Neymar Jr.

Messigician

he's not coming. look at the chaos he's caused at both clubs. you think the board wants to even touch him right now when he's proven to still be immature? well into his late 20s?

Yeah of course. We have Adam Curry working on the transfer as we speak

xXKonan

Seems like the meeting lasted on a few minutes and Leonardo told him about the consequences using Rabiot and Ben Arfa as examples.

Basically he's stuck in a golden cage.

serghei

Win win for us, if he comes in a GOOD deal fine, if not all other players will think carefully prior to joining psg

Yep. Always good when superstars regret leaving Barcelona for PSG. Neymar is a cautionary tale about what happens when you leave the center stage of football to follow the qatari money.

He traded El Clasico for PSG - Lille :lol:.

Leo_Messi

regarding Mbappe; it seems like PSG had an ultimatum, either give Mbappe the reigns and get rid of Neymar or keep things as they are and risk losing Mbappe after his speech. they chose Mbappe which is why Nassers stance changed towards Neymar. if Neyboy does end up leaving, operation Mbappe just got even more impossible as no way will they lose the golden boy of France. Madrid with Zidane would be first in line so maybe its better off he wastes his career at PSG

i don't really want either near Barca. Mbappe comes across as a cunt and you can blame Neymar but ninja turtle was supposed to be the 'mature, humble' one

I think that the explanation is rather simple. Leonardo took over and wants to create a genuine team rather than a collection of a few individual stars with egos the size of Siberia. Neymar never really having settled in Paris, Ligue 1 being Ligue 1 and the Qatari ambitions of becoming the dominant club in Europe having turned into a massive fiasco so far. That and Neymar knowing that Mbappé is not going to stay long-term nor himself. Money (insane paychecks) can only do so much. PSG will remain PSG.

If you recall I discussed Mbappé in detail months ago where many users where proclaiming him to be the reincarnation of a prime Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo and Pelé put together. I still don't think that he will ever become better than a prime Henry.

Neymar is the superior talent and player but he is damaged goods and his purchase opens up a giant pandora box. Not worth the hassle. So if I could pick I would take the inferior but almost 7 years younger Mbappé if I insisted on buying a PSG player.

Anyway I think it is a question of time until a better talent than Mbappé emerges and when that happens the club should be ready to pounce. Hopefully with a new board from 2021 onwards.

Yeah of course. We have Adam Curry working on the transfer as we speak

Adam Curry?:lol:

André Cury you mean.

serghei

Mbappe is great, but nowhere near R9 or Messi as touted. That was ridiculous hyping on the back of the mediocre Ligue 1.

If you recall I discussed Mbappé in detail months ago where many users where proclaiming him to be the reincarnation of a prime Messi, Maradona, Ronaldo and Pelé put together. I still don't think that he will ever become better than a prime Henry.

Yes! Mbappe is such an overrated player. He misses so many chances 1 vs 1 chances against the goalkeeper, cant play magical passes, can only dribble because of his speed like prime CR7. He will never reach the GOAT level, even CR7 will be miles better than him.

serghei

Yes! Mbappe is such an overrated player. He misses so many chances 1 vs 1 chances against the goalkeeper, cant play magical passes, can only dribble because of his speed like prime CR7. He will never reach the GOAT level, even CR7 will be miles better than him.

Prime CR7 was on a different level to Mbappe. Mbappe is lucky if he reaches half the level of Messi/Cristiano Ronaldo.

xXKonan

Funny thing is PSG's issues with Squad depth, especially in the Midfield is tied to both signing Mbappe and Neymar.

It was a brilliant idea to spend a total of 400+Million on two forwards, but have little money to actually reinforce the Midfield and build an actual good enough team overall especially a team that has had FFP issues for years now.

The irony of it is, Neymar wants to GTFO and Mbappe doesn't seem he wants to stick around for very long regardless if Ney leaves or not.

Leo_Messi

A 34 year old Ronaldo is better and more clutch right now IMO. I would rather have CR7 in a CL final than the current version of Mbappé. Call me delusional if you want to. Let alone in CR7's prime.
Mbappé would be lucky to reach the prime of Henry and stay on that level throughout his prime. When people on this forum where comparing him with Ronaldo (El Fenómeno), I could hardly believe the ignorance, delusion or low level of trolling.

Anyway I would still take Mbappé over Neymar. Mostly due to age and unfulfilled potential. Mbappé might very likely never be as good as a 100% focused and ready Neymar (very doubtful at least) but nothing points to him becoming the circus clown that Neymar has been for years.

After the triplete season (2014-15) when a 22-23 year old Neymar was causing havoc against all the top clubs that we faced in the CL, I had big hopes of him eventually becoming a worthy successor of Messi but he pissed that opportunity away due to not taking football seriously, due to his chaotic private life, toxic entourage and becoming content with what he had already achieved.

I don't see that hunger or winner mentality in him despite the abundance of talent unlike in say Mbappé. A shame really.

If he returns this summer, which I would not rule out at all, I hope that he will take this last opportunity and become the best player in the world and take the mantle from a 33 year old Messi. Even if his reign would only be short-lived (2-3 years). If (a big if) he gets his life in order and goes all-in with a vengeance to prove every doubter wrong and repay his moronic and unforgivable stunt back in 2017, he will earn my highest respect and that of the football world. It is all in his hands should he arrive. I don't think that it will happen but I cannot rule it out either. The talent is clearly there. Always was.

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]1150816924894400512[/tw]

Says Barto leads the charge.

Says we want to exchange players but PSG wants money.

Devils

I have a feeling that the whole "Life is all about second chances." theme that we saw in the Griezmann transfer will carry on into this one.

FFssss

Tackle

[tw]1150815965556482048[/tw]

Neymar talked well with Leonardo when he arrived at the Camp des Loges, the Director reminded the player of the club's position. if a club accepts the financial demands of PSG, he can leave. his sanction is undisclosed.

Home of Barca Fans