Neymar Jr.

Newcomer

I understand why PSG want to make it as difficult as possible for Neymar to leave. If they let him leave it will open up a door for Mbappé to leave in a year or two and that will be the end of PSGs project.

Since my fellow PSG fan talked about Pogba, i'll use his example.

Zidane and Real wanted Pogba. Pogba wanted to leave and even said it publicly. Even his brother(s) said it (in Chiringuito?). Now, Real didn't fork out the money MU is believed to ask (180-200 M€). What happened ? Nothing.

Here, PSG is even accepting players in the transaction. And it is the end of the window (meaning PSG can't even turn around to pick players of their choices). I can't imagine how you think PSG is being difficult here.

Zica

Well if your prefer listen the crap news from the usual As, Sport, Mundo Deportivo, Marca and other shits, it's your right but i want take time trying to convince you. I am a parisian suporter. I live with parisian suporters. All of them wants him to stay. They love him.Which is not my case personally. I always said, i recognize him as a Great player but a little man.

I understand that. But these were interviews of actual fans outside the stadium. Not just made up out of thin air. It seemed like it was like 65-70% OK with him leaving. None looked like Ultras. And didn't L'Equipe do a poll online with 70%+ wanting him to leave ? Bunch of ultras ? Or manipulated ? Any chance your circle of supporter fans is not representative of the overall picture ? I can see how you'd have him to stay, but man ... actually love him ? He has given PSG fans plenty of reasons to dislike him. Pretty incredible.

xxxxxx

Barca can make a good offer of 170m including players, but you want 210m-222m which we don't have and wouldn't pay even if we had it.

We can wait or simply move on to better targets. PSG will eventually end up selling for 170m next year anyway.

They'd be lucky to get 170m euros for next season. If he has another big injury again (which is likely) and doesn't perform well on the pitch, say goodbye to that 170m euros. They're running a big risk.

We can live without Neymar. Yeah, he would make us better. But we need a good coach more than we need a good player.

Lutece FC

Barca can make a good offer of 170m including players, but you want 210m-222m which we don't have and wouldn't pay even if we had it.

We can wait or simply move on to better targets. PSG will eventually end up selling for 170m next year anyway.

No no. When the market values Maguire 87 M€, Lukaku 82 M€ or Griezman 120 M€, you will always be able to sell him the price asked by Paris Saint-Germain. The reality is simple : Barca has not the money. It doesn't mean that if Barca had money, they would not pay what Paris asked.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No no. When the market values Maguire 87 M€, Lukaku 82 M€ or Griezman 120 M€, you will always be able to sell him the price asked by Paris Saint-Germain. The reality is simple : Barca has not the money. It doesn't mean that if Barca had money, they would not pay what Paris asked.

You think you will get 210m next summer? The point is that Barca are not desperate enough to dish out the money PSG want and you'll not be in a position to demand the same a year later.

I don't mind if you keep him and we simply move on. Neymar's made his bed, should lie in it and cry if he want to.

Zidane and Real wanted Pogba. Pogba wanted to leave and even said it publicly. Even his brother(s) said it (in Chiringuito?). Now, Real didn't fork out the money MU is believed to ask (180-200 M€). What happened ? Nothing.

Here, PSG is even accepting players in the transaction. And it is the end of the window (meaning PSG can't even turn around to pick players of their choices). I can't imagine how you think PSG is being difficult here.

Man Utd is hardly a great example of a well run football club. They should have accepted 150-160m for Pogba. He'll have a year left in his contract next year and they'll have to sell him for 120-130m.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Because they know damn well Neymar is not worth 220m euros. He's been injured the last 2 seasons, wants out and only wants to move to Barcelona.

At Max Neymar is only worth between 160m to 170m.... and that's me being generous.

Newcomer

I understand that. But these were interviews of actual fans outside the stadium. Not just made up out of thin air. It seemed like it was like 65-70% OK with him leaving. None looked like Ultras. And didn't L'Equipe do a poll online with 70%+ wanting him to leave ? Bunch of ultras ? Or manipulated ? Any chance your circle of supporter fans is not representative of the overall picture ? I can see how you'd have him to stay, but man ... actually love him ? He has given PSG fans plenty of reasons to dislike him. Pretty incredible.

And it is normal. The guy has not played for the clubs since a long time and wish to leave.

Football fans are fickle. Umtiti was loved like a god (picture with Puyol hair) and now a lot of Barça fans want to show him the exit.
As soon as Neymar will perform again, they'll say "he is a cunt, but he is our cunt + he is pretty good". They won't love him but they'll appreciate his talent.

A recent example is Verratti. He was hated and deemed a traitor by the fans when he wished to leave. He has still not got back the "love" of the fans but they appreciate his talent and wish he would stay longer.

Zica

If they are not lowering their ask at all, then they are being difficult. Which is fine. They feel Neymar is worth a certain amount. But if you're not willing to meet half way or something like that, then you're not negotiating. Seems like they are willing to test Neymar's professionalism to play in a place he is clearly unhappy. Not only that, they have to hope there is no recurrence of injury. Those 2 factors typically would cause the selling side to be somewhat flexible and cut their losses because they are holding on to a risky asset.

xxxxxx

Grizemann was worth the 120m euros. He's performed at the highest level for the past 5 season and hasn't been injured like Neymar has. Plus, Grizemann didn't sulk before he moved to Barcelona.

You honestly can't believe Neymar is worth anywhere close to 220m euros. It's a pretty stupid price.

Newcomer

Because they know damn well Neymar is not worth 220m euros. He's been injured the last 2 seasons, wants out and only wants to move to Barcelona.

At Max Neymar is only worth between 160m to 170m.... and that's me being generous.

This is your valuation and maybe Barça valuation but not PSG valuation.

You are acting as if you are new to transfers. Was Maguire really worth 93 M ? No. But it was what Leicester was asking. If you don't want to pay the price, you can't blame the selling club. Imagine you want to buy an house worth 250 k€ in your book but the selling person wants 350 k€. What will happen ? Will you be justified to say they are being difficult ? Especially when you have just spent 120 k€ to buy your new car (Griezmann) ?

Last edited:

Zica

Good luck getting over 200m for him next year. He will need a big turnaround year for that to happen. The market is saying 200m+ is too high. Nobody wants to pay that. Madrid passed on Pogba for 180m. They might be able to afford it, but they don't want to pay it. Fact is, PSG overpaid for Neymar. Barca followed suit and overpaid for Dembele and Coutinho. Plain and simple.

Lutece FC

You think you will get 210m next summer? The point is that Barca are not desperate enough to dish out the money PSG want and you'll not be in a position to demand the same a year later.

I don't mind if you keep him and we simply move on. Neymar's made his bed, should lie in it and cry if he want to.

Well i thought the same thing in the beginning. You can read my posts in July here. I said, that i suspect the Barca board to not want him in reality, and they moved only to send a message to the squad whish push a lot for Neymar. But as i said many time, things change rapidly in football. More than rapidly. It's incredible. The first bad result, the poor performance of Dembele (and injured) and Coutinho, Suarez who is old, Messi injured. I think the board and Valverde began to be ... not afraid but anxious.

PLUS, and it's important in Barca, the pressure of fans and socios. Be president of Barca, it's in fact a political position. You're a politician. Barto is a bad politician. But he wants to keep his seat and elections are coming. So when people pushed hard for Neymar plus the squad, his friends, Suarez, Messi, Alba, Busquets pushed aswell... Barto had no choice. They started to negotiate. And now i really feel a panic situation in Barca.

Newcomer

Grizemann was worth the 120m euros. He's performed at the highest level for the past 5 season and hasn't been injured like Neymar has. Plus, Grizemann didn't sulk before he moved to Barcelona.

You honestly can't believe Neymar is worth anywhere close to 220m euros. It's a pretty stupid price.

What we think about the price don't matter. The thing is Barça had the money but preferred to spend it on Griezmann. It is now rich to come and say PSG is difficult when you had the money. You made the choice not to spend it on Neymar. If things are difficult now, it is because Neymar was clearly not your priority. For PSG, that money is essencial because it will be used to launch a new cycle. PSG has again sold another academy player for 12 M€ today (Nsoki). So the difference in value 220-170 = 50M) is pretty important for PSG.

Home of Barca Fans