Nelson Semedo

Danic

Ok, so u never watch a game till the end? What a clown comment again....
Pretty sleepy game from him but overall i dont rate these kind of games high. Tough to perform there.

Messigician

Ok, so u never watch a game till the end? What a clown comment again....
Pretty sleepy game from him but overall i dont rate these kind of games high. Tough to perform there.

Nah not irrelevant games like these. I expect a good performance from the squad players instead they showed everyone why they're squad players and nothing more

Danic

Ofc one expect this. But its not that easy as u think.
I bet u could have thrown anyone of the starters in this formation and no one would have performed too well.
Anyway, not a good game from sem but as long as he performs in important matches i dont care...

biraboyz

Banned
As usual the fans forum favorite give him a free passed for being garbage, but Denis and Munir are crucified for their performance :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
As usual the fans forum favorite give him a free passed for being garbage, but Denis and Munir are crucified for their performance :lol:

Semedo has already proven himself against top competition, whereas Munir and Denis haven't.
That's why people probably expect more from them in these prove-yourself-games.

But yes I agree, Semedo was pretty shit yesterday.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Semedo has already proven himself against top competition, whereas Munir and Denis haven't.

Munir and Malcom were shit because they hardly played this season, whereas Semedo gets regular playing time. He had no right to be as shit as he was yesterday. Vidal was excellent thanks to his class and sheer experience even without minutes yesterday, for instance. But that was simply an off night for all players bar Vidal and Alena (and the centerbacks) anyway. Dembele was poor as well. Forget it and move on.

Danic

If he play 2-3 games in a row like this we can talk again. But i wont judge a bad performance after a row of very good games.

biraboyz

Banned

Let's not act like they have same positions. It's easy to ignore the defenders weaknesses if the opposing team didn't score. For the attackers and mid, people will count every lose ball, missed pass, goals or assist. Munir and Denis are not trash in every game they played same ith Semedo they have good or decent games. They're not a forum favorite that's why, i like Semedo i just dislike the double standard.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Let's not act like they have same positions. It's easy to ignore the defenders weaknesses if the opposing team didn't score. For the attackers and mid, people will count every lose ball, missed pass, goals or assist. Munir and Denis are not trash in every game they played same ith Semedo they have good or decent games. They're not a forum favorite that's why, i like Semedo i just dislike the double standard.

No they were all bad. Denis still doesn't know when to pass and when to dribble.
Munir does everything you just listed: losing balls, missing passes and not scoring. What else can we judge him on?
This is generally the case, not just the recent game.

I'm more okay with cutting Semedo some slack because I know he can do better.
The other two I'm not sure of.

biraboyz

Banned
No they were all bad. Denis still doesn't know when to pass and when to dribble.
Munir does everything you just listed: losing balls, missing passes and not scoring. What else can we judge him on?
This is generally the case, not just the recent game.

I'm more okay with cutting Semedo some slack because I know he can do better.
The other two I'm not sure of.

it's funny that you saying this, but going back to the Denis thread year ago they think his position is the problem at Midfield. But if played as a winger he will perform better, he created chances even with a bad game. There for i conclude, he is not a bad player. He is good if given more chance and he can not ge it here at Barca so better be go to a team that can use his talent instead rotting in the bench then if played Barca fans expected a genius performance to a bench warmer

Andresito

Staff member
it's funny that you saying this, but going back to the Denis thread year ago they think his position is the problem at Midfield. But if played as a winger he will perform better, he created chances even with a bad game. There for i conclude, he is not a bad player. He is good if given more chance and he can not ge it here at Barca so better be go to a team that can use his talent instead rotting in the bench then if played Barca fans expected a genius performance to a bench warmer

I don't think anyone expects a genius performance.

To make it simple we can compare his performance to Aleña's.
Aleña looked a lot more mature (apart from the two brain fart passes).
Even though Denis has much more experience, Aleña made a bigger impact on the game.

I think Denis plays best as a LM in a 4-4-2 like he did at Villarreal.
I admire his willingness to fight for his spot here, but he's just not good enough for Barca.

biraboyz

Banned
I don't think anyone expects a genius performance.

To make it simple we can compare his performance to Aleña's.
Aleña looked a lot more mature (apart from the two brain fart passes).
Even though Denis has much more experience, Aleña made a bigger impact on the game.

I think Denis plays best as a LM in a 4-4-2 like he did at Villarreal.
I admire his willingness to fight for his spot here, but he's just not good enough for Barca.
how about you compare Semedo to Cuenca or Chumi

jairzinho

Alot of unnecessary hate for a player who has been developing well lately. We're pretty much covered as far as RB is concerned for now. That's something we should be happy about. I see there are some that love to ride Sergi's dick at every turn, but it shouldn't prevent you from seeing that Semedo has made huge progress.

Cule4life

The Culest
Should hand in a transfer request and save his career. He can be prime Alves but will still always be benched in favour of golden boy Roberto.

Home of Barca Fans