Most Overrated Player in the Modern Era

khaled_a_d

Zidane for me, which is unpopular opinion.
Great player, one of the best in his generation for sure.
But he wasn't top 2 of that time period as he is widely regarded (along Ronaldo).
Was blessed with one of the best generations in NT and even at club level.

JamDav1982

Pique is a great shout. Overall not just as a Barca player.

But when was Busquets ever rated as Barca's best ever mid ahead of the obvious shouts?
I agree with Busquets being overrated but when was he rated as the best Barca mid ever?

Not sure you get what was said.

JamDav1982

But he wasn't top 2 of that time period as he is widely regarded (along Ronaldo).

I agree and used to have this debate a lot.

Did not dominate games as often as made out.

Nowhere near the GOAT debate even back then.

jamrock

This x10000000000.

I've said this so many times here.

The amount of fans that put this man even as a top 5, which is just ridiculous, even top 10.

I said it before, their has been a certain dogma that has been built around his career because of undeniable great big moments, but when it comes to producing on a day in day out basis, compared to say a modric its no where close.

Messigician

Crazy how the most criminal players aren't mentioned.

Pogba
Kaka
Griezmann
Reus
Ozil
Riqulme
Overmars
James Rodriguez
Fabregas
Hulk
Podolski
Klose
Inzaghi
Michael Owen

David Trezeguet​

Pele
Beckham
Maradona
Ronaldo 9
Cr7
Messi
Ronaldinho

Temptation

So many comments already and no mention of Zlatan who claims to be best/2nd best in the world but never was anywhere near? :lol:

The guy is so overrated by certain circles(Bosnians and clowns who lap up the Lion BS). Not even a top 3 striker of his generation lmao.

MagIX

:lol: Ibrahimovic... i had almost forgottem him... also for me without any doubt absolutely overrated... I still haven't managed to forget the deal Eto'o + 45M for Ibra.. one of the worst and most ridiculous football deal ever!

Shevchenko, Beckham, the goalkeeper Van der Sar....
I could mention Inzaghi.... but I don't even consider him a football player

About Zidane, for me Top 5 best players i have seen

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique.

He's been a joke half of his career. Still a Barca legend for what it's worth, but have always been overrated.

Temptation

Yeah not a fan of the Zidane shouts. Man was mercurial at his best.

Midfielders are defined by some of those iconic performances most of the time. A PL fan ain't watching Pirlo play every week. A PL fan isn't watching R9 play every week.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could you say the same for Busquets? It's been a while since he's been off the pace.

Nah, Busquets just fell off considerably from 2017 or so IMO, but until then he was elite. Some players just decline earlier than others.

Pique on the other hand probably has max three truly elite seasons mixed in with sometimes maybe good sometimes maybe shit as Gattuso would say.

Morten

Maybe he isnt talked about that much really, but the fact that Jorginho got top 3 in Ballon Dor one year might include him in the conversation.

Never thought he was all that great, just decent /good.

L3v1s

Maybe he isnt talked about that much really, but the fact that Jorginho got top 3 in Ballon Dor one year might include him in the conversation.

Never thought he was all that great, just decent /good.
I don't think anyone sane has ever considered Jorginho:LOL: There were some loud mouths during that season where he won the UCL&Euro, but they are quiet now.

Home of Barca Fans