Neymar Jr.

BarcaOG

Banned
lol neymar is the definition of an absolute clown and wasted potential due to unprofessionalism and a toxic agent ...about to be 30 and wont ever win a ballon dor when he was supposed to be the next big thing after Messi and CR...5 years ago :facepalm:

im glad they gave us 220m for him....frustrated barto wasted it all. oh well

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not Mbappe's greatest fan, since he's turning into a one-trick pony IMO, but he's worth pursuing no doubt.

Aint no problem with being a one-trick pony if you're incredible at that one trick.

Anyway Mbappe is very young and even though we don't see it, still developing and learning how to play at the highest level. Playing in France have stalled his development. Don't count him out developing new tricks when he has to challenge himself.

Laplacian

Hes not exactly awe inspiring on a technical/dribbling level, but calling him a one trick pony is a bit much I agree.

EXACTLY, I dont get what they're saying???

This forum frustrates me to end. Once again, this dude is 22 yrs old and has been scoring at an insane rate SINCE HIS DEBUT SEASON AT THE AGE OF 18.

25~ goals in half a season, about 8~ of them in the UCL in 2016/2017.
2017/2018 over 20~ goals for PSG, multiple goals in the world cup including KO stages, INCLUDING A GOAL IN THE FINAL.
2018/2019 over 30 goals
2019/2020 over 40 goals
2020/2021 over 40 goals and it's still March, 10 goals in the UCL.

Plays LW exceptionally well, plays RW exceptionally well (though not as good as LW), and plays striker rather well (but prefers LW).
Can dribble around the keeper and score. Scores chips. Scores on the right. Scores on the left. Scores from tight angles. Poaches goal like a poaching striker with great movement in the 16 yard box. Scores headed goals. Scores solo goals. Deadly during counters. Deadly during set pieces. Once again, over 40 goals at the age of 22.

But because he's ball playing ability isn't as good as say Neymar's, Hazard's or Messi's...onE TrIcK POnYYYYY.

Yes, his dribbling isn't impressive but goddamn look at his strengths and look at what we have in our team. Fati, Dembele, Griezmann, and Coutinho can't produce not even HALF of what this guy has been producing for PSG in the past few years. This year, not even MESSI matches Mbappe's production.

But, "meh I'd rather have Dembele, Fati, Griezmann."

This is the equivalent of rejecting Giselle Bundchen because she has ashy elbows.

(I'm done ranting now.)

fergus90

Mbappe has 151 goals in 253 games and he's only twenty-two years old plus he's fast as fuck. I cannot see why anyone would not want him at your club.

El Guaje

This forum frustrates me to end. Once again, this dude is 22 yrs old and has been scoring at an insane rate SINCE HIS DEBUT SEASON AT THE AGE OF 18.

2017/2018 over 20~ goals for PSG, multiple goals in the world cup including KO stages, INCLUDING A GOAL IN THE FINAL.
2018/2019 over 30 goals
2019/2020 over 40 goals

Plays LW exceptionally well, plays RW exceptionally well (though not as good as LW), and plays striker rather well (but prefers LW).
Can dribble around the keeper and score. Scores chips. Scores on the right. Scores on the left. Scores from tight angles. Poaches goal like a poaching striker with great movement in the 16 yard box. Scores headed goals. Scores solo goals. Deadly during counters. Deadly during set pieces. Once again, over 40 goals at the age of 22.

But because he's ball playing ability isn't as good as say Neymar's, Hazard's or Messi's...onE TrIcK POnYYYYY.

Yes, his dribbling isn't impressive but goddamn look at his strengths and look at what we have in our team. Fati, Dembele, Griezmann, and Coutinho can't produce not even HALF of what this guy has been producing for PSG in the past few years. This year, not even MESSI matches Mbappe's production.

But, "meh I'd rather have Dembele, Fati, Griezmann."

This is the equivalent of rejecting Giselle Bundchen because she has ashy elbows.

(I'm done ranting now.)

Better to just get Lautaro because muh bArCa dNa ��

Luis Suarez

Mbappe has 151 goals in 253 games and he's only twenty-two years old plus he's fast as fuck. I cannot see why anyone would not want him at your club.

Surprised few ppl want Mbappe with us. I'd take him over all the other talents out there. If we do get him it'd make us instant Champions League favourites. And that's with our virtually non existent defense.

Laplacian

Yes, it's the weirdest thing ever. The language used here by certain users makes Mbappe look like a midtable player, with the reluctance to take him here due to his weaknesses and claims of being one-dimensional. It doesn't at all look like they're describing the best left winger in the world.

Porque

We just started playing a system which exploits Dembele's raw pace and we're questioning if Mbappe would be a good option.

Of course he would be, he would be the perfect fit, in the sense that we wouldn't need to change anything in the current setup. Just put Mbappe where Dembele is and watch the goals actually be converted.

With Dembele's and Mbappes contracts both up in 2022, if renewing is getting tough for both then how about we try and work something out with PSG.

Mitchell1978

2018/2019 over 30 goals
2019/2020 over 40 goals

those numbers aren't remotely correct
He has 30 goals in 37 games this season, 30 in 37 also last season, 39 in 43 in 2018-19 and 21 in 46 in 2017-18 and 26 in 44 in his last season for Monaco

He has great numbers but imo he has not progressed the last 2 seasons while being at an age when players normally still develop a lot, he's still world class though.

serghei

We just started playing a system which exploits Dembele's raw pace and we're questioning if Mbappe would be a good option.

Of course he would be, he would be the perfect fit, in the sense that we wouldn't need to change anything in the current setup. Just put Mbappe where Dembele is and watch the goals actually be converted.

With Dembele's and Mbappes contracts both up in 2022, if renewing is getting tough for both then how about we try and work something out with PSG.

Tbh, I can see PSG wanting both Dembele and Griezmann if they can't keep Mbappe.

Laplacian

those numbers aren't remotely correct
He has 30 goals in 37 games this season, 30 in 37 also last season, 39 in 43 in 2018-19 and 21 in 46 in 2017-18 and 26 in 44 in his last season for Monaco

He has great numbers but imo he has not progressed the last 2 seasons while being at an age when players normally still develop a lot, he's still world class though.

Weird, I could have sworn I read 43 at whoscored earlier today on my phone. Regardless, great numbers and would be a great improvement over what we have.

EDIT: Nvm I know why, I was reading combined goals and assists.

Home of Barca Fans