N'Golo Kante

Blackened

People love him because of his workrate and apparent humility but come on with the "best in the world" crap. He is a more likable Casemiro.

cracken

People love him because of his workrate and apparent humility but come on with the "best in the world" crap. He is a more likable Casemiro.

...Casemiro is also in the discussion of "best in the world " midfielders.

I'm curious as to why you don't think a player who's pretty much the engine of world cup-winning and CL-winning teams is potentially the best in the world.

Devils

I'm curious as to why you don't think a player who's pretty much the engine of world cup-winning and CL-winning teams is potentially the best in the world.

Ans 2 EPL winning teams, one being Leicester.

He was a top 3 player in every single one of those teams too. Lol.

Best player in the world.

malvolio

because as much as he works his socks off, natural talent and skill will prevail.

take busquets for example. he had double the talent on the ball as kante and was an important player for sides that won it all. but he wasn't in contention for best in the world because he had xavi and iniesta as colleagues.

kante shinned alongside some mediocre midfield partners. jorginho, mount, havertz, pogba, matuidi, drinkwater or king aren't/weren't xavi or iniesta.

kante is definitely good, but best in the world? nah

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
because as much as he works his socks off, natural talent and skill will prevail.

take busquets for example. he had double the talent on the ball as kante and was an important player for sides that won it all. but he wasn't in contention for best in the world because he had xavi and iniesta as colleagues.

kante shinned alongside some mediocre midfield partners. jorginho, mount, havertz, pogba, matuidi, drinkwater or king aren't/weren't xavi or iniesta.

kante is definitely good, but best in the world? nah

I think you're underselling Kante. He is one of the best ball winners I've ever seen. Not the best CM in the world but definitely best in his role.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
yeah, but discussion was about best player in the world. not best ball winner.

Ah, yes, but he still can win the Ballon. It definitely hinges more on media hype and the Kante hype train is through the roof right now. If they give it to him, it will be very much in the vein of Modric's Bdor - not necessarily for the season, but for his overall performances throughout career. I think he deserves one for what he's achieved tbh.

malvolio

Ah, yes, but he still can win the Ballon. It definitely hinges more on media hype and the Kante hype train is through the roof right now. If they give it to him, it will be very much in the vein of Modric's Bdor - not necessarily for the season, but for his overall performances throughout career. I think he deserves one for what he's achieved tbh.

france will fail at the euros hopefully. all the hype around kante's persona is nauseating.

Home of Barca Fans