Neymar Jr.

Tackle

Shame, would have loved the lad the bolster our weak wing options as there aren't many better, but PSG can piss off if they're still holding a 200m+ valuation.

Means they never intended to sell him in the first place and this entire ordeal was a massive act to display to Neymar they were proper trying.

Raketa10

A fantastic season ahead of PSG. Their main star is FORCED to stay there and he will be unmotivated as fuck! What a pathetic club they are. I am just glad that in the end we weren't crazy enough to give them those 215 mil.

xxxxxx

The deal will be back on later. This whole transfer has been stupid.

PSG know they have to sell Neymar...... he's literally hated by the fans now. I honestly think they'll lower their demands. But to think they value him at 215m euros is laughable. And as someone else said in this thread, how would md know about the emails? lol

If we don't get Neymar, which is looking likely...... this will backfire on them so much. They're not getting close to 170m euros for him next season, and it's possible he misses another 20 games this season due to injury. He's literally only played 58 games in the last 2 seasons.

Anyways, can we at least try and get another winger in if we can't get Neymar in? I don't trust Dembele at all.

FinBarcelonafan

A fantastic season ahead of PSG. Their main star is FORCED to stay there and he will be unmotivated as fuck! What a pathetic club they are. I am just glad that in the end we weren't crazy enough to give them those 215 mil.

This makes no sense. If PSG wanted 215 million we would have never been interested. Why would we go few times to Paris to finally reject this? It seems too high of a price.

Sterlingfan2000

The deal will be back on later. This whole transfer has been stupid.

PSG know they have to sell Neymar...... he's literally hated by the fans now. I honestly think they'll lower their demands. But to think they value him at 215m euros is laughable. And as someone else said in this thread, how would md know about the emails? lol

If we don't get Neymar, which is looking likely...... this will backfire on them so much. They're not getting close to 170m euros for him next season, and it's possible he misses another 20 games this season due to injury. He's literally only played 58 games in the last 2 seasons.

Anyways, can we at least try and get another winger in if we can't get Neymar in? I don't trust Dembele at all.

They don't want money dude, they can buy anything. 170Million is nothing for them , they just laugh. We're talking about a country who have so much money, they even themselves dont know what to do with it.

They need Neymars marketability

JohnN

If PSG was a normal team, they couldn't afford to let him rot on the bench. If so, next year no team would try to sign him - even more with this kind of ridiculous price.

But they just don't care about selling him, they don't care about transfer income or his career or the team performance or any of that.

"PSG" project will end when the World Cup ends. I believe that except mercenary-footballers, very few big names will be attracted by them in the future.

As for Barca, missing out on this deal is good news. I hope it stays this way until the end of the transfer window.

MTL_Barca

They don't want money dude, they can buy anything. 170Million is nothing for them , they just laugh. We're talking about a country who have so much money, they even themselves dont know what to do with it.

Look at their squad and their signings since Neymar/Mbappe. I think it's quite obvious money is a real factor here. Not because Qatar is lacking money but because it seems like FFP is a real concern for them.

They can't spend their unlimited budget, otherwise they would've signed real reinforcements this summer and immediately told Barca to fuck of instead of negotiating until the last day while even keeping a positive transfer balance.

PSG can value Neymar at any price they want of course, but we'll see if it will turn out as the right decision. There also is a lot that can go wrong with keeping him. But that being said i'm glad they demand 200+ mil making it impossible for Barto to sign him.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

This makes no sense. If PSG wanted 215 million we would have never been interested. Why would we go few times to Paris to finally reject this? It seems too high of a price.

Yeah, this doesn't make a load of sense. These news outlets have been completely wrong throughout the whole process, so I wouldn't entirely believe this at the moment. How many times has the deal been very close one minute and then off the next?

ASordidGod

They need the Neymar money if they want to buy and still meet FFP. Hence why they haven't spent big since. A club with unlimited funds wouldn't be buying the likes of Gueye, Herrerra on a free, etc, unless they had no real alternative. I mean hell, Chupo from freaking Stoke, was it? They have no wiggle room.

Sorin

There is still time to sell Rakitic if he is willing to go. I would rather have him for one more season here on the bench, than getting Neymar back.

I would rather play Fati on wings, than Cou and i hope he gets more minutes. Cou was truly awful. I m sure he would be different player with a good coach, but it is what it is.

Raffish is not a big deal. When healthy he is a solid backup and I have a feeling we al need backups this season.

I don't think 3 days are enough to find a solid offer for both us and him. The fact that we wasted so much time for nothing when we shouldn't have even entertained the idea of bringing him back in the first place is truly infuriating. In the end I'm glad we moved on him, it was still time better spent on tunning out our squad.

Fati is still very, very young and even if he had a good match against Betis, there's no guarantee that he'll perform the same against better teams under pressure situations. Anyway, the fact that he was called for first team action so fast wasn't even planned. The circumstances were such that we were without enough forwards so Valverde was forced to bring him. It was pure randomness so I'm not willing to give credit to anyone for this. Barto and co still fucked up.

Rafinha will be injured sooner or later. Not much of a back up option.

There are still Alena and Puig having their progress stalled for yet another year because our poor planning and insane, stupid superstar "hunting".

In the end I am happy we aren't throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Neymar so whatever.

Last edited:

Givenchy

Neymar isn't being forced to stay and he wont be rotting on the bench/stands either. the silence from him during this saga is a telling sign, if he REALLY wanted to leave that badly and make Barca's job easier he should of came out earlier in the summer yet he remained silent. he could of kicked up a huge shitstorm forcing PSGs hand yet still, he remains totally silent. he and his daddy met their match in the Qataris

i dont think PSG ever had any intention of selling Neymar, if we offered the players + fee they will raise the bar once again

The Observer

I can't see PSG keeping an unhappy diva like Neymar. He will just pretend to be injured the whole season and collect his 40m salary. I don't think Neymar just swallows it like that when he desperately wants away.

Also the saga will not end even when this transfer window is closed and he stays. Rumours about his arrival in the winter market will emerge soon enough. There is no way he is staying there now for the next years.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
So fucking glad this is apparently dead now. Need get rid of the current board and start bringing through or bringing in players who will fit a long term sporting strategy especially considering messi's retirement isn't too far off.

xxxxxx

They're still a business. He's on like 35m euros a year, so them getting that off their wage bill will free up some revenue for them to sign other players. Them also getting around 170m euros for him will free money for the FFP.

I understand Neymar is under contract and they have every right to say no, but if they're making stupid demands like Rakitic, Todibo, Dembele and 140m euros, they're not going to go far as a football club. Honestly, if they were to get Rakitic and like 140m euros, they could use that money to get players like Dybala. Rakitic is also worth around 35m to 40m euros. It's not a terrible offer.

Home of Barca Fans