Ousmane Dembélé

EdmondDantes

It's Fati who should And earned in a couple of games the starting place instead of Suarez. The only obstacles now are football unrelated: seniority, pricetags, etc..

Perez has quietly done quite well too. He's got good technique, pace to burn and is a literal tireless worker like Pedro once was for us.

Dembele's speed is needed for sure - but we need better decision making from him. We also need work rate as Messi and now Suarez tend to not press much.

Fati and Perez tick all the boxes for what we need to get a better balanced front 3 right now but they lack experience/manager's trust.

Dembele tried to dribble through people in front of the goal when he should have been shooting or passing. That was dumb.

Dumber is the coaching staff not pointing it out to him.

snowy

Tell me on those counters he didn't look like that scene from Forrest Gump when Forrest runs out of his house.

at least, he didn't run out of the stadium and keep on strolling the Al Andalus Ultimate Trail !!!

He carries the ball with such ease! coach should tell him to just shoot without worries or pass the ball into the box.

His passing/crossing is way more tentative than his BVB days _ like he's afraid to make a mistake and getting shot by Pistolero

so if he's Forrest ... who in the team is Mr Rogers :thinking:

Potroh

All he can do at this point is dribble, he’s pretty useful at that..but for 130m it’s a joke.

Yes but I doubt dribbles are directly proportional to his buying price my friend...

He is speedy like a bullet, a very unpredictable dribbler, has a good shot, absolutely multi-footed, etc. Features that many players and coaches just dream for.

If you look at his best period at Barca, you will see that the difference is his confidence, which was fleeced off by the wise coach with the cucumber face.

PhilS

When he gets the ball, he should always go for his shot. His passing is so poor, but he'll score sometimes, and get fouled quite a bit. He continues to tantalize, and continues to deliver not much at all.

snowy

When he gets the ball, he should always go for his shot. His passing is so poor, but he'll score sometimes, and get fouled quite a bit. He continues to tantalize, and continues to deliver not much at all.

whenever he got the ball, crowd went WILD!!! And that was in Prague lol

Dude's more electric than an EDF dam. Buzzzzzes wag :cool:

It's like Couti who was playing well for Braz and now for B, it's not like he lost his mojo. He just needs to loosen up a bit and kick the ball in the air like he just don't care.

He's almost there! Klopp n Tuch are salivating after him like hungry wolves!!!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Whenever he dribbles or at least tries to dribble, it just seem like he's never in control. Unless he got space to operate he's a dispossession machine which is why he likely won't be at Barca next season.

And I don't believe the arguments about Pep making him much better. Look at Sané and Sterling's ball control and dribbling style. Their ball retention and dribbling is tight.

Ousmane's is more of a kick and run, do a crochet and either score a well placed goal or shoot it to the moon.

He's like a poor man's Alexis Sanchez. Probably more talented, but less efficient. I think a lot of our fans are so invested in him because:

1. They're fans. The club made a big investment in him and they don't want to accept that Dembele may just never be it for Barcelona or another top team.

2. They're tired of Suarez, and would rather have Dembele play most games, and I don't blame them and might be inclined to agree here for the lack of better options

3. They're busy blaming Valverde for all of his flaws. Can blame Ernie for not always putting him in the best positions to succeed, but even God himself can not make Dembele's ball control, retention, shooting more efficient and better.

I don't buy the generational talent at Borussia Dortmund argument.

Look at Alexis Sanchez at Udinese. He was fucking outstanding, so good in Italy. Still hit his ceiling at Arsenal. Just not made for elite teams.

Dembele has two years left on his contract this summer. It's the time to sell or renew his contract. You don't let him run it down to one year and risk him leaving for free or you having absolutely no power at the negotiating table whether it's a sale or a contract renewal.

Do anyone here seriously believe that Barca should renew his contract and offer him better terms based on what he's showed so far? Please be honest.

Last edited:

Riordon

Do anyone here seriously believe that Barca should renew his contract and offer him better terms based on what he's showed so far? Please be honest.

Good post. We should definitely not offer him a new contract on improved terms, I would sell him this summer. I have seen enough to conclude he won't make it here. But if we are being serious: Which club would be willing to pay anything close to what we paid? I cant even see which club would be willing to pay 70-80m.....

Home of Barca Fans