Ousmane Dembélé

Birdy

Neymar is fracturing or spraining his ankle, which has nothing to do with diet/physical training.
Messi solved the problem after 2008 and despite having some injuries later on, these were not the outcome of poor eating or training.
Ronaldo damaged his knee and from some point on no one could save him.

Different cases of injuries.
I repeat again: Dembele didn't have injury problems when younger (at 17 or 18 like Messi) and recorded no injury in 16/17, a whole season with tons of games at Bundesliga, CL, and DFB-pokal.
And then he comes at Barca and plays less than 1/3 of all minutes he could between 17 and 20. Who is responsible for that sudden turn in his proneness?
You say it's only himself. But that can't be true

Yes, not all players are prone, so you won't see the whole squad getting concurrent injuries under EV.
But Dembele was by his nature prone, was seriously damaged by not being taken care of by coach and club

Last edited:

malvolio

are we now placing the blame for dembele's misfortune or lack of professionalism on barcelona's medical staff? :lol:

who is the first to mention bayern's unreal medical team in here gets a cookie

vegitot

Neymar is fracturing or spraining his ankle, which has nothing to do with diet/physical training.
Messi solved the problem after 2008 and despite having some injuries later on, these were not the outcome of poor eating or training.

I repeat again: Dembele didn't have injury problems when younger (at 17 or 18 like Messi) and recorded no injury in 16/17, a whole season with tons of games at Bundesliga, CL, and DFB-pokal.
And then he comes at Barca and plays less than 1/3 of all minutes he could between 17 and 20. Who is responsible for that sudden turn in his proneness?

You just said Messi faced with injuries due to him being young and intensity. Don't you think it is the same with Dembele??? He played tons of matches with Dortmund then came here. It just happened due to his young body and intensity before.

You claim it is only's EV and Barca's coaching staff fault. It can not be true. No one.pray for.Dembele's injuries.

Neymar had no problem at Barca yet he is injuried every season with PSG. Same with Ronaldo at Barca and his first season at Inter then he started living in hospital.

Injury is something no one want. Blame club for player's injuy is so unfair.

JamDav1982

Yes, not all players are prone, so you won't see the whole squad getting concurrent injuries under EV.
But Dembele was by his nature prone, was seriously damaged by not being taken care of by coach and club

Just change the goal posts with every time and dont know nearly enough from the behaviour of players to know what contributed to these injuries to draw conclusions you are.

Whether players are prone to injury or not makes no difference if comparing injuries under the different coaches with largely same players.

Laplacian

You're right the injury wasn't a coincidence, it happened specifically because he didn't have a pre-season like every other player. Remember why? Because he was busy boycotting it to force a move from Dortmund to Barcelona. During his second season, he was being given specific guidelines to improve his fitness and durability. He not only ignored them, but he out right discarded them; like not having a proper sleep schedule (sleeping late), not taking training sessions seriously and firing the personal chef the club hired for him.

It's just hilarious watching you guys reaching more than a year later just so you can talk shit on Valverde. Especially over a low quality player like Dembele. He's been gone for over a year, get over it.

Birdy

Propensity to injury is an inherent characteristic, some players have it some don't.
Dembele has it, as young Arien Robben had it before going to Bayern.

But whether this will be actualized is down to training, preparation, as well as eating/sleeping habits.

So, yes Ernie's lack of physical preparation cannot damage just anyone, but only those who are already inherently prone to break.
Now,
You just said Messi faced with injuries due to him being young and intensity. Don't you think it is the same with Dembele??? He played tons of matches with Dortmund then came here. It just happened due to his young body and intensity before.
Would have happened before, when he was 18, 19, certainly at Dortmund. He played 3.387' in total in 2016/17, and the only recorded injury of his was a 10 day problem the January of that season.

Why it didn't happen back then, and all of the sudden it starts at Barca?
So injuries at Barca because his body adapted to intensity is out of the window as a possibility.

Then what's left? If you wanna be consistent with what you argue here, you have to prove that either
a) he had a different mindset at Dortmund -> not the case he didn't become more immature the moment he was transferred in
b) or he was sleeping early and eating well at Dortmund because he wanted to -> not the case, as I am pretty sure he liked burgers and playing PS late at night before 2017.
c) he was FORCED to do the above, plus SERIOUS physical training by Dortmund.

C is the only plausible scenario, which I am arguing for.
He was forced again to do c by Koeman and his staff.

So yes, Ernie's 3 year spell has a special place in Dembele's life

vegitot

Propensity to injury is an inherent characteristic, some players have it some don't.
Dembele has it, as young Arien Robben had it before going to Bayern.

But whether this will be actualized is down to training, preparation, as well as eating/sleeping habits.

So, yes Ernie's lack of physical preparation cannot damage just anyone, but only those who are already inherently prone to break.
Now,

Would have happened before, when he was 18, 19, certainly at Dortmund. He played 3.387' in total in 2016/17, and the only recorded injury of his was a 10 day problem the January of that season.

Why it didn't happen back then, and all of the sudden it starts at Barca?
So injuries at Barca because his body adapted to intensity is out of the window as a possibility.

Then what's left? If you wanna be consistent with what you argue here, you have to prove that either
a) he had a different mindset at Dortmund -> not the case he didn't become more immature the moment he was transferred in
b) or he was sleeping early and eating well at Dortmund because he wanted to -> not the case, as I am pretty sure he liked burgers and playing PS late at night before 2017.
c) he was FORCED to do the above, plus SERIOUS physical training by Dortmund.

C is the only plausible scenario, which I am arguing for.
He was forced again to do c by Koeman and his staff.

So yes, Ernie's 3 year spell has a special place in Dembele's life

You also need to prove all the case of Robben at Chelsea/Madrid, Neymar at PSG, Ronaldo at Inter, Nesta at Ac Milan, Thiago at Bayern, Kaka at RM, Hazard at RM....

Dembele wasn't injured during 2016/17 season after tons of matches. Good then he made a move to Barca. After many minutes, his body may reached his limit (just like you explain Messi's case). No one can say if he stayed at Dortmund, he would still be injury free. It just happened at Barca, doesn't mean Barca is the one to blame.
Zidane and Real Madrid must destroy Hazard, by this logic. Hazard at Chelsea was fit, at RM he is fat and suffers injuries. Do Zidane and RM not prepare anything for him???
Or Mourinho didn't prepare to prevent Robben's injuries???
Or Ronaldo at 1997/98 season was injury free then started to face injuries after??? Same Inter Milan that he was healthy in his first season???
Now all your points above are just your guesses.
First, did he have different mindset back when he was at Dortmund??? Maybe. He was still very young then he became the most expensive player in Barcelona and Laliga history at that time. It may affected his mindset. Several people criticized his discipline so i don't need to talk much.
Second, it just your guess (again) that he also ate junk foods and had an unhealthy life at Dortmund.

Koeman has changed a lot but Dembele himself also changes his mindset. Just like your post, he hires experts to help his nutrition and it works.

Horatio

You're welcome
I think what triggered Dembele was that one long injury. During his recovery you could he tried to become more muscled. Think he set his mind on not wanting to go through an injury like that again.

Birdy

You also need to prove all the case of Robben at Chelsea/Madrid, Neymar at PSG, Ronaldo at Inter, Nesta at Ac Milan, Thiago at Bayern, Kaka at RM, Hazard at RM....

Dembele wasn't injured during 2016/17 season after tons of matches. Good then he made a move to Barca. After many minutes, his body may reached his limit (just like you explain Messi's case). No one can say if he stayed at Dortmund, he would still be injury free. It just happened at Barca, doesn't mean Barca is the one to blame.
Zidane and Real Madrid must destroy Hazard, by this logic. Hazard at Chelsea was fit, at RM he is fat and suffers injuries. Do Zidane and RM not prepare anything for him???
Or Mourinho didn't prepare to prevent Robben's injuries???
Or Ronaldo at 1997/98 season was injury free then started to face injuries after??? Same Inter Milan that he was healthy in his first season???
Now all your points above are just your guesses.
First, did he have different mindset back when he was at Dortmund??? Maybe. He was still very young then he became the most expensive player in Barcelona and Laliga history at that time. It may affected his mindset. Several people criticized his discipline so i don't need to talk much.
Second, it just your guess (again) that he also ate junk foods and had an unhealthy life at Dortmund.

Koeman has changed a lot but Dembele himself also changes his mindset. Just like your post, he hires experts to help his nutrition and it works.

Let's take the points one by one:

1) The 'body is adjusting injury' does not happen after 3.300 minutes in 16/17 in all comps, which came after more than 2.000' mins with Rennes in 15/16
It should have happened earlier.
With Messi for instance it happened vs Chelsea in 2006, the first season in Messi's life that he was playing regularly with the big boys, and it happened midway through the season.
So, that's not the case with Dembele...

2) I don't know how each injury prone player dealed with it, as I have n't closely followed all of them.
I remember for instance that Robben, who was injury prone - as adult not when his body was adjusting, blamed RM for not taking care of his proneness before they eventually did by hiring a special doctor.

What is for sure are two things:
a) For every player that simply can't stay fit long-term, there are underlying causes that have to be traced.
So this applies to Hazard as well. I don't know if RM medical department sucks or not, but there are causes

b) For every player that is injury prone, there are solutions to it. So Dembele CAN stay fit if physical preparation is applied to his body and correct eating/sleeping habits are also applied.

3) Yes I haven't read any reports about his habits at Dortmund, but it follows just from common sense:
If someone when 20 and 21 is immature, likes playing PS late at night, and likes junk food, it's irrational to assume that at 18 and 19 he was mature or he didn't like any of the above.
Someone made him behave at Dortmund, and I wouldn't be surprised if Koeman had a role to play in his 'taking diet seriously' change.

4) Again, EV's 'no training' regime did not affect everyone, as not everyone was prone to the consequences of it.
But Dembele was, so he was affected

Birdy

And some piece of news from Romano:

@HagridFCB
?
2h
(��) One of the most important priorities for club’s new president Joan Laporta is renewing the contract of Ousmane Dembele.
@FabrizioRomano

PS: More love for Dembouz from Laporta:

@HagridFCB
?
35m
Joan Laporta loves Ousmane Dembele and that he believes he is an amazing player. Under Bartomeu, the player did not want extend.
But now there is Joan Laporta, who will soon discuss the renewal situation with the player and his agent.
@FabrizioRomano
#Transfers ✍��

Last edited:

vegitot

1) The 'body is adjusting injury' does not happen after 3.300 minutes in 16/17 in all comps, which came after more than 2.000' mins with Rennes in 15/16
With Messi for instance it happened vs Chelsea in 2006, the first season in Messi's life that he was playing regularly with the big boys, and it happened midway through the season.

2) I don't know how each injury prone player dealed with it, as I have n't closely followed all of them.
I remember for instance that Robben, who was injury prone - as adult not when his body was adjusting, blamed RM for not taking care of his proneness before they eventually did by hiring a special doctor.

a) For every player that simply can't stay fit long-term, there are underlying causes that have to be traced.
So this applies to Hazard as well. I don't know if RM medical department sucks or not, but there are causes

b) For every player that is injury prone, there are solutions to it. So Dembele CAN stay fit if physical preparation is applied to his body and correct eating/sleeping habits are also applied.

3) Yes I haven't read any reports about his habits at Dortmund, but it follows just from common sense:
If someone when 20 and 21 is immature, likes playing PS late at night, and likes junk food, it's irrational to assume that at 18 and 19 he was mature or he didn't like any of the above.
Someone made him behave at Dortmund, and I wouldn't be surprised if Koeman had a role to play in his 'taking diet seriously' change.

4) Again, EV's 'no training' regime did not affect everyone, as not everyone was prone to the consequences of it.

Point 1, Neymar had no problem at Barca, then injuried every season at PSG. Ronaldo, healthy at Barca and first season with Inter, started being injuried later.Hazard, Kaka at Rm. Robben at Chelsea also suffered injuries when Mourinho was their coach. I think a guy like Mourinho would prepare for his own players. So on.
So that is not Barca that made Dembele injuried.

Point 2, Dembele was still unknown back then. Things changed when he became the most expensive player in Barcelona history. It is easy to understand that it could affect his mindset. Dembele at 17 and 18 could be different than when he was 20. Being the most expensive siging in a team like Barcelona can make anyone start to think they are superstar already. And when having that mindset, it can lead to some bad habbit.
After 3 years of wasting, he might change his mindset. He wants to start it again as you can see he hire experts to help him. Koeman, at the begining of the season also warned about his discipline.
Club also hired experts to help him but was turned down. So i don't think club want him dead.

Again, EV didn't make anyone in the squad injured. So no way you can say EV wad the one that made Dembele injured. Even if his training was not intense enough for guy like Dembele, then who forced him to stay unhealthy, who forced him to turn down club's advice???

It is like blaming your own teacher for your bad result but your teammates still get good result under the same teacher.

No wonder he is 23 yet still considered like a 17 years old player. At his age Ronaldinho started to reach his peak, Neymar was top 3 player in the world...

Sacchi and Capello back then must have no preparation for Van Basten at all.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

I don't see what the fascination with Dembele is. Even when he's fit, he's been nothing but average here. His dribbling isn't great, he can't pass the ball all that well.... and his finishing isn't the best. besides his pace, there's nothing more to his game. He literally reminds me of Tello.

vegitot

I don't see what the fascination with Dembele is. Even when he's fit, he's been nothing but average here. His dribbling isn't great, he can't pass the ball all that well.... and his finishing isn't the best. besides his pace, there's nothing more to his game. He literally reminds me of Tello.

Cmon, he is not even half of Neymar's level of talent but sure better talent than Tello. Though he still not yet shows it completely at Barca.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

a gross oversimplification but yes, he needs to show more.

Home of Barca Fans