Memphis Depay

Bertus

According to Le_Parisien, PSV is not planning to sell Depay to PSG.

They say PSV is only using PSG as a tool to get more money from MU.

Jair Ventura

According to Le_Parisien, PSV is not planning to sell Depay to PSG.

They say PSV is only using PSG as a tool to get more money from MU.

I believe Le_Parisien is wrong here. According to Dutch media's as well as those close to the situation at PSV: Marcel Brands, Toon Gerbrands, Rik Elfrink, and Thijs Sleger; PSV has no intention of creating a bidding war out of Depay's recruitment process. It's not important where Memphis wants to go, If he prefers a club and said club is capable of meeting both club and players demands than they will complete a deal with them without a problem.

After turning down a 20m Euro transfer to Tottenham last season and resining to stay in the Eredivisie the parties of PSV and Depay have a gentlemans agreement to sell him this season to anyone who offers the price PSV wants. Liverpool, United, and Paris all fit the necessary criteria of club and player - PSV will accept all these offers and Memphis is free to choose his next club according to his personal preference.

Mind you, a 30m Euro transfer would be a record fee for PSV.

Bertus

Mind you, a 30m Euro transfer would be a record fee for PSV.
Mind you, I don't care you know.

I just reported what Le_Parisien said, that's all. Now if you disagree with them, that's between you and them.

As for me, I'm reposting news and patiently wait.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

I feel he will either end up at United or Liverpool. The latter will have to pull the plug on some of the mistakes they made in the summer.

Bertus

Ronan Folgoas, from Le_Parisien, said today that their source from PSG said that negociations for Depay are at a standstill, with the parisian club not expecting much to start negociations again.

Jair Ventura

Ronan Folgoas, from Le_Parisien, said today that their source from PSG said that negociations for Depay are at a standstill, with the parisian club not expecting much to start negociations again.

Yesterday L’Equipe accuses PSV of exaggerating PSG’s interest in Depay to drive up the wingers price. Today Le'Parisien says negotiations have halted, in Holland they say If Memphis agrees to PSG's terms then they will give the green light to sign him. In English media it is reported that Liverpool has cooled it's interest and that United has yet to make any offer at all....

Summer is here. :neymar:

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Read English reports today that PSG had dropped out of the running for Depay due to financial reasons, but nothing of the sort from French or Dutch medias. The latest from the latter is still what we've received from the director of PSV, which leads me to believe that sources/tabloids out of the UK are fabricating reports in an effort to downplay PSG's interest. What's certain: He and his agent have been to Paris to meet with officials from PSG to discuss terms, same is true of Liverpool, whereas United may have interest elsewhere(Bale). For Depay, consistent minutes and CL football are key factors.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Read English reports today that PSG had dropped out of the running for Depay due to financial reasons, but nothing of the sort from French or Dutch medias. The latest from the latter is still what we've received from the director of PSV, which leads me to believe that sources/tabloids out of the UK are fabricating reports in an effort to downplay PSG's interest. What's certain: He and his agent have been to Paris to meet with officials from PSG to discuss terms, same is true of Liverpool, whereas United may have interest elsewhere(Bale). For Depay, consistent minutes and CL football are key factors.

Still am so freakishly angry that Bayern don't consider him worth their time apparently... -.-

barcaboy15

Still am so freakishly angry that Bayern don't consider him worth their time apparently... -.-

Yeah, that does seem strange. Admittedly I haven't seen enough of Depay to comment, but from what I've heard he would be an ideal Ribery replacement (who seems like he cannot be counted upon at all nowadays) and for €30m, that seems a very fair price in today's market.

MessiDinho10

Thijs Slegers says he has signed for Manchester United, he is known to be very reliable here in the Netherlands when it comes to PSV.

Rival

Reports from Holland that Depay has signed for United.

Apparently done and dusted. I will keep on an eye on him. It is near official that he will go to Man U. Applauded by the other PSV players in the morning training for his transfer.

Home of Barca Fans