Nico Gonzalez

Porque

Worth noting that he is now a starter for Porto.

Conceicao previously commented when he wasn't playing, that he was still adapting physically. You may remember how easily he gassed when with us.

So we may see him turn into a very good player of the next year's if this continues

Fuck knows how he has been performing though, haven't watched them since we played em.

JamDav1982

The way team plays now probably suits him more than when last in squad.

The deeper mids but with bit of freedom to move forward.

Sometimes players his size take a bit of time to settle then explode.

Porque

Worth a read considering Conceicao may be our next coach.

One of the comments mentions Xavi preferring Oriol Romeu to Nico.

When you think about it like that, imagine selling Nico for 8 just to sign Oriol for 4. Incredible.

Porque

I'm glad he is doing well after a tough start.

I think we could have structured the sale better considering we held the cards, but that's what happens when you get in bed with Mendes and without a backbone.

Clearly the buyback clause was never intended to be used.

Messi983

I'm glad he is doing well after a tough start.

I think we could have structured the sale better considering we held the cards, but that's what happens when you get in bed with Mendes and without a backbone.

Clearly the buyback clause was never intended to be used.

Yep.

Tbf would be the best for us if some PL club would be willing to pay 40-50m for him based on a few good months and we get 10-15m of that to waste it on another Oreo.

Porque

His performance against Benfica did not go unnoticed. "Since 'Lucho' (González) I don't remember that Porto signed a medium with so much class. He parades around the field ," said Francisco Silva , journalist for 'Zero Zero'.

Andresito

Staff member
Why not? The clause is active until 2025. One full year at Porto as established starter and with hopefully better finances, 30m could be a good deal in 2025.

He needs to rack up some 90s though. He's played 90 minutes just once from 13 starts.

Messi983

I think we should be able to find a better player for 30m (if we could even afford to spend that much on a single player by then).

Also, shouldn't really wait until next year to get a DM. Hopefully our plan is not to sign another oldie like Jorginho.

Home of Barca Fans