Messi out for 2-3 weeks

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tests carried out by FC Barcelona medical services this morning have confirmed the initial diagnosis that Leo Messi has suffered a slight thigh injury in his right leg.

2013-09-28_ALMERIA-BARCELONA_27.v1380448601.JPG

Messi will be out for between two and three weeks, which means that he definitely won’t be available for the two matches
coming up for FC Barcelona this week: Tuesday in Glasgow against Celtic, and Saturday in the Camp Nou against Valladolid.

That will be followed by another international break meaning that Barça will have to wait until 19th October to resume the league programme against Osasuna in Pamplona.

impeh

Hi, its me..
was to be expected when he went off i suppose, keeps picking up these niggling thigh injuries :(

with Argentina already qualified, at least he'll miss the international games..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess he could use some rest anyway.
As shown previously, Celtic is a tough opponent for us but in the end we'll surely top the group. The other match he'll miss is Valladolid at home, we shouldn't have problems there.

F

Flavia

He and the barça doctors need to address this properly. Same injury again, from a similar movement... Good thing the int break is also coming, so he'll rest a lot this time.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I guess he could use some rest anyway.
Yes, he still plays too much. It's good that Tata subs him off, but doing that every few games for 10 minutes isn't really enough. So his injury might come as a blessing in disguise.

No doubt this needs to be sorted out though.

Let's say he got injured at the right time... Still I'm as worried as everyone else about his recurrent injuries, Messi and Tata also show that this problem is taken seriously, which is both comforting and troubling in a way.
(Thx suckabov for your explanation on Messi thread)

Faceless

No more faces at night
Should give him enough rest and get him to recover. Getting injured frequently is not a good sign.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Should give him enough rest and get him to recover. Getting injured frequently is not a good sign.

I don't think getting enough rest is the real issue here; as others have alluded to, they need to get to the bottom of this and find the root cause of his injuries, be it his diet, exercise regimen or something else.

We need to put an end to this and do it soon.

Home of Barca Fans