man has toyed with them.

Laplacian

And Alba was completely limited.

And why was Alba limited? Because Neymar loved to hang on the sidelines, staying wide before dribbling into the box from the far side of the box.

That's nothing at all like Messi's "false winger, quasi midfielder" type role.

He was much more of a pure winger in 16/17 than 14/15 and 15/16 where he functioned more as a wide forward.

Home of Barca Fans