Nico Gonzalez

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's got the right instincts to be a Barca pivot/interior despite his gargantuan size (which is also a massive plus). Little touches, turns and feints all to create space and time for the next pass. I hope he keeps impressing.

Last edited:

Bobo32

I am still not convinced - although I of course very much like him and rate him higher than most I'd think...
But he turns the wrong way and seems a bit unaware too often, like today when he got that freekick, he had no idea there was another Juventus midfielder there to cover but he turned blindly and was lucky to be clipped by the presser. Of course at other times it works out very well.

I am still not convinced - although I of course very much like him and rate him higher than most I'd think...
But he turns the wrong way and seems a bit unaware too often, like today when he got that freekick, he had no idea there was another Juventus midfielder there to cover but he turned blindly and was lucky to be clipped by the presser. Of course at other times it works out very well.

Perfect summary. He's not a good midfielder he needs to focus on dm and study defense. He can be good there but he's too slow and stiff for a cm

Porque

Any other game and that's a perfect tackle.

Who would of expected the freekick goal too. What a cracker.

ajnotkeith

In the B I thought he was really good, since being involved in the first team he hasn't impressed very much although in his position he doesn't have much attention on him, easy to forget if he's doing things well. Koeman really likes him tho as he's big but for a big guy he isn't very physical and avoids duels, needs to improve this side of his game to be a good DM

Porque

I could be wrong but it seems Koeman is trying him in the Ilaix role. I'm not convinced that is the right move for Nico.

Porque

Why would you think that when he subbed him in for busquets

Tested him in pre-season there and took up a right sided mid role in possession.

Ilaix was on the left of the trio admittedly, but I see Koeman putting him further up the field with Roberto behind him.

Home of Barca Fans