Nelson Semedo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we do buy him I think DonAK had it spot on, it would likely be 35 Million+ a lot of Incentives which most will likely be attainable.

Markets changed since then, very rarely you will find a promising young RB in the market for peanuts, especially a team that is desperately needing one like us.

Many said 30 mil. for young promising Gomes from Valencia was a bargain in this market.

Don't know. It's either player is good or it isn't. Re-sale value is good thing to consider, I agree, but think how Barca (possibly) wouldn't have wasted a year if we spent 60 million (Gomes + Paco) last summer smarter.

BarçaBarça

Damn, I thought he was the smart lowkey buy, to secure a fast deal, and then move on to midfield. If 50M.€ is right, that is close to Bellerin-amounts of money, and that seems too much. But let us wait to conclude anything before the deal is settle - a lot of variables could be included, and those are acceptable to me.

People who are saying that paying 50M+ for every player is inevitable are lying. Bayern will probably end up moving Kimmich to RB and he will be top 5 in the world of RB's next season - and he cost them 8,5M.

xXKonan

Many said 30 mil. for young promising Gomes from Valencia was a bargain in this market.

Don't know. It's either player is good or it isn't. Re-sale value is good thing to consider, I agree, but think how Barca (possibly) wouldn't have wasted a year if we spent 60 million (Gomes + Paco) last summer smarter.
Honestly after the last several summers, I don't buy the idea we aren't willing to spend the money when needed. I mean sure we aren't exactly PSG/City tier in cash but we aren't exactly in such horrible dire shape either.

We need a RB big time and the Club knows it. Which is why I have doubts anyone could say "Meh Semedo is expensive" but write articles how Bellerin and Cesar Azpilicueta are our two first options to reinforce the RB spot.

It just comes down to if it's worth and if they're attainable or not. Guys like Bellerin and Azpilicueta as of right now aren't attainable. Gomes was a giant gamble from us that pretty much backfired for the most part.

xavi_the_Boss

Damn, I thought he was the smart lowkey buy, to secure a fast deal, and then move on to midfield. If 50M.€ is right, that is close to Bellerin-amounts of money, and that seems too much. But let us wait to conclude anything before the deal is settle - a lot of variables could be included, and those are acceptable to me.

People who are saying that paying 50M+ for every player is inevitable are lying. Bayern will probably end up moving Kimmich to RB and he will be top 5 in the world of RB's next season - and he cost them 8,5M.

Benfica just sold their GK for 40M.Not sure why you would think he would come cheap.
Kimmich is a midfielder.He could end up the same like Roberto this season.

FC433

50 is about right because of the third party ownership in Portugal. For example, in Ederson's deal, Benfica only got about 20m while Ederson's agent got 8m and Rio Ave F.C. got about 12m = 40

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If it ends up being 50 million flat (which tbh I think is unlikely, Barca usually do incentives) then the price is unfortunate. However, I still firmly believe that 50m for Semedo is far better than the alternatives of a similar price for Bellerin or slightly less for an aging Azpilicueta who has clear offensive limitations even though he's a good player. Fabinho? He's also great but wouldn't come cheaper than any of the others and I just find it so unlikely given how much demand there is for Monaco players and how many they've already lost.

BarçaBarça

Benfica just sold their GK for 40M.Not sure why you would think he would come cheap.
Kimmich is a midfielder.He could end up the same like Roberto this season.

Oh, because I thought a 20M€ deal wouldn't be "cheap" in the first place. Cheap would be to buy Benjamin Henrichs from Leverkusen this May before he extended his contract.

50M is the rumoured price for Kyle Walker - a home-grown Englishman in the most hyped league in the world with a long contract, shifting between two direct competitors with the sellers club being famous for notoriously overpricing their players. But, sure - tell me about how the same price for a Portuguese fullback in a weaker league is fair.

Albo

Probably 35m + shit ton of incentives as others have said. Aren't we negotiating with Jorge Mendes after all?

Barcilliant

In this market and considering third party ownership 50 million is normal.

Very promising player. Would be nice to see him here.

xXKonan

img_dsalvador_20170602-234944_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_3.jpg

MD now talking about it.

Snippet says "Barcelona consider Semedo plan B as Bellerin is priority" if we don't get Bellerin we go for Semedo.

Man they really don't want to let go of the idea of us signing Bellerin.

Devils

Arsenal wont sell him.

Christ, like half of their squad has expiring contracts in the next year and are in the midst of a contractual catastrophe. No way they are going to let go of one of their star players who actually has many years left on their contract.

Sign Semedo.

We need to be quick about it, Bayern, City etc...are all looking for RBs as well.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Arsenal wont sell him.

Christ, like half of their squad has expiring contracts in the next year and are in the midst of a contractual catastrophe. No way they are going to let go of one of their star players who actually has many years left on their contract.

Sign Semedo.

We need to be quick about it, Bayern, City etc...are all looking for RBs as well.

We are only competing with United for Semedo,City is looking for Walker and Bayern won't pay such huge sum for a RB.

xXKonan

When it comes to Bellerin, we aren't in a good position to negotiate for him. He got a new deal that ends in 2023, and with that Arsenal are in no rush to sell him and would put a price tag no team would remotely even touch.

I see Bellerin as a guy that I can't really see him forcing the issue either of leaving. Wenger signing a new deal probably reconsidered any thought of leaving despite no CL for next season for him. He respects Wenger a lot and he's pretty comfortable in London as well.

Semedo would be pricey but I think for the most part he would be easier for him to join us than Bellerin. Robert has a good relationship with Mendes, and could help at least make the 50 Million price tag more flexible (35+15 etc).

Home of Barca Fans