Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

Lol we're shitting on our fullbaks when Guardiola has to chose between Walker, Delph, Mendy, Danilo, and Zinchenko. And he still manages to play top quality football.

He'd be fucking delughted with Alba, Semedo and even Roberto.
The RB wars will never die on here. :valverde:

But yeah I get what you're saying. It's actually quite funny considering how much City Spent on Fullbacks in the past couple of years and still haven't got it right.

serghei

I guess I'm the only one who is satisfied with both Semedo and Roberto. These guys would perform very well if we acutally had a system, with a winger they could combine with. We literally can't upgrade this pair if we look at the market.

No one except Alves and maybe peak Roberto Carlos ever did the things our fans demand our RB to do. Crazy actually.

vinni

They are hard to compare since they provide different qualities. Ideally i want to see both in FCB until someone better comes along. If we trade Semedo for someone else, we have no idea if it will work or not. Roberto is not going anywhere.

serghei

The mistake we did was with Valverde. We signed a lot of talented players who needed to be developed, only to leave them in the hands of a guy who loves declining veterans.

Valverde must be the only idiot who thinks 2019 Busi is better than 2009 Busi because he is more experienced.

ASordidGod

I guess I'm the only one who is satisfied with both Semedo and Roberto. These guys would perform very well if we acutally had a system, with a winger they could combine with. We literally can't upgrade this pair if we look at the market.

No one except Alves and maybe peak Roberto Carlos ever did the things our fans demand our RB to do. Crazy actually.

In theory they're okay, sure, with one more suited for attack the other defence, except what's the point in Semedo if the manager refuses to play him in the games he should be played? Personally I'd be glad to see Roberto go if only to prevent Valverde from playing favourites. Make Semedo first choice, see if with regular game time he can't improve his offensive output. And then use Wague for cover/rotation, gauge his true level.

xXKonan

The mistake we did was with Valverde. We signed a lot of talented players who needed to be developed, only to leave them in the hands of a guy who loves declining veterans.

Valverde must be the only idiot who thinks 2019 Busi is better than 2009 Busi because he is more experienced.
Busi would have been benched for Yaya Toure if Valverde was here.

Due to the fact that Toure fit Valverde's idea of a Midfielder as well. :lol:

Danic

I must admit i wasnt happy with benching toure for busi :) Toure was in a pretty decent form back then and for me the better overall player. In the end Pep was right though and busi paid everything back many years.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

I must admit i wasnt happy with benching toure for busi :) Toure was in a pretty decent form back then and for me the better overall player. In the end Pep was right though and busi paid everything back many years.

I personally would have benched/sold Keita

xXKonan

I would kill to have a prime Toure right now playing in the Rakitic spot.

Sure he didn't completely fit the mold of what Pep wanted at DM and having a prime Iniesta and Xavi was going to be tough to beat. But in this Barca, he would probably be perfect as a B2B Midfielder.

vuji_31

Hope so he is staying in Barca. If he wants to go then sell him for 100 millions like every player is worth now.
Not 35 like it i mentioned.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't believe that we want to sell Semedo. Unless the club thinks Wague and Emerson etc. would be better than him in the future.

Roberto is not a good RB at all.

xXKonan

I don't believe that we want to sell Semedo. Unless the club thinks Wague and Emerson etc. would be better than him in the future.

Roberto is not a good RB at all.
Emerson is far too raw right now to even consider being a bench option here.

I also rate Wague far higher IMO. There's a year difference but between both of them, but Wague without a doubt is far ahead in his development and far better suited to be a Barca RB while Emerson has quite a bit of talent but I just don't think he would fit the mold on what we need.

We will have to wait and see with Emerson but right now He's nowhere near ready to be a bench option here.

Arizona Scott

I want to see semedo get a serious run of matches, like 3 out of 4, for an extended period. I dont see any low hanging fruit better, trippier isn't, not getting taa or gomez off liverpool nor kimmich nor carvajal. Anyone else would be less adapted and more of a crap shoot than semedo. RB really isn't a problem relative to other areas, semedo/sergi is just fine.

Home of Barca Fans