Ousmane Dembélé

vuji_31

Well it is realistic that something like that will be our first eleven. It is not good as should it be, but I don't think it will be much better.
Also Busqets, would be our first choice before Arthur that is for sure.

I think Semedo will go to City, so we will get Cancelo.

My realistic prediction of our starting eleven for big matches is this.

.......................................MATS..............................................
Cancelo............Pique.................New CB..........................Alba
................................One tall ''fast boi'' from Badia...................
....................De Jong............................Arthur.........................
Messi ..............................Suarez..............................Griezmann

Basically...It will be pretty much same as last season. Neymar will not come, Lautaro even if he make transfer he will be on bench.
We will bring back Alena in midfield.
I see Rakitic staying here because he is pussy and his wife will not want move to other country , and no one can pay him from Spain.

Cancelo plus 10mil for Semedo.
Umtiti to PSG. 25mil.
We will get player like Pau Torres,guy from Lazio or Diaz from Benfica.
Maybe Lautaro but there is no point of bringing him while Suarez is here.

So no world class players will not come.

At least our options in attack could be great.
Messi-Suarez-Griezmann-Fati-Braithwite-Trincao and maybe Lautaro but that would means that braithwaite is ex.

Midfield:
Busqets-De Jong-Arthur-Alena-Rakitic-New guy from Valencia or Sevilla or something like that.
Puig goes on loan.

Defense:
El presidente-Lenglet-New Guy-Araujo-Alba-Firpo-Cancelo-Roberto

But if I could make our first eleven formed from players that could come here in some way it would be like this.
........................................................MATS.......................................................................
..........Todibo/New CB.....................................Pique...........................................Leneglet................
.................................Busqets.................................De Jong..............................................
.....Cancelo...........................................................................................................Alba......
............................................................Messi...................................................................
...................................Griezmann/Lautaro............................Suarez...............................................

This would be first eleven for strongest games. Our midfielders don't score goals or assist so there is no point for putting 3 of them.
Our front 3 could be little bit higher because De Jong and Busqets are quite defensive.
Alba and Cancelo would be far on the side. They would go up and down like they always do.
Griezmann would drop in midfield when we lost possesion or when we are defending.

What do you think how good this formation would be against RM,Liverpool or City?

Last edited:

wisconsincule

Yes. You are clearly speculating, but I can tell you why are you doing it. It's because you don't like Trincao. Your entire post is meant to undermine his signing. It is so obvious that you can't even cover it. I have not seen anyone else making this kind of comments about the most talented young player we have signed lately, after FDJ.

When did I say I didn?t like Trincao and that I?m trying to undermine his signing!? You are constantly spewing bullshit.

I want what?s best for his progression. Being a rotation option with Griezmann and Dembele is not it.

LABarcaFan

1. Weak center.
2. Weak wings.
3. You basically solved none of our problems but created new ones.

Weake center.

I guess you are referring to L.Suarez. Be sure, if he is not injured, Suarez will start every single game next season.
Do I like that. No. But this is the reality and we have to face it.

Weak wings:

I don't think technically skilled and fast Trincao can be a weak choice. Do you prefer Dembele at the RW instead?
I said if Griezmann is not sold to Newcastle or any other team, then he is the better one to start at LW. Fati and Braithwaite are not ready for that yet.

Created new problems:

I don't see how I created new problems with adding Upamecano ( for example ) and Trincao to our starting XI !
I wouldn't have solved any problem if instead of these two I had mentioned the names of Lenglet and Dembele. My only doubt is that Busquets can start over A.Melo and that will be all. Barcelona is in deep shit right now as a organization and I don't see how this board will find resources to buy Neymar and Martinez. That is why, I posted the most realistic scenario for our XI. Same as you, I would like to see more changes, but that just won't happen this summer. Lets hope the new board and president will make it happen in 2021.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't think technically skilled and fast Trincao can be a weak choice. Do you prefer Dembele at the RW instead?
I said if Griezmann is not sold to Newcastle or any other team, then he is the better one to start at LW. Fati and Braithwaite are not ready for that yet.

Created new problems:

Barcelona is in deep shit right now as a organization and I don't see how this board will find resources to buy Neymar and Martinez. That is why, I posted the most realistic scenario for our XI. Same as you, I would like to see more changes, but that just won't happen this summer. Lets hope the new board and president will make it happen in 2021.

Quality posts as usual.

It's obvious you have only watched some compilations of Trincao on Youtube.
You're hyping Trincao the same way Frenkie was hyped before he signed, the difference is one of them had MOTM performances against the best teams in Europe while the other just broke through for a 2nd tier Portuguese team. Calm down.

It's interesting how you always come up with different random ideas but when people poke holes in them, you always end with "oh well, nothing's going to change with the current board, no point having a discussion".

mc_lovin

Weake center.

I guess you are referring to L.Suarez. Be sure, if he is not injured, Suarez will start every single game next season.
Do I like that. No. But this is the reality and we have to face it.

Weak wings:

Created new problems:

I don't see how I created new problems with adding Upamecano ( for example ) and Trincao to our starting XI !
I wouldn't have solved any problem if instead of these two I had mentioned the names of Lenglet and Dembele. My only doubt is that Busquets can start over A.Melo and that will be all. Barcelona is in deep shit right now as a organization and I don't see how this board will find resources to buy Neymar and Martinez. That is why, I posted the most realistic scenario for our XI. Same as you, I would like to see more changes, but that just won't happen this summer. Lets hope the new board and president will make it happen in 2021.

1. Weak center in like having a defensively weak double pivot (Arthur/Busquets-Frenkie) protected by Messi and Suarez. Theres a good reason why the #10 is dying - and Messi is even worse defensively. Thats a new problem ;S

2. Griezmann and Trincao on the wings --> you wrong footed Griezmann again. Theres literally no point in moving Messi if we still have to play other guys out of position.

And no, I dont think we need a lot of changes but the right ones (pobably one transfer in each line). I would hate a Neymar return and while I am a big fan of Lautaro the price needs to be reasonable (~80ME before corona, god knows how much after).

Kul_z

1. Weak center.
2. Weak wings.
3. You basically solved none of our problems but created new ones.

its almost the same as we have with current lineup.

People would love to see obviously a line-up of 4231 with frenkie and arthur in mf, but to have that line-up actually work it should be something like this

Roberto pique lenglet alba
Frenkie arthur
Hakimi griezmann sane
Haaland/kane/mbappe

Roberto with sort of mf skills to help them out, hakimi or similar with hard defensive workrate, griezmann with a lot of pressure game involved and focal point for transition, fast lw in sterling, sane, mane with at least decent pressure game and quality striker, either fast or phisically strong. And play mostly on counters.

I wonder if setien would try to use coutinho as cam when he returns, with dembele and griezmann available too.

Back four
Busi
Frenkie coutinho
Messi griez dembele

Back four
Frenkie
Arthur coutinho
Messi suarez griez

Who knows what this transfer window would offer in terms of prices, with our expensive assets underperforming last season their prices are at the lowest point out of quality bunch of players by far, and my opinion is that we should get rid of rakitic and umtiti if todibo comes back from loan and thats it. If we could trade coutinho for kante in a straight swap deal no cash included that would be the only reasonable jackpot transfer that we would actually gain something.

Other then that we should be patient until we see how would we look under setien with everyone available, and pull our moves at winter transfer window when things could be back in normal in terms of global situation and prices of players.

FinBarcelonafan

I vomited when I saw Busi Frenkie and Coutinho midfield. We would get slaughtered defensively.

Coutinho is way too weak of a player. He needs playr r like Casemiro behind him if he plays.

Kul_z

I vomited when I saw Busi Frenkie and Coutinho midfield. We would get slaughtered defensively.

Coutinho is way too weak of a player. He needs playr r like Casemiro behind him if he plays.

Yes i know, but with griez in line up that might work considering his pressing effort + coutinho's output should be at the liverpool level if not better.

Setien could have messi, suarez, griez, coutinho, dembele, trincao, fati, braithwaite for the attacking part of the field so im just curious how would he align them. Should be fun

Andresito

Staff member
Setien could have messi, suarez, griez, coutinho, dembele, trincao, fati, braithwaite for the attacking part of the field so im just curious how would he align them. Should be fun

It's good depth no doubt. But the truth is those players are actually more question marks rather than exclamation marks.

Messi - GOAT. The most reliable attacking player, but how will he perform after this break?
Suarez - Was up and down before his injury, mostly down. He permanently looks rusty even when he's at his best. How will he perform after his injury?
Griezmann - What's his best position in a Barca team?
Coutinho - How good is he really? Can he revive his career to his Liverpool days or is he going to eventually even be kicked out of Brazil NT because of his constant bad performances?
Dembele - Is a bit like prime Suarez in the way that can do impossible things but at the same time look like Toquero's twin, unreliable playing style wise. Also injuries.
Trincao - Young, hasn't proven too much. We can't put a lot of weight on his shoulders yet. How much playing time can he get with all the big stars?
Fati - See Trincao above.
Braithwaite - Is he really good enough to make an impact? When everyone are fit he's probably the one who'll be easiest to put in the stands.

It's not like we have a set front three with players knocking on the door, like Liverpool with their apparent new forward signing. We'll need time to sort out who'll play where and who'll play with whom.
Not an easy task to figure out who should stay and who should be sold or loaned out.

LABarcaFan

Quality posts as usual.

It's obvious you have only watched some compilations of Trincao on Youtube.
You're hyping Trincao the same way Frenkie was hyped before he signed, the difference is one of them had MOTM performances against the best teams in Europe while the other just broke through for a 2nd tier Portuguese team. Calm down.

It's interesting how you always come up with different random ideas but when people poke holes in them, you always end with "oh well, nothing's going to change with the current board, no point having a discussion".

We all wish the best for our team and we hope that one day Barcelona will be back at the top of Europe. We can dream, right? Dreams are free. But, at the end of the day we all face the same reality of the moment. Our incompetent board, president and technical department. I made that starting XI as the most realistic scenario, with only two new additions and you find a reason to bite again!?! You are one of the people here who are trying always to act like a judges without giving any constructive ideas. This forum has admin and several mods. We don't need someone like you to judge continuously every single post. You have to understand this ones for ever. I have my point of view, you have your. We don't need to agree to each other all the time. I have not liked some of your posts, but never quoted you the way you are doing to me. You should stop that or I'll block you. Your post is total nonsense and I don't think I have to answer to it.

LABarcaFan

1. Weak center in like having a defensively weak double pivot (Arthur/Busquets-Frenkie) protected by Messi and Suarez. Theres a good reason why the #10 is dying - and Messi is even worse defensively. Thats a new problem ;S

2. Griezmann and Trincao on the wings --> you wrong footed Griezmann again. Theres literally no point in moving Messi if we still have to play other guys out of position.

And no, I dont think we need a lot of changes but the right ones (pobably one transfer in each line). I would hate a Neymar return and while I am a big fan of Lautaro the price needs to be reasonable (~80ME before corona, god knows how much after).

From Arthur, Busy and FDJ only the first one is weak defensively.
Busy was one of the best DM in the world, but the age factor does not allow him to perform at that level anymore.
FDJ can play defense. He has done it for Ajax and for the national team. If we can sign one solid DM ( Kante, Soumare, e.t.c.) that will be great.

As of Griezmann, I have not wrong footed him again. The LW is just the place where he was playing lately. His problem is exactly the same as Coutinho. They both like to play behind the striker, kind of behind the stage. Unfortunately for them, that role has been taken long time ago from Messi. So, technically, till Leo is still here, none of these two has chance to succeed.

The price of Lautaro before the corona was no~ 80 mil. It was 111 mil. and it won't change. Inter wouldn't give us any discount. That is why I don't think we should spend that much money for just one player. You are asking for 1 new player at each position. Do we have the money for them?

its almost the same as we have with current lineup.

People would love to see obviously a line-up of 4231 with frenkie and arthur in mf, but to have that line-up actually work it should be something like this

Roberto pique lenglet alba
Frenkie arthur
Hakimi griezmann sane
Haaland/kane/mbappe

Roberto with sort of mf skills to help them out, hakimi or similar with hard defensive workrate, griezmann with a lot of pressure game involved and focal point for transition, fast lw in sterling, sane, mane with at least decent pressure game and quality striker, either fast or phisically strong. And play mostly on counters.

I wonder if setien would try to use coutinho as cam when he returns, with dembele and griezmann available too.

Back four
Busi
Frenkie coutinho
Messi griez dembele

Back four
Frenkie
Arthur coutinho
Messi suarez griez

Who knows what this transfer window would offer in terms of prices, with our expensive assets underperforming last season their prices are at the lowest point out of quality bunch of players by far, and my opinion is that we should get rid of rakitic and umtiti if todibo comes back from loan and thats it. If we could trade coutinho for kante in a straight swap deal no cash included that would be the only reasonable jackpot transfer that we would actually gain something.

Other then that we should be patient until we see how would we look under setien with everyone available, and pull our moves at winter transfer window when things could be back in normal in terms of global situation and prices of players.

Your line-up is definitely better but wheer are you going to find the money from?

Hakimi - 60 m.
Haaland - 80 m.
Sane - 88 mil.
Kane - 132 m.
Mbappe - 220 m.:)

Andresito

Staff member
We all wish the best for our team and we hope that one day Barcelona will be back at the top of Europe. We can dream, right? Dreams are free. But, at the end of the day we all face the same reality of the moment. Our incompetent board, president and technical department. I made that starting XI as the most realistic scenario, with only two new additions and you find a reason to bite again!?! You are one of the people here who are trying always to act like a judges without giving any constructive ideas. This forum has admin and several mods. We don't need someone like you to judge continuously every single post. You have to understand this ones for ever. I have my point of view, you have your. We don't need to agree to each other all the time. I have not liked some of your posts, but never quoted you the way you are doing to me. You should stop that or I'll block you. Your post is total nonsense and I don't think I have to answer to it.

Of course, but you need to be prepared to answer for what you say. I'm just pointing out the faults in your posts, now most recently your obsession with Trincao.

It's easier to point at the problems than find solutions for our team. And I'll give you credit for trying, but compared to the majority of the forum your proposed solutions stand out.
You once pointed out that a member here (don't remember who) "obviously lacked football knowledge", and it kinda felt like Riqui Puig walking up to an opponent saying "you're skinny".

I'll leave it at that.

Home of Barca Fans