Ousmane Dembélé

JamDav1982

Nah you're just a grown ass man that loves to argue in the internet like like a little bitch or Karen.

But like I've said multiple times around this forum, raphinha has come up with many vital, goals & assist!! That won is very important points.

Nah...fake news.

Ferran for the 3 points today.

What 'vital assists' included in your 9 points?

Usual drivel.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Raphinha is a good player although not a player I feel like we must have as his performances tend to be average or mediocre even if he's providing key assists and goals. If he stays then good. If he leaves and they can find an upgrade then that's good too!

Most likely they cannot find an upgrade and we need two new LWs instead as both Ansu and Ferran are awful wingers and need to be sold.

jamrock

Jammy taking things far too literal again :lol:

Not sure what's there to gain from downplaying Raphina's impact on our League campaign either. He's not an amazing player by any means, but has been vital. Kudos to him.
Exactly

It's that simple really.

I even called out myself, saying I thought he's push Dembele out the team and that hasn't happened.

Doesn't mean I ignore the fact that he's coming up big for us in many games in the league this season.

ajnotkeith

His first season has shown that he can't be a starter. He's like the Barca equivalent of Asensio - scoring goals, adding assists, but not a top player and very frustrating. As a squad player, he's okay, but more was expected of him.

I just don't see him raising his level next year, happy to be proven wrong.

However, given that Ferran and Ansu are worse, the priority is two left wingers. Dembele may not renew and he is injury prone, so if we sell Raphinha another RW is needed anyway.

Maybe Yamal will become a first-team player at 16, who knows.
Asensio maybe comparison only in terms of the goals and assists but as players, they are very different.

The key thing about Raphinha is he can keep up a top physical level for the entire game and always be available in defense and attack, to track back or to stretch the backline, make a run on the counter, pressure the ballcarrier etc, it is important to have intense players like him in such a demanding system physically, where there is an aggressive press almost the entire game.

With Dembele you gain a lot more offensively but probably lose some in defense.

DonAK

Honestly dream pair of wingers would be Dembele/Raphinha for the RW and then Rafael Leao/Abde for the LW while signing someone like Prestianni who looks like the real deal for the future.

Doubt we could afford Leao though sadly. Even if he doesn't renew his contract he'll probably be sold to some PL club in the summer.

Could you imagine that Leao - Lewandowski/Roque - Dembele frontline though?

mc_lovin

As said I am sure the last debate had on him you said just didnt have the quality.

I don't recall, but he doesn't have the quality?! Isn't that your argument now? Still has done more for us than Dembele this season :facepalm:

Pretty indifferent towards cashing in on him or not as well.

DonAK

Who cares? Ansu and Ferran need to be sold. Abde would be cheap cover until able to afford better cover/competition.

jamrock

We'd lost a lot defensively with that pair on the wings, but they'd probably make up for it offensively.

You need a guy on the other side, that's a bit of a worker.

If raphinha could play on the left, he would be perfect, he would have a FB to play off as well which would get the best out of him.

Basically Pedro

The Dembele does Dembele things while fit and we hope his cover can be productive when he goes out for is annual 2-4 months.

Leao is class though.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't recall, but he doesn't have the quality?! Isn't that your argument now? Still has done more for us than Dembele this season :facepalm:

Pretty indifferent towards cashing in on him or not as well.

No. My point on Raph is he isnt suited to way Xavi currently plays and needs an attacking RB.. even with some goals the attack as a whole suffers too often.

Dembele suits it better and Raph is too expensive as a back up when team needs new signings.

mc_lovin

No. My point on Raph is he isnt suited to way Xavi currently plays and needs an attacking RB.

Dembele suits it better and Raph is too expensive as a back up.

Not really on Xavi, when we don't have an offensive RB, eh?

Anyway we have to see what shenanigans Dembele's agent is up to when making a decision. Pretty much in favour of selling Raphina if we can get Messi, even though I really appreciate his runs and physicality (would also benefit Messi if he plays midfield).

JamDav1982

Not really on Xavi, when we don't have an offensive RB, eh?

Anyway we have to see what shenanigans Dembele's agent is up to when making a decision. Pretty much in favour of selling Raphina if we can get Messi, even though I really appreciate his runs and physicality (would also benefit Messi if he plays midfield).

Is on Xavi when he doesnt buy an offensive RB eh...

Terrble argument that.

Dembele leaving is a seperate argument.

Home of Barca Fans