Ousmane Dembélé

Catta

You're stuck in 2016, pal. Manchester United no longer wastes shit tons of money on declining and/or mediocre/subpar players. Their squad building's better than Barcelona's.

In the past 2 years they spent 90 mil on Maguire and 60 mil on Fred. :lol:

Those two are the definition of mediocre.

Vilarrubi

You're stuck in 2016, pal. Manchester United no longer wastes shit tons of money on declining and/or mediocre/subpar players. Their squad building's better than Barcelona's.

40m on Van De Beek this season to warm the bench?

Definitely overrating their “squad building” too. Out of group stage in CL into Europa, not fighting for title and only in 2nd because Liverpool have their full defence injured.

Laplacian

In the past 2 years they spent 90 mil on Maguire and 60 mil on Fred. :lol:

Those two are the definition of mediocre.

Neither of them are mediocre, they're probably one of the best players in the league this season in their respective positions. Fred was a donkey during his first and a half years under Mou and Ole. Since then he's been a consistent high level performer for about two seasons now. Just like the lot of you making memes about Rashford, your opinions on Manchester United players are either based on memes or are outdated by several years.

40m on Van De Beek this season to warm the bench?

Definitely overrating their “squad building” too. Out of group stage in CL into Europa, not fighting for title and only in 2nd because Liverpool have their full defence injured.

"Only second because other teams aren't good enough."

Nice retort mate.

Vilarrubi

"Only second because other teams aren't good enough."

Nice retort mate.

You seem overly triggered and quick to defend them? You a United fan?

Anyway, they string a few good games together and people get overexcited. Heard same thing every season for about last 5 years.

Laplacian

You seem overly triggered and quick to defend them? You a United fan?

Anyway, they string a few good games together and people get overexcited. Heard same thing every season for about last 5 years.

Yes. I also seem to get overly triggered on threads relating to City, Chelsea, Ajax, PSG etc. Guess I'm a fan of all them too.

If you haven't noticed, the argument isn't about their hype.

1) Just that they're less likely to make stupid decisions on players

2) That your opinion on Maguire, Fred, Rashford etc are outdated because I'm assuming you don't follow the PL as closely as I do.

3) Their squad building's better than Barcelona's.

It was never about them being an elite team, having the best squad building among elite teams, and having the best players. You just interpreted it like that because you got triggered over the fact that a supposedly mediocre team wouldn't have any interest in Barcelona's players. I actually shit on them quite a lot, especially on this forum.

Also, they've been consistently good for two years now. They were the 3rd best team in the league last season with all of their forwards scoring 15~ league goals, and they're the 2nd best team this year despite their forwards not being as good as they were last year. A little more than "a few good games together", mate. Another outdated view.

Laplacian

Or 140m on Dembele, 160m on Coutinho, and 120m on Griezmann. They make questionable decisions each window, but they're still a few leagues above Barcelona when it comes to making sensible decisions.

Greenwood surpassed Dembele's goal tally during his first full season at the age of 18. This is his "shit" second season and his stats are comparable to Dembele's best season at Barcelona. Tell me why they'd pay 50m-60m for Dembele? Lmao.

Vilarrubi

Yes. I also seem to get overly triggered on threads relating to City, Chelsea, Ajax, PSG etc. Guess I'm a fan of all them too.

If you haven't noticed, the argument isn't about their hype.

1) Just that they're less likely to make stupid decisions on players

2) That your opinion on Maguire, Fred, Rashford etc are outdated because I'm assuming you don't follow the PL as closely as I do.

3) Their squad building's better than Barcelona's.

It was never about them being an elite team, having the best squad building among elite teams, and having the best players. You just interpreted it like that because you got triggered over the fact that a supposedly mediocre team wouldn't have any interest in Barcelona's players. I actually shit on them quite a lot, especially on this forum.

Also, they've been consistently good for two years now. They were the 3rd best team in the league last season with all of their forwards scoring 15~ league goals, and they're the 2nd best team this year despite their forwards not being as good as they were last year. A little more than "a few good games together", mate. Another outdated view.

I’d say 40m on Van De Beek for the bench is fairly stupid. Pretty similar to Pjanic deal for us. Both this season.

I never mentioned Maguire, Fred or Rashford. Was someone else.

When did this squad building start? Because they’ve spent a ridiculous amount and won fuck all.

Actually your view is “outdated” because we’re in unknown territory about transfers going forward because Laporta is president. If Barto was still here then maybe you’d have a point but he isn’t. Laporta’s transfers in his last tenure were far from stupid and didn’t overpay like Barto did. So you can’t claim we’re “more likely” to make stupid transfers than United because we have a completely new board.

Laplacian

I’d say 40m on Van De Beek for the bench is fairly stupid. Pretty similar to Pjanic deal for us. Both this season.

Lmao, he's in his early 20s. It's no way similar to Pjanic's deal.

Actually your view is “outdated” because we’re in unknown territory about transfers going forward because Laporta is president. If Barto was still here then maybe you’d have a point but he isn’t. Laporta’s transfers in his last tenure were far from stupid and didn’t overpay like Barto did. So you can’t claim we’re “more likely” to make stupid transfers than United because we have a completely new board

Now you're just arguing for the sake of arguing lol

Laplacian

Typical reply after arguing and writing paragraphs yourself but now have no proper response to what I wrote :thumbsup:

You agreed with my point, but you created a (dumb) technicality to "win" the argument. It's argument for the sake of argument because you can't let go. I'll take the L and let you have the last word.

Vilarrubi

You agreed with my point, but you created a (dumb) technicality to "win" the argument. It's argument for the sake of argument because you can't let go.

Not even arguing.

You said Barca more likely to do stupid transfers than United. I said they’re not because we’ve got a new board. Nothing dumb about it, just facts.

Home of Barca Fans