Nelson Semedo

I think he needs time, right now he seems afraid to do anything more than a safe pass. I would be nervous too, if i had to play on the same side with a genius.

clemente

I wouldn't worry too much, he played exactly as I expected, the role he plays is difficult to learn in this team, I'm pretty sure he will turn out really good

jamrock

Doesn't take 30 games to see what a player will be and he will be average at best with a few sparks here & there

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I do remember him getting nutmegged by Ney on the very first training sessions, like right away. Bad blood from the start maybe?

BBZ8800

Yea but It's embarrassing when you're the new guy.

Maybe we are digging too deep into this, but I understand your point.

On one hand, that is sport, nutmegs are a part of spoirt and fun.
But they are embarrassing on the other hand.

In that context, I could imagine that a guy like Xavi or Iniesta would never nutmeg a new guy in the first week (even if they had a chance), because they want to show a support to a newbie.
On the other hand, I can imagine someone like Zlatan or Neymar nutmegging a player 5 minutes after a newbie came to a club.

On one hand, they have balls and courage.
But on the other hand, sometimes they are just idiots with me, me, me attitude and without too much social intelligence and empathy (especially Neymar).

Again, we may be going too deep with this, but this example and attitude goes hand in hand with Neymar's:
1. fighting with every single La liga defender ever
2. nutmegging opponents in a rude and disrespectful way in the 90th minute when the match is almost finished (do you guys remember those episodes from a few months ago?). People used to say: that is Neymar. He has skills. This is sport.
Well, he has skills, but he has no brains and he certainly has zero gentleman's manners and empathy for others.
3. for the end, just look at his transfer saga and how he treats Messi, his teammates and our fans

Me, me, me attitude is sometimes good on a field, in terms of sports, passion and motivation.
But it can backfire in 100s of other areas of life, like in Neymar's case.

For the end, remember how opponents foul Neymar all the time.
People here defended him for years how he is so skillfull, and there is no other way to stop him.
But then, Messi is 10 times as skillfull, and no one is fouling him.
The answer=Neymar is annoying as fuck. Both to our fans (especially lately) and to our opponents.

Neymar just has something in his personality and attitude that shows abolutely zero class and manners.
One of the most punchable guys I have seen in football:

Last edited:

Wick

Seems bang on average thus far. Another team bamboozled by Benfica?

How did Dani Alves look in his first couple matches for Barca?

It's been two matches. Two. He has barely had time to acclimate.

I know you write "seem", but come on. Stop throwing around words as "bang on average" like that means anything given the context.

Wick

Doesn't take 30 games to see what a player will be and he will be average at best with a few sparks here & there

Pretty idiotic statement.

Also apparently hypocritical.

Pretty clear you have an agenda regarding Semedo given your post about Umtiti.

Home of Barca Fans