Neymar Jr. - v5

Kohe321

Neymar does have an annoyingly egotistical personality and aspects of his play are as well, but man he's an incredible talent.

serghei

At the same time he can sleep well, knowing Barcelona grumbling vs Greece team. PSG is rolling.. They are probably top-3 favourites to win the CL this season.

No he can't. Every serious fan in the football world knows that PSG would win the title in Ligue 1 without Neymar at a canter. Must be a bitch knowing that you have to wait for 4-5 games in a season at your club for what you do to really have an impact.

That's the price you pay for quitting the best league with the best rivalry in world football, and going to a place where it's enough to play at 40-50% of your potential to still win comfortably. The drive to keep being better and better is not the same.

In Spain, if you're slacking off, see Madrid now, your rivals will burn you. So you're forced to play better all the time, and to find very fast solutions for every crisis you might have. That's what top top football is all about. Being forced to be the best version you can be by fierce rivals waiting to capitalize on your mistakes.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

No he can't. Every serious fan in the football world knows that PSG would win the title in Ligue 1 without Neymar at a canter. Must be a bitch knowing that you have to wait for 4-5 games in a season at your club for what you do to really have an impact.

That's the price you pay for quitting the best league with the best rivalry in world football, and going to a place where it's enough to play at 40-50% of your potential to still win comfortably. The drive to keep being better and better is not the same.

In Spain, if you're slacking off, see Madrid now, your rivals will burn you. So you're forced to play better all the time, and to find very fast solutions for every crisis you might have. That's what top top football is all about. Being forced to be the best version you can be by fierce rivals waiting to capitalize on your mistakes.

Neymar left Barcelona and you’re still dominating the league with Demebele out. I guess I should extrapolate that into La Liga not being very good.

serghei

Neymar left Barcelona and you’re still dominating the league with Demebele out. I guess I should extrapolate that into La Liga not being very good.

You do realise that in the last 2 seasons the title in La Liga has been decided in the last game, right? Ligue 1 can only dream to have both such a high quality level of football and a title fight that goes on till the very end.

La Liga is the best league in the world, and Ligue 1 is the 5th. And that's harder to change via financial doping.

Last edited:

Gordo101

You do realise that in the last 2 seasons the title in La Liga has been decided in the last game, right? Ligue 1 can only dream to have both such a high quality level of football and a title fight that goes on till the very end.

La Liga is the best league in the world, and Ligue 1 is the 5th. And that's harder to change via financial doping.

In all honesty, he just tore apart your reasoning there.

Not saying Neymar hasn't gone to a soft league, but your logic wasn't really too sound. You don't need Neymar to win la liga.

Gordo101

La Liga has the best rivalry in the world. The most competitive league with high level teams is the premiership.

La Liga #2 & champ league champions just lost 3-1 to a team who are still a step below the best in the prem. Not saying prem teams are better than Barca or RM, we aren't yet, but Spain's dominance of the last 7 years looks to be on the slide.

Last edited:

Neymessi

What utter BS. You are choosing to see stuff that fits your agenda. The team that has won 2 consecutive cls is struggling in la liga. Could easily see through this fact and call your argument BS.

Not saying Neymar hasn't gone to a soft league, but your logic wasn't really too sound. You don't need Neymar to win la liga.

No he didn't and the argument was totally absurd. Are you his second account? Barca detective agency please come in the scene. :lol:

La Liga has the best rivalry in the world. The most competitive league with high level teams is the premiership.

La Liga #2 & champ league champions just lost 3-1 to a team who are still a step below the best in the prem. Not saying prem teams are better than Barca or RM, we aren't yet, but Spain's dominance of the last 7 years looks to be on the slide.

And you say that how? Just by looking at the last 3 months? Real and barca are still top favorites to win the league and their collective odds to win the league is definitely higher than epl club winning or any other league team winning even though there are more english teams and only 2 spanish in the knockouts.

Last edited:

Gordo101

What utter BS. You are choosing to see stuff that fits your agenda. The team that has won 2 consecutive cls is struggling in la liga. Could easily see through this fact and call your argument BS.

No he didn't and the argument was totally absurd. Are you his second account? Barca detective agency please come in the scene. :lol:

And you say that how? Just by looking at the last 3 months? Real and barca are still top favorites to win the league and their collective odds to win the league is definitely higher than epl club winning or any other league team winning even though there are more english teams and only 2 spanish in the knockouts.

No I am not a second account... Someone stated that the fact PSG could win L1 without Neymar shows he is wasting his talents, the guy replied with the exact same scenario for Barca and it was dismissed. He is 100% right, sorry you don't like it but his argument was logically sound.

If you would like to say where I said Real Madrid and Barcelona were not the two best teams in the world, let me know and I will reply to your point. Otherwise what you said does not contradict my statement at all, so I don't see the point in replying.

Neymessi

No I am not a second account... Someone stated that the fact PSG could win L1 without Neymar shows he is wasting his talents, the guy replied with the exact same scenario for Barca and it was dismissed. He is 100% right, sorry you don't like it but his argument was logically sound.

If you would like to say where I said Real Madrid and Barcelona were not the two best teams in the world, let me know and I will reply to your point. Otherwise what you said does not contradict my statement at all, so I don't see the point in replying.

He is not 100% right at all. lol

You are taking a sample space of less than half a season and concluding stuff. Monaco did a one season wonder but apart from that one off PSG don't have any problem winning a league. They would easily win the league without neymar but take out messi and cr7 from our respective squads and that will drastically change things. Dembele isn't our best player like messi is for us and neymar for PSG.

So if you are arguing on removing neymar and applying the same concept here, then remove messi not dembele, and without messi we would surely not have been 8 points clear.

Gordo101

You are taking a sample space of less than half a season and concluding stuff. Monaco did a one season wonder but apart from that one off PSG don't have any problem winning a league. They would easily win the league without neymar but take out messi and cr7 from our respective squads and that will drastically change things. Dembele isn't our best player like messi is for us and neymar for PSG.

So if you are arguing on removing neymar and applying the same concept here, then remove messi not dembele, and without messi we would surely not have been 8 points clear.

So are you? Monaco won ligue 1 last season, not PSG.

You are taking a sample space of less than half a season and concluding stuff.

without messi we would surely not have been 8 points clear.

Do you read what you write before you post it? Your arguments are pretty easy to break down.

Neymessi

So are you? Monaco won ligue 1 last season, not PSG.

Do you read what you write before you post it? Your arguments are pretty easy to break down.

Am I what? Are you high? Did you even read what I wrote? Didn't you see me mentioning monaco winning league last time was a one off?

How are my arguments easy to break down? You quoted 2 sentences bolding a part of it and it shows nothing.

Givenchy

agree with this. Ligue 1 being competitive lost all its credibility when the 2nd best team and champions of last season basically sold their entire first team :lol: they'd walk it this season without Neymar and Mbappe.

serghei

:lol: Except we did need Neymar, and Messi, and Suarez to perform at a great level to barely win the league in 2015 and 2016. And in 2017 after their level dropped a bit we were punished hard by Madrid.

Gordo101

Am I what? Are you high? Did you even read what I wrote? Didn't you see me mentioning monaco winning league last time was a one off?

How are my arguments easy to break down? You quoted 2 sentences bolding a part of it and it shows nothing.

I quoted you to show you where your statements contradicted each other, I would have hoped you were intelligent enough to make that connection, you don't need to be a genius to see it. To make it simpler, you stated I was taking information from 1/2 a season and concluding stuff, then stated without Messi you would not be in the same position you are, this is also an assumption. You attacked people for making an assumption while making your own as a reason as to why they can't, your argument contradicts itself.

You seem to think arguing in a manner where your opinion is fact, and other people's opinions are opinions, is a fair or reasonable way to debate. This is not how you actually debate people, if you tried speaking like this for example, in a court of law, you would get nowhere. A damning argument against you and you write it off as a one off? Sure.

You stated PSG could coast Ligue1 without Neymar, last year they had no Neymar and Monaco won the league. We don't know if Neymar is making the difference this year, or if it was a one off, but you can't state either as fact to support your argument.

The fact you say you would surely not be top without Messi is an assumption, if Messi was not playing you would have another striker and play in a different way.

If you really think how you are arguing is effective and correct, why are you sat on this forum debating? With your powers of foresight, why are you sat on this forum debating with people when you could be making millions placing bets? Your opinion is not fact, if it is prove it and go make some money in the process.

FACTS:

1. Monaco won Ligue1 easily last year.
2. PSG are now looking to dominate Ligue1 after Neymar's arrival.
3. Barcelona, champions of La Liga, without Neymar have 28 points from 10 games this season.
4. At the same point last season, Barcelona with Neymar in the team had 22 points.

Stating Neymar has had no improvement to PSG's performance in Ligue1, considering the above facts, is not a solid or reliable argument.

Home of Barca Fans