Neymar Jr. - v5

Devils

Honestly, with the way and tone Pique and Masch spoke about it yesterday, I would be shocked if Neymar stayed with us.

Then again, PSG have been taking huge embarrassing Ls all year. The trend continuing would be beautiful. :lol:

Potroh

Mate, Let me put things into perspective for you. We don't have much time here. This isn't Fifa manager. We need this saga to be resolved as quickly as possible for the benefit of the club and the new coach. The first competitive game of the season (Spanish SuperCup) is around the middle of August, presumably the 16th. That's what the official site says. That's 17 days away. This circus is causing a major distraction with the club and players. It's evident that PSG are negotiating with Neymar's camp. If it were not true, you would've expected Neymar to put all the allegations to rest already and not have someone like Pique forced to correct statements etc. At this juncture i would prefer that he leaves and we get the 220 million or 122 million and Veratti in exchange. And hopefully this happens as soon as possible. I hope it doesn't turn out that he's staying only because FFP couldn't work.

Thanks for the perspective. It rather looks like the scene that you personally wish for, as you also stated. Never mind...
But I agree with you, it is a distraction. Not really for the players, they are a bit different compared to the imagination of the average fan. They are just as money-minded as Neymar is (or humans are) before all they care for themselves and their carriers, etc.
17 days is a lot of time to clear up the club's situation and as I've dared to mention: with 222 M in the pocket they are better off to solve almost anything.
One of the major attackers (not necessarily Neymar) could have been injured, which could have resulted the same practical situation and the saga could definitively bring positive benefits too.

Apart from one thing: Messi's contract which seems to be forgotten by the gang due to the noise. But be aware: it might be related...

Last edited:

Devils

Thanks for the perspective. It rather looks like the scene that you personally wish for, as you also stated. Never mind...
But I agree with you, it is a distraction. Not really for the players, they are a bit different compared to the imagination of the average fan. They are just as money-minded as Neymar is (or humans are) before all they care for themselves and their carriers, etc.
17 days is a lot of time to clear up the club's situation and as I've dared to mention: with 222 M in the pocket they are better off to solve almost anything.
One of the major attackers (not necessarily Neymar) could have been injured, which could have bring the same practical situation and the saga could definitively bring positive benefits too.

Apart from one thing: Messi's contract which seems to be forgotten by the gang due to the noise. But be aware: it might be related...

This is an extremely bold and completely presumptuous statement to make.

All of our top players Messi, Suarez, Busi, Pique, Iniesta etc. could all easily have left Barca for more money elsewhere.

We've had people like Puyol who rescinded his own contract while making tons of money because he felt it was best for the club.

I don't think you have the slightest clue about the level of commitment that some players have for our club and it's probably the same reason why you are so sympathetic towards Neymar.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Just registered to blow of some steam. Fed up with this soap opera, as is every Barca fan I know. Neymar's behavior in this whole saga is beyond redemption IMO. Hope he leaves with his dad and the traveling circus around them sooner rather then later. Why someone would even consider leaving a horse for a donkey if it weren't for the $$ is beyond me. The story about the balon is bs if you apply even a tiny bit of comon sense, he won't have a bigger chance of winning the balon at PSG, the reasoning behind it is dumb, and at this point its either Neymar being rly naive (dont want to use a harsher word)and easily persuaded into things or greed for money, either way good riddance if you ask me. Also Barca shouldn't even consider any kind of deals with PSG , either cash out the 222mil or bugger of, their problems with the ffp are their own, if anything we should make it harder for them, not easier.

Welcome :)

Potroh

All of our top players Messi, Suarez, Busi, Pique, Iniesta etc. could all easily have left Barca for more money elsewhere.

That's true but valid for a selected group of players only. Most of them have 10-12 years to play and being aware of their own situations, often they chose another club for money, even if they would rather stay if their hearts were the only force to lead them. Players like to win titles, so they tend to gaze towards those clubs. Barcelona already belongs to that category, so its players have different considerations.

I don't think you have the slightest clue about the level of commitment that some players have for our club and it's probably the same reason why you are so sympathetic towards Neymar.

I bet that after playing 60+ games for my national team and having had an international carrier (also as a coach later) I have at least as much clue about player's commitments as anyone else. Sorry, you can hardly catch me on that.
There are "some" players very committed indeed but most of them are rather selfish. There are players who could hardly ever "work" in another country and learn other tongues, whereas others are born adventurers, always looking for new challenges.

Devils

That's true but valid for a selected group of players only. Most of them have 10-12 years to play and being aware of their own situations, often they chose another club for money, even if they would rather stay if their hearts were the only force to lead them. Players like to win titles, so they tend to gaze towards those clubs. Barcelona already belongs to that category, so its players have different considerations.

I bet that after playing 60+ games for my national team and having had an international carrier (also as a coach later) I have at least as much clue about player's commitments as anyone else. Sorry, you can hardly catch me on that.
There are "some" players very committed indeed but most of them are rather selfish. There are players who could hardly ever "work" in another country and learn other tongues, whereas others are born adventurers, always looking for new challenges.

The select group of players you refer to exist at all clubs like Bayern, Juventus, Barca, Atletico, Madrid etc. So it really isn't a selective group of players that are solely motivated by money is it? It's a pretty significant portion of top players actually. Top players from those clubs could easily earn much more money at these oil-rich clubs not to mention could easily walk into the starting XIs of teams like PSG and City.

To assume every player is a money hungry as Neymar who is going to accept massive money to play outside of the top 4 leagues in Europe is completely untrue when there is so much evidence against it already.

Horatio

You're welcome
This is an extremely bold and completely presumptuous statement to make.

Likewise, it's extremely bold and completely presumptuous to think Neymar is only considering the move for the money.

Home of Barca Fans