Nelson Semedo

Sorin

It's clear as hell that Roberto just isn't a long time solution for our right side. Yes he's been quite good but I really don't understand why Semedo isn't given like some 5 matches in a row to see what he's about. If he can't perform, then fine, play Roberto until Semedo is ready or we splash more cash on some other right back.

I mean, seriously, does anyone see Roberto as a long term RB?

henias

It's not even about what crap Sembele connection, Semedo just always got snubbed hard. I just dont see why he shouldn't start this game. He never had 2 runs of games at least. He can experiment and move Roberto to RM and Rakitic as DM. The two hardly start together, despite the great connection they showed against Celta. It's mind boggling.

Andresito

Staff member
I'd compare Roberto and Semedo to the situation we had with Bravo and ter Stegen.

One of them is a player with experience and you kinda know what you'll get when he's playing. He won't get much better though.
The other one, on the other hand, has the skills to be perfect att his position for Barça with a lot of potential.

So I'd say we have to be patient with Semedo. Sooner or later he'll be an undisputed starter like Alba.

Sorin

Match rhythm and chemistry with first team he does not have. What should be done in that instance? Play him as much as possible to see if he has the necessary quality for a club like us. Especially when we have a series of matches against teams like Levante, Celta and the likes. IE good teams but not in the top bracket.

gregorrin10

Hopefully he comes in for Iniesta at some point today, so we get to see that Semedo-Roberto-Dembele right side at least for a few minutes.

Devils

Hopefully he comes in for Iniesta at some point today, so we get to see that Semedo-Roberto-Dembele right side at least for a few minutes.

Honestly hope sometime in the near future that becomes our established right flank.

Could be referred to as the Nuclear Flank.

Sorin

Dembele will be subbed off before Semedo will come in imo. Hell, maybe Semedo will come in for Dembele even. No chance to see them three together today. Maybe in the CdR match against Celta.

Joan

There's no much to blame Valverde for...
but after a brilliant performance against Celta he could've given him a chance
Starting 2 in a row would boost his confidence which he clearly lacks

JamDav1982

Cant see many players playing all three games in past week.

Semedo may well get the two that are of most benefit to him.

Nothing to see here.

Home of Barca Fans