Noussair Mazraoui

Messi983

I read that he is quite injury-prone. Any truth to it?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/noussair-mazraoui/verletzungen/spieler/340456

Well, he's no Dembele but has missed games with a lot of smaller injuries/knocks. Looks like no serious injury though except that eye injury which was probably more of a rare/freak accident. Ajax fans here can probably tell more about that but I've found this.

In February, Noussair Mazraoui got hit with a ball on his eye which damaged his eyesight. He couldn?t train with the squad for the past 2 months.

https://twitter.com/theeuropeanlad/status/1380079160777904130

Still don't think that should prevent us from signing him on a free, we'll most likely have a good depth at RB position anyway (Alves will reportedly stay, Azpi could also be signed and we still have Dest as well) if he'd miss some time.

gregorrin10

Is he better than Dest?

Took his starting spot while both of them were at Ajax, so I would imagine so. :thinking: Although I considered Dest to be pretty raw and still do, but with possible higher ceiling. Hopefully Xavi is finally the one, who can get him there. But getting Mazraoui in for competition would be massive too. Mazraoui and Dest to fight for that starting spot week in week out, and our RB is sorted for years hopefully. And we can do it this summer without paying any transfer fees at all. A must in my opinion. Especially when we have a few other positions we need sorted as well, for which we will have to pay serious money just to get them in.

Birdy

Rumous today he chose Barca.
Top RB prospect.
TBH he is the only 'free agent opportunity' signing that I like.
Together with Dest, the RB position is their own for the next 10 years at Barca

Birdy

Dest will leave.

Nope, too bad for you you always come up with the same shit in this thread.
Thankfully for us, the most reliable journo close to Xavi, confirmed last week that if we sign both Mazraoui and Azpli, Dani will leave
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
[ @fansjavimiguel��] | The club have NOT yet decided to renew Dani Alves contract.
The bet to go on a Sergi?o Dest and the possible arrival of Mazraoui and Azpilicueta may close the door on the Brazilian’s stay. The club will decide on that at the end of the season. #fcblive

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Nope, too bad for you you always come up with the same shit in this thread.
Thankfully for us, the most reliable journo close to Xavi, confirmed last week that if we sign both Mazraoui and Azpli, Dani will leave
[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
[ @fansjavimiguel��] | The club have NOT yet decided to renew Dani Alves contract.
The bet to go on a Sergi?o Dest and the possible arrival of Mazraoui and Azpilicueta may close the door on the Brazilian?s stay. The club will decide on that at the end of the season. #fcblive

Lets see but the club will try to get him out in summer and wont be anywhere near starting RB at club.

Maybe this will be first one you are right on. Cant see it.

Thats the same journalist you quoted to show 'Alemany will never let Dembele play again!'.

Porque

Possibly Dest would be a rotation option for LB and RB. He clearly has a capacity for LB although the level is still in question. But may be smart seeing as Alba is back to a good level and the market isn't offering strong solutions.

Got to go with Jammy though. My hunch is we will sell Dest.

JamDav1982

Only way can see him staying is if there are no real decent offers for him and they keep him as back up LB but as a RB.. his days are numbered would seem.

Andresito

Staff member
20/25m probably unless has strong finish to season.

Cant see getting much more than that and if dont could see them loaning him in hope can raise it.

Would be unwise to enter the season with Alba, Alves, Mazraoui and Azpi as our fullbacks. I really don't think the club will actively look to get rid of Dest yet. I'd much rather prefer to have Dest for another season and get one of the free LB's next year.

JamDav1982

Would be unwise to enter the season with Alba, Alves, Mazraoui and Azpi as our fullbacks. I really don't think the club will actively look to get rid of Dest yet. I'd much rather prefer to have Dest for another season and get one of the free LB's next year.

Fair chance they will sign a back up left back would think.

Andresito

Staff member
Fair chance they will sign a back up left back would think.

Yeah probably Gaya or Grimaldo, but IMO would be a waste of money unless they are desperate to leave now instead of waiting for 2023. Can probably sell Dest for same amount next year.

JamDav1982

Yeah probably Gaya or Grimaldo, but IMO would be a waste of money unless they are desperate to leave now instead of waiting for 2023. Can probably sell Dest for same amount next year.

I would think Dest fee would go down after a year of being back up left back.

Or they move for likes of Lucas Hernadez who could cover both CB and LB.

Home of Barca Fans