Messi breaks the 300 barrier

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca deserved a 1-2 win against Granada at Los Carmenes in Matchday 24 of La Liga. Lionel Messi (brace) scored the goals for the Catalans, who enjoyed 72 percent of possession and attempted 18 shots, six of them on target and one to the post.

Messi has now scored 206 in La Liga, 56 in the Champions League, 24 in the Copa del Rey, 10 in the Spanish Super Cup, 4 in the Club World Cup and 1 European Super Cup

soc_g_messi_gb1_576_576.jpg

301 goals in just 365 appearances for FC Barcelona, a mind-blowing 0.82 goals per match for Leo Messi.

The brace against Granada takes his current goal-scoring streak to a record 14 consecutive league matches, making his tally 37 in the domestic competition.
The fact that only the entire teams of Atletico and Real Madrid have scored more than La Pulga alone is simply unreal.

(espn)

Paganinisrvnge

If he continues to score at his incredible rate; by the next world cup he'll surpass the club scoring tallies of goalscoring legends with long careers like Maradona(311 goals), Shevchenko(321 goals), Henry(340 goals), Van Nistelrooy(347 goals), Johan Cruyff(368 goals) Raul(372 goals), and maybe even Ronaldo(404 goals).

An incredible feat before he even turns 27.

I know goals are only part of the story but wow.

barcanuck

I think he will have 500+ goals easy by the time it's all set and done and become the top scorer in La Liga History and CL History. The only one he has to work on is becoming the Argentina all time goal scorer (Batigol's 56 goals are 25 better at the moment).

greatmanlaw

he will pass the 500 mark if no serious injury comes his way...i hope it will not come his way.....the amazing thing is that is not only the goals he scores but his impact in the games....i do not know of his assist record but i think it might even be closer to both iniesta and xavi's assists

Home of Barca Fans