Neymar Jr. - v5

serghei

I think PSG should hire Neymar Sr. as their manager. They can't do much worse than domestic treble and Round of 16 exit in CL. Neymar will be happy, and Cavani won't ever take another penalty instead of his son (if he's not kicked out right away) so that should work like a charm.

Hell, if Neymar Sr. gets a good draw in CL he might tie PSG's best ever record in the competition.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

I think PSG should hire Neymar Sr. as their manager. They can't do much worse than domestic treble and Round of 16 exit in CL. Neymar will be happy, and Cavani won't ever take another penalty instead of his son (if he's not kicked out right away) so that should work like a charm.

Hell, if Neymar Sr. gets a good draw in CL he might tie PSG's best ever record in the competition.

Neymar Sr. would have been a good idea had Tuchel not agreed to a two year contract. It’s probably too late now.

welcome back

Thank you.

KingLeo10

I haven’t entertained any of those rumors, but I can say that I’m excited to see how the club can grow under Tuchel.

the losses v real had as much to do with emery as the lack of top, top quality/mentality amongst your players when it comes to competing against the best of europe. tuchel is a better manager than emery but he's not a miracle worker.

mbappe who was supposedly raved about as the next best thing since teenage R9/messi, made poor decision after poor decision in the two legs, including that shocking non-pass to cavani.

Jair Ventura

the losses v real had as much to do with emery as the lack of top, top quality/mentality amongst your players when it comes to competing against the best of europe. tuchel is a better manager than emery but he's not a miracle worker.

mbappe who was supposedly raved about as the next best thing since teenage R9/messi, made poor decision after poor decision in the two legs, including that shocking non-pass to cavani.

I’m not buying into any doom and gloom. PSG is fine, they simply weren’t good enough to defeat Madrid. Replacing Emery’s incompetence with an effective manager will go a long way in helping the club be better prepared for European football going forward.

Xaviniesta

I took a look at the WC schedule and it seems to me that Brazil have a really high chance of reaching the final. Their most likely opponent in the semis will be either France or Uruguay. Other than that they have a relatively easy path getting to the semis (for Brazil’s standards).

I’m just curious if Brazil win the WC, will Neymar win the ballon d’or?

FCBfan22

I’m just curious if Brazil win the WC, will Neymar win the ballon d’or?

:coutinho: will overshadow him and win the Balon D'Or, because of his WC heroics and winning the domestic double with Barca.

:benitez:

Real talk, unless he pulls out the best performances of his career, lifts the trophy and Argentina and Portugal crash out early, I don't see it happening.
There are also other factors, like, if Barca wins the treble this year, BDO is 95% Messi's. In that case someone would need to really turn water into wine so to speak at the WC.

:coutinho: will overshadow him and win the Balon D'Or, because of his WC heroics and winning the domestic double with Barca.

:benitez:

Real talk, unless he pulls out the best performances of his career, lifts the trophy and Argentina and Portugal crash out early, I don't see it happening.
There are also other factors, like, if Barca wins the treble this year, BDO is 95% Messi's. In that case someone would need to really turn water into wine so to speak at the WC.

I feel like even though Balon D'or is still valued, it has lost its significance as a certificate for Best Player in the world. It's just another individual award given to the most successful player. I don't think it's as important anymore as it used to be once.

El Flaco

I feel like even though Balon D'or is still valued, it has lost its significance as a certificate for Best Player in the world. It's just another individual award given to the most successful player. I don't think it's as important anymore as it used to be once.

Ballon d'Or is still the most prestigious individual award and has an enormous impact of a player's legacy in the game (just like any other individual awards as well). Or how many times a player gets into [insert year] XI. It becomes even more valuable when we look back when their careers are over.

Last edited:
Ballon d'Or is still the most prestigious individual award and has an enormous impact of a player's legacy in the game (just like any other individual awards as well). Or how many times a player gets into [insert year] XI. It becomes even more valuable when we look back when their careers are over.

I might have to disagree. Ronaldinho and Kaka both won one ballon d'or but not considered as same. I've never seen anyone who've put Platini or Zidane or Cristiano over Cruyff in their all time greatest rankings. Even though Cristiano has won 4 Ballon d'ors while Messi just had 1 can you identify a single neutral football watcher to say that Cristiano has been the best player over last five years?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans