Neymar Jr.

DAMNit

People at the club wanted Neymar, the interest was real, but FC Barcelona did not even start the complicated financial process with PSG to sign Neymar for one reason: Xavi.
@FabrizioRomano

All of Joan Laporta, Mateu Alemany, Rafa Yuste & Deco wanted to sign Neymar this summer, but Xavi wasn't convinced.
@FabrizioRomano
If this is true, and Xavi fails again this season he should be kicked out. We can't be fooled with winning domestic titles any longer. Barca is bigger than that. We need to at least put up a decent appearance in the UCL, the current team can't do that.

Messigician

The clown had major luck from a financial perspective.

He was the only major talent to break trough from Brazil after the Rivaldo/R9/Ronaldinho/Kaka generation. Barca and Real were fighting at the time for his signature and both clubs had money. Then he got on the state run clubs train and fooled PSG. Now he is getting on-board another cash train with the SA shopping spree in full swing.

I think he'll even do MLS in 2-3 seasons.
L take

With his talent he would have made money and won ballon dor here

Instead basically killed the club by making us sign dembele coutinho and Griezmann lol

iniestaGOAT

L take for sure

Neymar is one of those unlucky ones who got to play in the trash generation of Brazil so never managed to win the world cup

malvolio

So it's an L take because this clown made some decisions based on money. Remember, he even choosed Barca because we paid shady bonuses to him and his father.

bismp

Well, to be fair, as someone else pointed out, 31 years in age of the modern Brazilian attacker is like 35 for everyone else:

Rivaldo at 31 was finished in Europe having spent a season as a substitute in Milan and then went back in Brazil to play football and then Olympiacos.

Ronaldinho at 31 was the same story, failed miserably in Milan and went back to Brazil

R9 at 31 was already irrelevant the past 2-3 seasons and was barely playing at Milan, before going back to Brazil

Even Kaka at 31 was almost done, he played a final „ok“ season in a mediocre Milan and then went back to Brazil.

And we are not even talking about guys like Adriano, Robinho etc.

If anything, Neymar is still relevant today. Still fucking absurd though :lol: :lol: :lol: He surely could go to a big team and at least try to compete (although I doubt he could achieve anything of note), but he threw all away for the money…With this move he also basically admits that his window to win anything meaningful with Brazil as the main man has closed down. What a waste…

Had he stayed at Barca, I think we would have won at least one more UCL. He would always be in Messi‘s shadow, but he would have had a better career than now.

iniestaGOAT

Well, to be fair, as someone else pointed out, 31 years in age of the modern Brazilian attacker is like 35 for everyone else:

Rivaldo at 31 was finished in Europe having spent a season as a substitute in Milan and then went back in Brazil to play football and then Olympiacos.

Ronaldinho at 31 was the same story, failed miserably in Milan and went back to Brazil

R9 at 31 was already irrelevant the past 2-3 seasons and was barely playing at Milan, before going back to Brazil

Even Kaka at 31 was almost done, he played a final „ok“ season in a mediocre Milan and then went back to Brazil.

And we are not even talking about guys like Adriano, Robinho etc.

If anything, Neymar is still relevant today. Still fucking absurd though :lol: :lol: :lol: He surely could go to a big team and at least try to compete (although I doubt he could achieve anything of note), but he threw all away for the money…With this move he also basically admits that his window to win anything meaningful with Brazil as the main man has closed down. What a waste…

Had he stayed at Barca, I think we would have won at least one more UCL. He would always be in Messi‘s shadow, but he would have had a better career than now.

Those other names you mentioned, their careers were complete. If not, they were pretty good.

Neymar still has a lot of unfinished business, but he is running away

Temptation

Those other names you mentioned, their careers were complete. If not, they were pretty good.

Neymar still has a lot of unfinished business, but he is running away
Coz those names are better players.

Neymar just got more publicity and marketing coz he was the biggest talent in a different generation. It's about the timing of his emergence.

Don't wanna hear any of the "natural ability" crap. Quaresma isn't a superstar, is he? It's all about what you actually produce.

Temptation

We have nobody who can take a half decent corner or free kick.

We have nobody who can dribble a man and have an end product on the end of the dribble.

We have nobody who can thread a ball through the eye of a needle.

Neymar would have solved all those problems in one. We win that game yesterday if we had Neymar, no doubt.
OR,

Neymar gets injured by Getafe thugs constantly kicking lumps outta him and is ruled out for months wasting the weekly 700k he's on.

The difference between him and Messi is that Messi has an insanely durable and strong body and can take a lot of manhandling and fouls. Neymar has a skinny terrible physique.

DAMNit

Coz those names are better players.

Neymar just got more publicity and marketing coz he was the biggest talent in a different generation. It's about the timing of his emergence.

Don't wanna hear any of the "natural ability" crap. Quaresma isn't a superstar, is he? It's all about what you actually produce.
I beg to differ. Unlike most I watched all those players play and neither Kaka, nor Rivaldo were better players than Neymar. Neymar just never reached his full potential due to his P$G move

Temptation

I beg to differ. Unlike most I watched all those players play and neither Kaka, nor Rivaldo were better players than Neymar. Neymar just never reached his full potential due to his P$G move
Kaka was insane in his peak. He used to singlehandedly wreck big European teams. He was very direct and physically strong along with being one of the fastest players ever. Kaka's one man counter attacks were enough to beat top European sides and his credentials as a main man surpass anything Neymar has done as a main man.

There was a 2 year period when he was the best player in the world.

DAMNit

Kaka was insane in his peak. He used to singlehandedly wreck big European teams. He was very direct and physically strong along with being one of the fastest players ever. Kaka's one man counter attacks were enough to beat top European sides and his credentials as a main man surpass anything Neymar has done as a main man.

There was a 2 year period when he was the best player in the world.
Kaka wasn't skillful or exceptionally gifted at anything, his play style was very "90's European" than South American flair. He just had resilience and insane strength to burn. Never stood out to me.

Temptation

Kaka wasn't skillful or exceptionally gifted at anything, his play style was very "90's European" than South American flair. He just had resilience and insane strength to burn. Never stood out to me.

He was an amazing long shooter and passer. That's skill.

Skills don't just mean doing tricks and flicks.

Kaka was amazing on the ball. He wouldn't be rated as the best itw if he didn't have skills.

The fact that his immense physicality was there in addition to skills made him special.

Reactions: BJJ

malvolio

Exactly as Temptation said. Neymar was just lucky to play in an era driven by marketing and money. He would have been a Denilson 20-25 years ago.

Rivaldo/R9/Kaka/Ronaldinho were all better players at their peak. All had better phisique than Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans